USC suspended from post season bowls for 2 years, might lose 2004 NCAA championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

USC suspended from post season bowls for 2 years, might lose 2004 NCAA championship

yep. you read it. it's official.

USC has been violating NCAA regulations for years, and Pete Carroll got out just in time, before all his titles and records were stripped from him.

The NCAA handed the University of Southern California a two-year postseason football ban and vacated wins in Reggie Bush's final season, among other penalties, for violations in its football, men's basketball and women's tennis programs on Thursday.

You'll remember back before Carroll signed with the Seahawks i was talking about this (actually this has been in the works for the better part of 3 years now... somehow USC was able to hold off the NCAA for 3 years... they couldn't keep it going, Carroll saw the writing on the wall and bailed)... Looks like Lane Kiffin is stuck holding the bag.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 06-11-2010, 12:47 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: USC suspended from post season bowls for 2 years, might lose 2004 NCAA championship

They are both dicks!

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Re: USC suspended from post season bowls for 2 years, might lose 2004 NCAA championship

Originally posted by The Spaz
      They are both dicks!
      yeah.. trust me... as someone who's worked, clawed and scraped for and earned everything he's gotten in football through hard work... i have zero sympathy for the legacy baby Kiffin who has done nothing but fall ass backwards into the dream head coaching jobs in football, one after another, and never had to... you know. win anywhere.

it might be sour grapes... but i would kill for a chance to head coach in the NFL, or at University of Tennessee... and that legacy baby not only had those jobs gift wrapped for him, but he didn't even have to produce respectable results anywhere to get what is arguably one of the best HC jobs in football... anywhere at USC. so i am certainly laughing about it...
      Last edited by Ingtar33; 06-11-2010, 12:52 AM.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• dplus47
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
        yeah.. trust me... as someone who's worked, clawed and scraped for and earned everything he's gotten in football through hard work... i have zero sympathy for the legacy baby Kiffin who has done nothing but fall ass backwards into the dream head coaching jobs in football, one after another, and never had to... you know. win anywhere.

it might be sour grapes... but i would kill for a chance to head coach in the NFL, or at University of Tennessee... and that legacy baby not only had those jobs gift wrapped for him, but he didn't even have to produce respectable results anywhere to get what is arguably one of the best HC jobs in football... anywhere at USC. so i am certainly laughing about it...
        After watching what happened at Tennessee, the business with Kiffin in Oakland makes me think that Al Davis has moments of lucidity.

Nobody at USC generally has to work for anything, and it shows up in a lot of their players once they reach the next level. The LB's have been good, but then again, they were on 'roids. Look at some of the members of that famous team that have gone on to the next level: Leinart, Bush, LenDale White... Not exactly overachievers, that's for sure.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Couldn't happen to a better program. RIP for about 5 years, USC.

And Pete Carroll escapes before the fire. Here's hoping Seattle wins 1 game a year for the next 5 years.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
            • Feb 2010

30 scholarships WOW...if they are vacating that one Bush year, the Heisman should also be taken away.
            "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

The biggest deal is the 30 scholarships.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

The biggest deals to me are that all their players with two years of eligibility left can transfer to any school without sitting out and that the 2011 incoming freshman cannot redshirt their first year.

They will only lose 6-7 scholarships a year I read, but they will still land 4-5 5 star guys.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Throne Logic
                  Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  The biggest deals to me are that all their players with two years of eligibility left can transfer to any school without sitting out and that the 2011 incoming freshman cannot redshirt their first year.

They will only lose 6-7 scholarships a year I read, but they will still land 4-5 5 star guys.

Going to be tough to land those 4-5 star guys based primarily upon what you said in your first paragraph.

Is Lane really going to be able to sit in some high ranked prospect's living room and pitch it? "I realize that we can't offer you a chance at any post season action and that you will be forever associated with USC during the 'dark years'. . . BUT there's good news! Many of our up-and-coming players just bailed for greener pastures, so you will get a chance to play right away!" He adds under his breath, "plus I can't redshirt ya anyhow".

"What was that, Mr Kiffin?" Mr. High Prospect asks?

"Oh, er, nothing. I was just reminiscing about better times in Oakland."
                  Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                    Going to be tough to land those 4-5 star guys based primarily upon what you said in your first paragraph.

Is Lane really going to be able to sit in some high ranked prospect's living room and pitch it? "I realize that we can't offer you a chance at any post season action and that you will be forever associated with USC during the 'dark years'. . . BUT there's good news! Many of our up-and-coming players just bailed for greener pastures, so you will get a chance to play right away!" He adds under his breath, "plus I can't redshirt ya anyhow".

"What was that, Mr Kiffin?" Mr. High Prospect asks?

"Oh, er, nothing. I was just reminiscing about better times in Oakland."
                    You have to know Kiffin and Orgeron will spin things to favor them when talking to recruits. And kids are dumb, they'll believe it, or they won't care.

During his currently brief stints as head coach, Kiffin has shown to be a very, very powerful recruiter.

But yes, these penalties were a long time coming.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

What kid is going to want to go to a team that isn't bowl eligable? I know they'll still land players because its USC but if I'm talented and smart, I'm eyeballing any other school that gives me that extra game to showcase talent.

Scholarships are the biggest loss for them, but the best part is it falls in to Lane Kiffins lap. Worthless ******* deserves it.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
                        • Feb 2010

I would love to be a fly on the wall for UCLA and Washington recruiting trips LOL
                        "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Why weren't they just given the death penalty?? Why is there even any recourse? Teams have been cheating for years. It's simple - you break the rules and your program dies. Period.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                            Why weren't they just given the death penalty?? Why is there even any recourse? Teams have been cheating for years. It's simple - you break the rules and your program dies. Period.
                            Alright slow down there, USC doesnt deserve to be killed because an agent/rep bought and paid for some stuff for Reggie Bush. Wow that's going out on a limb a bit don't you think?
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

Theyre talking about taking back Reggie Bush's Heisman also...

Comment

Working...
                              X