PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign draft picks Moats and Brown

psubills62
06-10-2010, 08:31 AM
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=976267&nid=4748410&fhn=1

Sorry if it was posted already, didn't see it.

Brown got 1.86 million, Moats got 1.9 million. Both were over 4 years, and both could get ~1 million more with playing time escalators.

Tatonka
06-10-2010, 08:33 AM
love the quick signings.

Aero II
06-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Lets hope Spiller signs before the first practice at Training Camp.

Pinkerton Security
06-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Lets hope Spiller signs before the first practice at Training Camp.

that would be awesome

psubills62
06-10-2010, 08:56 AM
love the quick signings.

Honestly, I think this point alone (especially in the offseason) merits its own discussion.

Why, all of a sudden, are the Bills so prompt about signing players? Usually even when a player is slotted it takes them until 3 days before TC to sign them. Now they're partially setting the market. Obviously the Bears are the first ones through, but Buffalo is now sitting in the second tier of teams (e.g. Eagles) who sign their players relatively early.

I love that Chris Brown doesn't have to sit there on his blog making excuses about how "the market has to be set for Buffalo to sign anyone."

Of course, all this could be undone by an extended TC holdout. Though of anyone, I have to think that Spiller would be the least affected by a holdout. How hard is it to learn the RB position? I'd say of our picks, he's probably the most NFL-ready, so I'd rather see guys like Carrington and Troup sign early before Spiller. We need Troup to step up and be our NT.

ZAZusmc03
06-10-2010, 08:58 AM
I think Spiller will be one of the first to sign out of the top 15 picks.

justasportsfan
06-10-2010, 08:59 AM
NIce. Signing sooner than later gets them into camp and getting them on the same page with the rest. I'm liking Nix's handling of the FO more and more.

jamze132
06-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Always a good thing when your picks are signed before mandatory workouts.

ServoBillieves
06-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I didn't see it posted anywhere else but Calloway was also signed a few days ago

psubills62
06-10-2010, 10:37 AM
DL Will Croner and OG Jorge Guerra were dropped from the roster to make room for Brown and Moats.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/06/10/bills-move-2-more-off-roster/

ghz in pittsburgh
06-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Unless one side is being unreasonable, it should not be that hard to get those slotted deals done. How much a difference can there be between what the draftees want and what the team offers?

TigerJ
06-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Personally, I too love the quick signings, though the reality is it doesn't make much difference as long as signings are done before training camp. From all appearances the kind of players Buffalo picked early in the draft don't look like likely holdouts. Spiller is a high character guy. Unless he signed with a jerk of an agent, I think he'll be reasonable in his negotiations, at least reasonable for a first round draft pick.

Buddo
06-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I think it's one of the benefits, of drafting guys who really want to play in the NFL, and are highly motivated to do so.
A good example of this, in actual fact, would be James Hardy. No matter what else people may think of him, he wanted to get his deal signed, and instructed his agent, to get it done. Hardy's agent is Eugene Parker, of Peters and Crabtree infamy.
One of the more frustrating aspects of signing draft picks, is that even now, you could probably work out what money an awful lot of the picks are going to get, yet they remain unsigned (I'm referring league wide here), and most of it is just agent posturing, as the cause of it.

DraftBoy
06-10-2010, 06:03 PM
The hold up with contracts (especially for high picks) is in the details we never see.

The cars, the escalators, the bonuses, the statistical achievements, etc...

BillsWin
06-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Too bad on Guerra. I thought he had potential.

I just hope Destin and Coleman find a way to stick around. I think both have some skills that can transition to the NFL.