PDA

View Full Version : we won't win

DrGraves
06-13-2010, 11:59 PM
until darcy reiger is gone. he is the worst GM in professional sports. how many great players have left buffalo via trades/ or FA.... campbell, peca, barnaby, hasek, briere, drury, satan, max, wooley, etc. thats just 20 seconds worth of thoughts and we all know there are way more.

What did we do to deserve this torture buffalo?

when is the last time darcy made a good move at the deadline or made a good signing...? i can't name one.

we are getting to complacent as fans.

time to put the squeeze on this mother ****er.

G Wolly
06-14-2010, 12:27 AM
when is the last time darcy made a good move at the deadline or made a good signing...? i can't name one.

Drafting Ryan Miller or Tyler Myers?

SabreEleven
06-14-2010, 07:02 AM
I blame Larry Quinn. He is a real estate guy running a hockey team. At least Regier has a hockey background. Regeir has to GM this team with a blind fold on and one arm behind his back.

SabreEleven
06-14-2010, 07:03 AM

Miller was pure luck. He was drafted in the 6th round. Plently of draft failures to make up for Miller.

G Wolly
06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Miller was pure luck. He was drafted in the 6th round. Plently of draft failures to make up for Miller.

Many draft picks end up being "pure luck" anyways.

RockStar36
06-14-2010, 11:41 AM
until darcy reiger is gone. he is the worst GM in professional sports. how many great players have left buffalo via trades/ or FA.... campbell, peca, barnaby, hasek, briere, drury, satan, max, wooley, etc. thats just 20 seconds worth of thoughts and we all know there are way more.

What did we do to deserve this torture buffalo?

we are getting to complacent as fans.

time to put the squeeze on this mother ****er.

He also acquired Briere and Drury via (very lopsided) trades. Look it up.

And how dare you say that it was a bad move to let Satan and Max go. Those were fantastic moves.

RockStar36
06-14-2010, 11:42 AM

There as another 1st round pick that same draft as Myers that has a good chance of panning out.

JD
06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I think Quinn is the real issue here. He needs to get the **** out. I sense our own Sabres billboard coming sometime during next season calling:

"Will the real Tom Golisano, please stand up? We have a problem here."

Nighthawk
06-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Quinn is the biggest problem, but people shouldn't just give Regier a pass. He falls too much in love with his average players and he believes he knows how to build a champion and the fact is, he doesn't. As soon as he realizes what he's been doing won't get a championship, the sooner this team will start to progress.

RockStar36
06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Quinn is the biggest problem, but people shouldn't just give Regier a pass. He falls too much in love with his average players and he believes he knows how to build a champion and the fact is, he doesn't. As soon as he realizes what he's been doing won't get a championship, the sooner this team will start to progress.

He doesn't get a pass from everyone, but it's a far stretch to call him the worst GM in professional sports right now. I can think of tons that are way worse.

DMBcrew36
06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
I had to one-star this turd

Wolffman
06-14-2010, 06:09 PM
How was Barnaby a great player?

This team lost its core 3 years ago and had to build around a bunch of low-20s underachievers. We just won our division. Ask the Maple Leafs or Islanders how easy it is to do that.

G Wolly
06-15-2010, 10:01 AM
How was Barnaby a great player?

He scored an OT Playoff goal. He was one of my favorites as a kid. He always worked hard and always got under the other team's skin, and he put up a goal every once in awhile.

I watched a game from 05-06 night on NHL Network, Eastern Quarters Philly vs Buffalo game 1 (aka the Umberger hit game).

Anyways, as I watched it, I'm not sure if it's such a good thing that aside from about 8 players we have the exact same team out there.

Drury Briere Campbell Kotalik Kalinin Afinogenov Dumont McKee

OpIv37
06-17-2010, 12:16 PM
He scored an OT Playoff goal. He was one of my favorites as a kid. He always worked hard and always got under the other team's skin, and he put up a goal every once in awhile.

I watched a game from 05-06 night on NHL Network, Eastern Quarters Philly vs Buffalo game 1 (aka the Umberger hit game).

Anyways, as I watched it, I'm not sure if it's such a good thing that aside from about 8 players we have the exact same team out there.

Drury Briere Campbell Kotalik Kalinin Afinogenov Dumont McKee

Other than Kalinin and Afinogenov, I get the feeling that we let the wrong guys walk.... the only advantage we have now over that group is youth.

mchurchfie
06-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Two out of about twenty isn't bad I guess.

SabreEleven
06-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Other than Kalinin and Afinogenov, I get the feeling that we let the wrong guys walk.... the only advantage we have now over that group is youth.

So there is still time for thier balls to drop?

OpIv37
06-17-2010, 01:56 PM
So there is still time for thier balls to drop?

nah, they don't even have balls. Buffalo's a small market and players with balls are too expensive.

SkateZilla
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM
in retrospect, he also traded for some of those players, briere and drury off the top of my head.

RockStar36
06-17-2010, 02:58 PM
in retrospect, he also traded for some of those players, briere and drury off the top of my head.

Off the top of your head, already mentioned earlier in this thread, same thing.

SkateZilla
06-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Im slow.

SabreEleven
06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Im slow.

Don't over-estimate yourself