X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

A new spin on Schobel

I hear Aaron Schobel wanted certain time concessions if he was going to play another season with the Bills. A dominant force such as Roger Clemens can strike such a deal, but Schobel doesn't exactly carry that kind of clout.

Interesting. I don't know how connected DiCesare is regarding the Bills.

In my opinion, the change to 3-4 means the old Front 7 are all in danger of being phased out in a couple of years. I can see they get rid of Schobel (if he comes back), Kelsay, Ellis next year. Stroud is seeing the writing on the wall and I'm glad he takes the route of fighting for it. Still I see they get his replacement next year.
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 06-11-2010, 09:45 AM.
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: A new spin on Schobel

Schobel probably wants to play.. but he doesn't want to go to training camp or engage in any practice activities until mid-August.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

It seems odd to me that Schobel pretty much tried to pass the buck to the Bills. As if the Bills didn't seem to want him, so that's why he's retiring.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
        • Dec 2008

I think we should try to get ANY pick for him....if we draw no interest, cut him loose and allow him to play somewhere else if he wants to. The guy has been a class act for the organization and was dealt a crappy hand by having to play for the Bills the last decade.

Houston Texans run a 4-3 right? Maybe he could contribute there and be close to home. The Texans have a decent shot at being contenders in the next couple of years as well. I'd like to see the guy go out with a championship even if its not with the bills.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Aaron Schobel is pulling a Brett Favre on the Bills right now and honestly I'm shocked that they haven't tried to trade his rights. He would be happier in Dallas or on the Texans opposite Mario Williams.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i don't see how he thinks he has the right to pull a brett farve when we are in the process of switching defenses and he needs to learn a new position...

i think he wants to be traded.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

What a frickin diva.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                i don't see how he thinks he has the right to pull a brett farve when we are in the process of switching defenses and he needs to learn a new position...

i think he wants to be traded.
                I think he does too. But It boggles my mind why he doesn't just say that.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

He is obviously pulling a Favre, however that won't work with the Bills because of them switching everything up.

I wouldn't trade him though. Hang on to him until he announces his retirement. I wouldn't do him any favors.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Again, one of the big keys, if not the biggest key in all of this... is Schobel CAN'T STAND training camp. I think it's one of the major factors here. He probably wants to be told he can skip it if he returns.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                      Again, one of the big keys, if not the biggest key in all of this... is Schobel CAN'T STAND training camp. I think it's one of the major factors here. He probably wants to be told he can skip it if he returns.
                      To which our response should be, sac the **** up and get your ass out there ya nancy.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

time to move on.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mightysimi
                          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Aaron Schobel is pulling a Brett Favre on the Bills right now and honestly I'm shocked that they haven't tried to trade his rights. He would be happier in Dallas or on the Texans opposite Mario Williams.
                          I can't imagine it would be easy to trade a guy contemplating retirement. I have a hard time hating the guy. I can see not wanting to move to a new position this late in his career.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                            He is in serious decline to begin with, and if he comes into the season with little conditioning and no reps at a new position in a new defensive scheme, he will be useless. The Bills should get him into camp, or get rid of him.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

i thought schobel played well last year. better than i expected. but i don't think there is much of a market for a guy who costs $6MM and is uninterested in attending camp.

if the bills cut him, i just don't see a lot of teams scooping him up. especially at that contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X