• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Where does Spiller rank?

I was talking with my buddy, a Giants fan (I know I know, they're just everywhere here in Albany), and he was asking me what our expectations were for CJ Spiller. I thought it was a pretty valid question, and thought I'd get an idea of what everyone thinks of Spiller. He obviously has oodles of potential, but would you rank him in the top 30 RBs in the NFL yet? Top 40? Top 20 maybe? Just seeing what you guys think!

• ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Where does Spiller rank?

Til he hits the field in full pads against a team that wants to win (I.E., regular season) I can't rank him. Potential is the key with Spiller, but he needs to show up on Sundays and prove that potential.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

he's no 1 so far. Once the games starts, it's all up from there.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

A little early to judge, don't you think?

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Yeah, sorry, pinkdogg, it's a little too early. I think we could maybe venture a guess after preseason, but right now it's impossible to say.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• billz83
            • Mar 2010

way too early i jus hope he doesnt FLOP and sumhow become a bust..this is buffalo so itz possible.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

Number one in my heart!
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by psubills62
                Yeah, sorry, pinkdogg, it's a little too early. I think we could maybe venture a guess after preseason, but right now it's impossible to say.
                I know its too early...this was kinda the point of the thread. he was joking with me that we probably thought he was a top 10 back already, before he had even stepped on the field. I was just trying to see what people think he is going to do, ie. if all pans out like we think it will, what kindof player is he going to be? i was just throwing it out there...i didnt even give him an answer myself because i have no idea how good hes gonna be.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Guy doesn't even have an NFL contract yet and we are already trying to rank him against other RBs?

Hurry up offseason and end!!!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Guy doesn't even have an NFL contract yet and we are already trying to rank him against other RBs?

Hurry up offseason and end!!!
                    sorry for offending your delicate sensibilities, was just having a conversation with my friend and he wanted to see how delusional some Bills fans on here were.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                      sorry for offending your delicate sensibilities, was just having a conversation with my friend and he wanted to see how delusional some Bills fans on here were.
                      After the Dick years, I don't think you will find too many delusional Bills fans anymore. Granted there are still a VERY FEW that think Trent can play QB.

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
                        • Jan 2010

i would rate him in the top 3 in speed, and top 3 in this years rookie class in potential, but u can't really rate anything else till after the season ends
                        “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• bosshogg21
                          • Aug 2007

There's no way to tell because there is no way to tell how many carries he will get. I envision him having a Percy Harvin type of season for a rookie. I know he could carry the load but you know Jackson is carrying it at least 10 times a game, and if lynch is still here he will be getting the goal line carries so his stats might not show truly what he does on the field. I will tell you this though...if they let him return kicks and punts he could be the next Hester in the return game.
                          Last edited by bosshogg21; 06-14-2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                            I know its too early...this was kinda the point of the thread. he was joking with me that we probably thought he was a top 10 back already, before he had even stepped on the field. I was just trying to see what people think he is going to do, ie. if all pans out like we think it will, what kindof player is he going to be? i was just throwing it out there...i didnt even give him an answer myself because i have no idea how good hes gonna be.
                            When worded THAT way, if he truly does pan out, he could be the jack of all trades back we havent had since Thurm. He's shifty, fast, can catch, and doesn't dance in the hole.

If he pans out and the line is half decent? Top 15 back in the league his rookie year.
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                              Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                              • Dec 2005

As far as potential he is top 5. But like everyone else here it's to early to tell.

If you're asking what we expect from him if he pans out thats simple. Thurman type numbers. But again he needs to sign a contract and play when it counts before we can put him in any class.

Comment

Working...
                              X