PDA

View Full Version : A little Bills trivia for ya

patmoran2006
06-09-2010, 08:31 AM
I got this little "Daily Did You Know" thing going on I do now on my site.. This isn't up today (scheduled for tomorrow) and I dont like that stuff here anyway..

But in this case, I got a little trivia for ya.. DONT CHEAT!

Question: Who was the last Buffalo Bills player to score a touchdown in a Bills playoff win?

Ready.. Set.. Go!

SabreEleven
06-09-2010, 08:32 AM
I got this little "Daily Did You Know" thing going on I do now on my site.. This isn't up today (scheduled for tomorrow) and I dont like that stuff here anyway..

But in this case, I got a little trivia for ya.. DONT CHEAT!

Question: Who was the last Buffalo Bills player to score a touchdown in a Bills playoff win?

Ready.. Set.. Go!

I'm 43 and I'm still not old enough to remember this one.

patmoran2006
06-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm 43 and I'm still not old enough to remember this one.

lol.. You may not remember, but its not because you're too old.

Italian Stallion
06-09-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm gonna say either Steve Tasker or Darrick Holmes from that wild card playoff game in 1995 the Dolphins??

I remember we won that game then lost to the Steelers in round 2

Yasgur's Farm
06-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Doug Flutie

patmoran2006
06-09-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm gonna say either Steve Tasker or Darrick Holmes from that wild card playoff game in 1995 the Dolphins??

I remember we won that game then lost to the Steelers in round 2

You're very much on the right track.. But neither of them are the correct answer.

Forward_Lateral
06-09-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm going to guess Jim Kelly

Yasgur's Farm
06-09-2010, 09:23 AM
I just looked it up... Nobody gonna get this without cheating (google, etc.).

patmoran2006
06-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm going to guess Jim Kelly
It's not Jim Kelly.

and Draz.. You may be right.. I guess you'd have to be really locked into that roster. Don't tell since you looked it up.

I'll give two hints.. Stallion was right about the year and opponent, and I'll add that it wasn't a defensive or special teams touchdown either, so not a trick question.

Forward_Lateral
06-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Pete Metzelars?

Italian Stallion
06-09-2010, 09:28 AM
I just looked it up... Nobody gonna get this without cheating (google, etc.).

Ok then it's someone more obscure that Darrick Holmes.

Hmmmm who else played on that offense...

Probaly not right but how bout Timmy Tindale the CANADIAN ROCKET?

If it's not him then maybe Quinn Early or Lonnie Johnson? Was Early even on the team then I wonder?

patmoran2006
06-09-2010, 09:36 AM

If it's not him then maybe Quinn Early or Lonnie Johnson? Was Early even on the team then I wonder?

Bingo.. It was Tim Tindale.

He ran for a 44 yard TD in the 4th quarter to give Buffalo a 34-7 lead (they'd go to win, 37-22)

The Bills ran for over 300 yards that day.. Thurman had 158 on the ground, while Darrick Holmes had 87. Tindale had 68 on four carries, including the TD.

Italian Stallion
06-09-2010, 09:41 AM
YESSSS! I remember that now, I was at that game I believe..if I'm not mistaken I think that was the last game Don Shula ever coached?

Then the week after we went to Pittsburgh and got destroyed in the first half, made a slight comeback in the second but they won and went on to lose to Dallas in the SB

Yasgur's Farm
06-09-2010, 09:41 AM

If it's not him then maybe Quinn Early or Lonnie Johnson? Was Early even on the team then I wonder?Nice work... :posrep:

Italian Stallion
06-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Nice work... :posrep:

Thanks!

Though now I'm depressed thinkin about how the last playoff game we won was back in 1995....when Kelly, Thurman and the whole gang were still on the team

I mean...I know we've been BAD for a while, but that really puts it into a black and white reality...

:sigh:

Yasgur's Farm
06-09-2010, 09:52 AM
LOL... Here's some more piss in your Wheaties... The Bills are currently on a 4 game losing streak concerning the playoffs.

Steelers
Jags
Fins
Titans

patmoran2006
06-09-2010, 09:59 AM
YESSSS! I remember that now, I was at that game I believe..if I'm not mistaken I think that was the last game Don Shula ever coached?

Then the week after we went to Pittsburgh and got destroyed in the first half, made a slight comeback in the second but they won and went on to lose to Dallas in the SB

yep, that Pitt game was the game where Bruce Smith was sick.

And im pretty sure Jim Kelly got his head knocked off, but came running out of the tunnel during the 2nd half to try and come back.

Italian Stallion
06-09-2010, 10:02 AM
LOL... Here's some more piss in your Wheaties... The Bills are currently on a 4 game losing streak concerning the playoffs.

Steelers
Jags
Fins
Titans

UGH. Obviously besides the Titans game that Fish wildcard game was AWFUL....I remember Andre Reed getting ejected for bumping the referee and Flutie throwing a HUGE INT late in the fourth quarter

:dizzy:

Italian Stallion
06-09-2010, 10:03 AM
yep, that Pitt game was the game where Bruce Smith was sick.

And im pretty sure Jim Kelly got his head knocked off, but came running out of the tunnel during the 2nd half to try and come back.

Name the QB that came in for him....

BIG HINT: He was on the coaching staff last yr

Yasgur's Farm
06-09-2010, 10:06 AM
AVP of course

Italian Stallion
06-09-2010, 10:14 AM
AVP of course

Yup...I think he actually threw a TD to some scrub if I remember correctly

Yasgur's Farm
06-09-2010, 10:25 AM
2 yard TD pass to TE Tony Cline.

Italian Stallion
06-09-2010, 10:29 AM
2 yard TD pass to TE Tony Cline.

wow I'm on FIRE today!

Maybe I should go buy some lotto tickets...

The last buffalo fan
06-09-2010, 12:08 PM
UGH. Obviously besides the Titans game that Fish wildcard game was AWFUL....I remember Andre Reed getting ejected for bumping the referee and Flutie throwing a HUGE INT late in the fourth quarter

:dizzy:

Got hit by one of the gayest phins player, Tracy Armstrong. :limp: