PDA

View Full Version : bring back Henry Jones

THenPitBull
06-11-2003, 12:36 PM
I say we bring back Henry Jones, we still need leadership and experience at the safety position now with the loss of Cota. Or bring in Anothony Dorsett or Blaine Bishop to really solidify this backfield.

and either eric metcalf or desmond howard for punt returns, I still think they'd be an upgrade over who we got right now.

Quadry Ismail at WR ?

The Natrix
06-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Since when have Dorsett or Bishop played in the backfield? lol.

isn't metcalf like 46? Shaw will be fine.

There really isn't any need for Ismail although it wouldn't hurt to take a look.

THenPitBull
06-11-2003, 12:55 PM
metcalf is only 35 althought it seems like he's been around for a long time, desmond is even younger, however they've been game breakers in the past. Has shaw ? I like to go on proven records.

It wouldnt hurt to look at Ismail or Crowell for that matter, if Shaw is a bust, we wont have a solid #3 and we gota think Aikens needs a year to develop, Ismail has been a proven WR in this league for many years.

and the backfield is considered DB's. lol.

mikemac2001
06-11-2003, 01:03 PM
i like crowell alot ....i would be pleased if we signed him...better team better results he had nothing really around him i think he could really be solid in buffalo

Ebenezer
06-11-2003, 01:03 PM
Did Henry Jones play in the league last year??

THenPitBull
06-11-2003, 01:05 PM
yeah for Atlanta

Ebenezer
06-11-2003, 01:06 PM
I stand corrected...I still don't want him back.

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Yeah Henry was great but he is washed up.

Demon
06-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by THenPitBull
I say we bring back Henry Jones, we still need leadership and experience at the safety position now with the loss of Cota. Or bring in Anothony Dorsett or Blaine Bishop to really solidify this backfield.

Hey, maybe we can get Kent Hull to be the backup center?????

Seriously people, let the history go! No Jones, No Bruce Smith.... we have new GM, new coach, new players and hopefully we can do something the past didn't, win the super bowl.

Mr. Miyagi
06-11-2003, 09:33 PM
I agree. No more big names from the past: Metcalf, Crowell, Jones, Howard, etc. These guys are all have-beens. Their prime have passed.

Jan Reimers
06-12-2003, 01:57 PM
I totally agree. We have enough veteran leadership at enough positions already. Let's develop some new blood.

ublinkwescore
06-12-2003, 05:40 PM
I'm philosophically opposed to signing anyone that was on Tecmo Superbowl for the 8 bit NES - like Henry Jones (Mark Kelso was our other safety I believe), or Metcalf - who was a Brown if I'm not mistaken.

RedEyE
06-12-2003, 05:47 PM
http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/0603/11notes.html

from the AJC.com ". . . . Former safety Henry Jones, who was talked out of retirement to play last season, is assisting secondary coach Emmitt Thomas in a voluntary capacity."

Also if you click on the link you'll recognize the names of several others.

TigerJ
06-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Ditto, Demon. The super bowl years were great (and would have been better with a win), and the post super bowl years still had some good and exciting teams, but the past is past and these guys, who are in their mid thirties or so, are not going to make the Bills a better football team.

PA Season Ticket Holder
06-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Maybe we can get Reggie White to come out of retirement to be our LDE.

There's a reason why none of them players are retired or without a team. Let it go.

Throne Logic
06-13-2003, 11:16 AM
About Reggie White. I was about to add another name like Ronnie Lott to our growing list of has-beens. However, Reggie is one guy who I would bet could come back and be productive. I love Bruce, but Reggie was THE man at DE.

Throne Logic
06-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Wasn't it Reggie that absolutely tossed aside Marcus Spriggs back in Spriggs' rookie season. It might have been in pre-season. I just remember the image of a 330 lb man being cast aside by Reggie. Might as well have been an RB.