PDA

View Full Version : Bills want 4th rounder for Lynch?!

billz83
06-09-2010, 05:29 PM
I think we should be getting at least a 3rd or 2nd..for a 4th id rather have him on the team for insurance because we always have injuries..what do u guyz think?!

the link is here:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnnxElRNTNrsiwSnscOrD4tDubYF?slug=nfp-20100609_bills_unwilling_to_trade_lynch_for_less_than_fourthrounder

psubills62
06-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Listen, no team is desperate for a RB that is one incident away from a 16 game suspension. Lynch didn't help his case by sucking on the field last year. I think people wanting a 2nd, possibly a 3rd are a little unreasonable. Getting a 4th rounder would be fine at this point.

billz83
06-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Listen, no team is desperate for a RB that is one incident away from a 16 game suspension. Lynch didn't help his case by sucking on the field last year. I think people wanting a 2nd, possibly a 3rd are a little unreasonable. Getting a 4th rounder would be fine at this point.

Definitely understand what ur saying..sum just want him off the team and i doubt they care if itz a 4th or a 7th as long as hes gone..and if we keep him he HAS to play good or his free agent value will be **** like now.

Pinkerton Security
06-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Definitely understand what ur saying..sum just want him off the team and i doubt they care if itz a 4th or a 7th as long as hes gone..and if we keep him he HAS to play good or his free agent value will be **** like now.

Teams realize he doesnt want to be here so thats why his value is low. I personally would rather keep him than have a 4th rounder, esp. because i think we're gonna need him big time this year.

FlyingDutchman
06-09-2010, 06:14 PM
4th would be fair, especially after what we saw Holmes go for. It just frustrating bc its another 1st round pick that we're getting absolutely nothing out of....

billz83
06-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Teams realize he doesnt want to be here so thats why his value is low. I personally would rather keep him than have a 4th rounder, esp. because i think we're gonna need him big time this year.

exactly how i feel...to me a 4th rounder would be pointless unless sumhow that 4th rounder helps get a trade done for a LT or Olinemen..

better days
06-09-2010, 07:52 PM
I think that 4th rnd is BS speculation by the writer of that article.

Lynch has said himself that he has been told he will not be traded this year.

As others have said, I think he has more value as insurance than a 4th rnd pick.

Buffalogic
06-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Already reported they turned down a 3rd round pick on draft day.

The 4th rounder comment is totally made up.

AndreReed83
06-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I'll take anything at this point. I'm not sure how good of insurance he would prove to be. He's not in camp learning the playbook. It doesn't sound like he is working out all that hard. Hell, he already has his millions, I'm not sure if he is all that keen on playing pro ball. Unless he gets into camp asap, he's going to be a disaster if he actually gets some playing time this upcoming season.

BillsWin
06-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Already reported they turned down a 3rd round pick on draft day.

The 4th rounder comment is totally made up.

Heard it was actually two fourths. Not a third.

That was a rumor though.

DMBcrew36
06-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Lynch is worth no more than a third

tat2dmike77
06-09-2010, 10:09 PM

I have to agree with you. While i am not a Lynch supporter injuries happen and let's face it you can never have too many RB's. Lynch has no leverage at this point. He has to show up or he will be fined it's not like he is coming off a career year if he wants to prove he can play then he needs to show up and win his job back and produce on the field this season.

Lynch brought all the negative feelings from Bills nation on himself. Nobody made him roll around with his homies with guns and weed in the car. Nobody made him run over a lady in a cross walk and go home and play XBOX. He made stupid choices which made fans turn against. He can piss and moan about how he wants out of Buffalo all he wants. But at the end of the day he has to show up (for mandatory stuff) or be fined. The Bills hold all the cards and he needs to shut up and produce on the field.

ServoBillieves
06-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Let's let go of a 1st rounder who had 2 great years followed by one poor one.

I really prefer the possibly good 2 headed monster of Jackson/Spiller with either a rookie or Simpson compared to the hydra of Jackson/Lynch/Spiller.

Whatever... if the Bills want nothing in return for something let them have it.

more cowbell
06-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I have to agree with you. While i am not a Lynch supporter injuries happen and let's face it you can never have too many RB's. Lynch has no leverage at this point. He has to show up or he will be fined it's not like he is coming off a career year if he wants to prove he can play then he needs to show up and win his job back and produce on the field this season.

Lynch brought all the negative feelings from Bills nation on himself. Nobody made him roll around with his homies with guns and weed in the car. Nobody made him run over a lady in a cross walk and go home and play XBOX. He made stupid choices which made fans turn against. He can piss and moan about how he wants out of Buffalo all he wants. But at the end of the day he has to show up (for mandatory stuff) or be fined. The Bills hold all the cards and he needs to shut up and produce on the field.

that vegas thing is one of the greatest things ive seen in a while dude

Buffalogic
06-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Heard it was actually two fourths. Not a third.

That was a rumor though.
I heard that they turned down separate offers. One was a 4th and another was a 3rd. At any rate they turned down a trade for instant compensation on that day. There's no way they are going to trade him for a forth now so they can cash it in a year later.

Doesn't make sense.

Night Train
06-10-2010, 03:27 AM
I think we should get a 1st rounder for Trentative..because I decree it !

There has to be an actual market for players to receive high compensation in a trade.

X-Era
06-10-2010, 05:14 AM
I think we should be getting at least a 3rd or 2nd..for a 4th id rather have him on the team for insurance because we always have injuries..what do u guyz think?!

the link is here:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnnxElRNTNrsiwSnscOrD4tDubYF?slug=nfp-20100609_bills_unwilling_to_trade_lynch_for_less_than_fourthrounder

Use the pick to swing a deal for a LT. Use a position of strength to bolster a position of weakness.

tampabay25690
06-10-2010, 06:06 AM
Lynch is worth a 4th at best anyway....
GEt what you can but a LT like X-Era said and thats a job well done...

YardRat
06-10-2010, 06:24 AM
There wouldn't be so many negative feelings toward Lynch, or a willingness to let him go for little to nothing, if he would actually show up and display some motivation and effort.

Let him sit on the floor in the middle of the room and hold his breath until his face turns blue.

Historian
06-10-2010, 06:41 AM
Lynch is worth no more than a third

He has the potential DMB, but it simply hasn't come to fruition.

Take the 4th...it's a gift.

Jan Reimers
06-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Lynch has more value to us than an unknown 4th rounder would have. If nothing else, he gives us solid depth at a position where injuries are commonplace. At best, he compliments a smallish, lightning fast rookie and a 30ish glider, with his bullish style.

tampabay25690
06-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Lynch has more value to us than an unknown 4th rounder would have. If nothing else, he gives us solid depth at a position where injuries are commonplace. At best, he compliments a smallish, lightning fast rookie and a 30ish glider, with his bullish style.

What happens at your job if someone doesnt show up or doesnt want to be there???? Yea no value at all....

better days
06-10-2010, 08:24 AM
What happens at your job if someone doesnt show up or doesnt want to be there???? Yea no value at all....

Well, I guess the Jets should get rid of Revis, the Colts should get rid of Wayne, & the Titans should get rid of Johnson then.

DMBcrew36
06-10-2010, 09:03 AM
He has the potential DMB, but it simply hasn't come to fruition.

Take the 4th...it's a gift.

Yea

I'm just saying - you don't just get the guy on the field. You get the guy off the field too. No way the Bills would ever get more than a 3rd - and they'd be lucky to get even that.

trapezeus
06-10-2010, 09:05 AM
unless a team is trading us a player, i'm not interested at this point.

lynch is insurance, he'll run if he has to. once that trade deadline passes, his agent, at the very least, should tell him, "this is it. if you suck here, the bills still won't trade you next year if you aren't worth it to them. And they'll pay out the bottom end of your contract. once you are done here in Blo, you won't be signing a big contract and sit very close to the edge of being outof football. run and run with pride. that's your only chance."

The bills can either let this own them, or they can own this situation. i hope they do the latter.

justasportsfan
06-10-2010, 09:05 AM
If Spiller starts returning kicks, I'd rather keep Lynch as back up just in case if it's for a 4th or less.

jamze132
06-10-2010, 09:12 AM
No way we will get a 4th for Lynch right now. Maybe in September, but not right now.

Pinkerton Security
06-10-2010, 09:13 AM

not attacking you specifically, but i hate when people use this argument...i understand the intent, but the NFL is nothing like the real world...these events are totally optional. Im not defending him, im pissed he isnt in yet either and he is missing valuable time he could be learning Gailey's system. But it is his option to stay away from these activities. if he doesnt show up for mandatory team functions, then it becomes another issue altogether.

justasportsfan
06-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Due to the uncapped year , doesn't his contract extend 1 more year if he doesn't show up to camp? :idunno: I heard something to that extent at NFLN.

BertSquirtgum
06-10-2010, 10:40 AM
i think it should be a conditional pick. if he gains over 1000 yards this year. a 2nd round pick. if he doesn't? a 4th round pick. if he gets suspended? still a 4th

jpdex12
06-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Just hold on to him. We aren't going to use a draft pick right now anyway. There is no rush. Wait it out. RB's always go down in pre-season. Maybe even one of ours and then we will need him but if not his trade value will increase when a team absolutely needs a starting RB no matter if he's one strike away from a suspension or not. When you are desperate you do whatever it takes.

It's not going to hurt us to hold on to him for now and see what happens. Some team will eventually have a dire need and it'll pay off better than just dumping him now for a fourth.

There are some good posts on here with common sense opinions about this situation. Just wait it out and focus on the Spiller/Jackson tandem. Should be exciting if our line pans out. Who knows maybe we will get a second round pick for Lynch eventually and trade it to the Ravens for Gaithers or the Saints for one of their LT's.

DraftBoy
06-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Ill trade him for a 4th in a heartbeat.

RockStar36
06-10-2010, 12:07 PM
A 4th seems fair, although now that the draft is over, it might make more sense to hang on to him for insurance purposes. He'll eventually have to show up when things become mandatory.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Which is generally the average value of your typical fourth round draft pick, too.

ZAZusmc03
06-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Ill trade him for a 4th in a heartbeat.

Agreed 100%

I think a 4th is the best we can do for his ******ed ass

Mr. Pink
06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't even say he's worth a 4th round pick right now.

Shoulda been traded last year, then before the draft, the team overvalued him and held him too long.

He's a third string RB with character issues who's pouting.

I honestly wouldn't care if he was flat out released.

psubills62
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
We all know Lynch made his own bed, now he has to sleep in it. It's his own dang fault that his trade value is nothing.

Marshawn Lynch has "zero trade value" right now, according to ESPN.com's Tim Graham.

"No matter how much he wants to posture and get his way off the team, the Bills can't get anything in return for him," said Graham. "He has so much baggage that other teams don't want to trust him." Lynch's hands are pretty much tied at this point. His only option is to return to Buffalo and play the role of the good soldier while trying to rehabilitate his image.

From rotoworld.com

Jan Reimers
06-11-2010, 06:29 AM
If someone doesn't show up for an optional event, nothing happens. And I imagine that most of my employees - who do very good work - would rather be somewhere else other than sitting at a desk in an office.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-13-2010, 06:10 PM
NO WAY DO I TRADE LYNCH...

1 he is great depth
2 he is the only power runner
3 hes better than mark ingram who is a beast, would anyone want to trade a top 10rb for a 5th round pick, i would say no...

psubills62
06-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Well, La Canfora is disputing ESPN somewhat,

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that the Seahawks are "quite interested" in Marshawn Lynch, should the Bills decide to trade him.

This disputes an ESPN report from late last week that Lynch "has zero trade value." Seattle is an excellent fit on paper following the release of LenDale White. The Seahawks also use a zone-blocking system similar to what Lynch played in at Cal. Still, they might not offer more than a late-round pick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Hopefully they'll just get this deal done at some point soon.

OpIv37
06-14-2010, 01:02 PM
NO WAY DO I TRADE LYNCH...

1 he is great depth
2 he is the only power runner
3 hes better than mark ingram who is a beast, would anyone want to trade a top 10rb for a 5th round pick, i would say no...

only an insane homer thinks Lynch is a top 10 RB. This is yet another case of Bills fans overvaluing a Bills player.

Lynch's value went to **** the second we drafted Spiller.

justasportsfan
06-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Report: Seahawks have interest in Lynch

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/06/14/report-seahawks-have-interest-in-lynch/

NOT THE DUDE...
06-14-2010, 10:15 PM
only an insane homer thinks Lynch is a top 10 RB. This is yet another case of Bills fans overvaluing a Bills player.

Lynch's value went to **** the second we drafted Spiller.

Name the backs better than lynch, including age and injury history...??

NOT THE DUDE...
06-14-2010, 10:18 PM
ray rice
jones drew
chris johnson
adrian peterson
steven jackson
frank gore
jammal charles
michael turner
deangelo williams
jonathan stewart
-
marshawn lynch

i have him as the 11th best rb... which means he is basically a top 10 talent...

BertSquirtgum
06-14-2010, 11:38 PM
fred jackson is better than him

here's a list of who i think is better than thug mode

tim hightower
chris wells
michael turner
ray rice
deangelo williams
jonathan stewart
cedric benson
felix jones
marion barber
knowshon moreno
ryan grant
joseph addai
maurice jones-drew
jamaal charles
thomas jones
ronnie brown
ricky williams
adrian peterson
pierre thomas
brandon jacobs
shonn greene
darren mcfadden
frank gore
julius jones
stephen jackson
chris johnson
clinton portis
larry johnson

not even in the top 25, in my opinion. there is also a bunch that i was on the fence with, such as rashard mendenhall.