X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Destroying a Myth

In the 6.25 games that Edwards played, Evans averaged 36.48 yards per game.

In the 7.75 games that Fitzpatrick played, Evans averaged 37.68 yards per game.

So Evans got an extra yard per game when Fitzy was in there. ONE single yard. Is that significant? BTW, I didn't count the Colts game, where Evans got 49 yards, because I figure the other team has to be trying to win the game in order for it to count...not that it would make much difference. Also, Trent got hurt in the Jets game, thus the decimals in my calculations.

Evans' TDs or number of catches didn't suffer under Trent when compared to Fitzpatrick, either.

People assume these things, but they aren't true.

Same goes for T.O....

T.O.'s numbers under ole Fitzy:

Carolina: 27 yards
    Houston: 39 yards
    Miami: 96 yards
    NY Jets: 31 yards
    Kansas City: 15 yards
    New England: 20 yards
    Colts' scrubs: 65 yards
    In three quarters against the Jets: 7 yards

Yeah, Fitz and Owens connected on a 98-yarder in the Jax game, inflating the numbers a lot, but Owens also dropped a pass right in the bread-basket that should have went for about 80 yards from Trent.

Besides the overinflated Jacksonville numbers, here how it all spans out:

Fitzpatrick to Owens: 38.71 yards per game
    Edwards to Owens: 46.88 yards per game

This is taking under the consideration that Trent played a quarter of the Jets game, and Fitzpatrick played the other three quarters. I even included the Colts' scrubs numbers this time...don't worry, it helped Fitzy and T.O.'s numbers...

Include that Jacksonville game, and it doesn't really destroy my argument, but anybody that watched every game can see why I would do that. Include that game, particularly the one play, and Fitz would have completed about 10 more yards to T.O. than Trent per game, hardly enough to write home about.

If people want Fitzpatrick to start because he "throws to his WRs downfield more," forget that crap. It doesn't work, and Trent is liable to make the smarter throw IMO.
    Last edited by feldspar; 06-11-2010, 10:07 PM.
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Destroying a Myth

So...they both sucked. Great, get rid of one and take the bulk of the starting reps away from the other and give them to Brohm and Brown.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

All you've proven is that Fitz lovers are just as irrational as Edwards fans.

Both suck.

Let's cut our losses, start Brohm and if he sucks as well, we get a high draft pick and pick "our guy".
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BillsWin
        All you've proven is that Fitz lovers are just as irrational as Edwards fans.

Both suck.

Let's cut our losses, start Brohm and if he sucks as well, we get a high draft pick and pick "our guy".
        No, you hear all this crap about how Fitz is more willing to go downfield, and a lot of people assume that the WRs were much more involved in the game under him. This is not true. We didn't see any more WR production with Fitzpatrick under Center. This is the point. I thought some people needed to hear it.

If you say "start Brohm" you are acting blindly. No reason to think that way. People say this on the basis that Brohm's name isn't Edwards or Fitzpatrick...nothing else at all.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

TO had a very long catch per game record going until he played with Trent. Trent could not get the ball to him even ONCE!!!! ENDING his RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Goobylal
            So...they both sucked. Great, get rid of one and take the bulk of the starting reps away from the other and give them to Brohm and Brown.
            What about the line? You want to ruin another kid?

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by better days
              TO had a very long catch per game record going until he played with Trent. Trent could not get the ball to him even ONCE!!!! ENDING his RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

The best reply you could come up with..........TO talking about Romo. That is because you know I am right. There was NO EXCUSE for Trent to end that record!! Trent SUCKS period.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

The best reply you could come up with..........TO talking about Romo. That is because you know I am right. There was NO EXCUSE for Trent to end that record!! Trent SUCKS period.
                  I'm going to feel sorry for a guy that made $6.5 million last year and was given the key to the city? After the way he made no difference here?

Remember how bad the Bills were last year, and then remember that this happened against the team that won the Super Bowl...then think twice before you blame Edwards alone for this. Finally, who really cares about T.O.'s streak?

If T.O. is so great, why is he not on a team heading into the middle of June?
                  Last edited by feldspar; 06-11-2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by feldspar
                    What about the line? You want to ruin another kid?
                    The OLine did not ruin Fitz, he came to Buffalo that way.

Still, a 98 YD TD to TO Buffalo RECORD trumps Trent ENDING a long held record that TO held.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by feldspar
                      I'm going to feel sorry for a guy that made $6.5 million last year and was given the key to the city? After the way he made no difference here?

Remember how bad the Bills were last year, and then remember that this happened against the team that won the Super Bowl...then think twice before you blame Edwards alone for this. Finally, who really cares about T.O.'s streak?

If T.O. is so great, why is he not on a team heading into the middle of June?
                      I don't feel sorry for TO, I feel sorry for the fans having to endure Captain Checkdown game after game. And yes Edwards alone was responsible for ending that record.

The reason TO is not on a team is because he is old & wants TOO much money.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

The OLine did not ruin Fitz, he came to Buffalo that way.
                        Yeah it would be hard to ruin someone that wasn't too good in the first place.

Still, a 98 YD TD to TO Buffalo RECORD trumps Trent ENDING a long held record that TO held.
                        TO never held any such record that I understand. It was his own personal record, not a league record. I believe that Jerry Rice holds the record for most consecutive games with at least one reception...that's 274 straight games. Owens has only appeared in 205 games, so I doubt he is the guy with the record, even if he caught a pass in every game he appeared in, which he didn't.

Why do you care so much about this so-called record? He ended his own personal streak against the team that would eventually win the Super Bowl. I guess no part of it could be his fault, the o-line's, the Super Bowl winning team's game-plan or execution...or anything else for that matter. Just Trent's fault, right?

He didn't bobble a pass? He did.

Who really cares?

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

There used to be a poster here who would often leave out the biggest plays to make an argument ... so much so that the tactic was named after him. Mockingly.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

Didnt Trent lead us to a 5-0 record at one point? just asking.
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Philagape
                              There used to be a poster here who would often leave out the biggest plays to make an argument ... so much so that the tactic was named after him. Mockingly.
                              That ain't me. Read the whole thing, sport.

Comment

Working...
                              X