X-Era
06-14-2010, 04:57 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/170006/Marcell_Dareus_FIU_2.jpg
http://www.walterfootball.com/college/Alabama_logo.gif Marcell Dareus*, Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 306.
Projected 40 Time: 4.90.
Projected Round (2011):

Career Stats:
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">YEAR</td><td>TOT</td> <td>SOLO</td> <td>AST</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>STF</td> <td>STFY</td> <td>FF</td> <td>BK</td> <td>INT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>AVG</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>PD</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2009</td> <td>33</td> <td>19</td> <td>14</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>28</td> <td>28.0</td> <td>28</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td></tr></tbody></table> 2008 4 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>Preseason Comments:

7/22/2010- Declared ineligible while an investigation is going on. He is being investigated on grounds that he attended an agents party. Source: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/07/alabamas-marcel-dareus-the-latest-to-be-investigated-for-possible-illegal-benefits/1

Comments:

9/28/2010- vs. Arkansas

1st Qtr:
14:52- Blows through the G and rushes toward Mallett. Quick and disruptive.
10:18- Very disruptive even in this play where he was double teamed. He's very quick.
6:05- Leveled and pushed way back in this play.
3:01- Double teamed, keeps driving and collapses the pocket helmet even gets blown off.
2:25- The kind of guy who will simply cause hurried throws through his disruption.
2:19- Not a great job wrapping... the RB blew through him.

I only watched a bit of Dareus and was very impressed. He's a relentless pocket collapser with great motor, push, and strength. Hes very nimble and quick for a man his size. He looks plenty big enough to handle the NT role in a 3-4.

Links:
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dareus_marcel00.html
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/330218-alabamas-marcel-dareus-wont-be-taken-for-granted-anymore
http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=3004882

X-Era
09-29-2010, 06:35 PM
updated

DesertFox24
10-04-2010, 06:41 AM
He is a 5 technique all the way.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I love this guy, he's a rare type of 5 tech.

X-Era
11-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Here's the thing.

If you think he can play NT, drafting him means we wasted our 2nd rounder on Troup, and that we want Kyle Williams to potentially get benched. I'm not sure I would say that.

If you think he's a 3-4 DE. Id offer this, Stroud and Dwan Edwards may be two of our best players on the whole defense. Yes, you can never have enough good D linemen... but should we spend our top pick, a very high pick, on this guy and potentially bench one of our top players on defense?

I'm not saying we shouldn't, only that it may not be as big of a need as other areas.

With that high of a pick, it's about most bang for the buck.

tampabay25690
11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Dareus reminds me of TROUP in a way

NOT THE DUDE...
12-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Here's the thing.

If you think he can play NT, drafting him means we wasted our 2nd rounder on Troup, and that we want Kyle Williams to potentially get benched. I'm not sure I would say that.

If you think he's a 3-4 DE. Id offer this, Stroud and Dwan Edwards may be two of our best players on the whole defense. Yes, you can never have enough good D linemen... but should we spend our top pick, a very high pick, on this guy and potentially bench one of our top players on defense?

I'm not saying we shouldn't, only that it may not be as big of a need as other areas.

With that high of a pick, it's about most bang for the buck.

stroud is done after this year as are spencer johnson and mccargo, we need 2 new 34 de...

X-Era
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Dareus reminds me of TROUP in a wayI like Dareus's tenacity and motor better than Troup's. I think he may have better success shedding blocks which is probably our number one issue with our run defense. We should really place an emphasis on getting guys that can get off blocks in this draft. Marcel could be that type of player.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-02-2011, 03:31 AM
im willing to bet that k williams moves to de and the bills sign paul soliai and draft dareus....

kyle williams/ dwan edwards
paul soliai/ torell troup
marcell dareus/ alex carrington

JCBills
01-02-2011, 03:43 AM
I like Dareus's tenacity and motor better than Troup's. I think he may have better success shedding blocks which is probably our number one issue with our run defense. We should really place an emphasis on getting guys that can get off blocks in this draft. Marcel could be that type of player.

All we need Troup to do is eat blocks, shedding is a bonus. K Williams sheds pretty damn well. We need our 5 techs to be a balance of the two, or at least one of the 5 techs should be.

tampabay25690
01-02-2011, 08:14 AM
I like Dareus's tenacity and motor better than Troup's. I think he may have better success shedding blocks which is probably our number one issue with our run defense. We should really place an emphasis on getting guys that can get off blocks in this draft. Marcel could be that type of player.

I think Dareus has a edge just playing in the SEC game after game compared to Troup playing in Conference USA...I just think Troup will be that much better next year going into 2011.....Dareus is a better player no doubt.......

k-oneputt
01-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I think Dareus has a edge just playing in the SEC game after game compared to Troup playing in Conference USA...I just think Troup will be that much better next year going into 2011.....Dareus is a better player no doubt.......

Of course Dareus has the edge. I don't care what any scout say's, the competion level you play every week makes a difference. dareus can step right in. We are still waiting on Troup and Carrington and one of the big reasons is the huge step up in talent.