• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

OTA News: Week 4

Voluntary OTAs
    Tues. Jun. 15 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm
    Wed. Jun. 16 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm (Coach Gailey speaks)
    Thurs. Jun. 17 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm

Mon. Jun. 21 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm
    Tues. Jun. 22 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm

Mandatory minicamp
    Wed. Jun. 23 – 10:55 am – 12:15 pm; 3:35 – 5:15 pm (Coach Gailey speaks)
    Thurs. Jun. 24 - 10:55 am – 12:15 pm; 3:35 – 5:15 pm
    Fri. Jun. 25 - 10:55 am – 12:15 pm; 3:35 – 5:15 pm

Last edited by madness; 06-15-2010, 09:12 AM. Reason: Title Change
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Report: Lynch will practice today

I'm not holding my breath.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: Report: Lynch will practice today

Hold on to him unless we have a good offer, a 3rd or a player.

Can't have too much insurance these days.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Re: OTA News: Week 4

Report: Lynch will practice today
        By Tim Graham

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch finally will take part in a voluntary workout Tuesday.

Schefter cites someone who has spoken to Lynch. Not sure how reliable that is. In a story dated May 23, Yahoo! Sports writer Michael Silver quoted Lynch as saying he would show up to practice "sometime within the next week." The closest he has come is to show up at One Bills Drive to lift weights, and he avoided new head coach Chan Gailey.

Lynch has been posturing for a trade, and maybe he's hopeful Jason La Canfora's report on NFL.com is true. La Canfora blogged the Seattle Seahawks are interested in trading for the two-time 1,000-yard rusher.

Or maybe what the Bills have said all along about wanting to keep Lynch on the roster is accurate, and he's resigned to that fact.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Change not big for linemen

By Chris Brown - Posted June 14, 2010 – 12:03 pm
          Bills OT Jamon Meredith, who is currently manning the starting left tackle spot in spring practices, says the techniques being taught now aren’t much different from what he was being drilled on last year.
          At times blocking techniques can have different schools of thought and thus are coached differently from coach to coach. But Meredith doesn’t see a big difference from last year.
          “Not much of a change,” he said. ”Everybody pretty much teaches the same stuff, but a few coaches specialize with a few different things, but a lot of it is similar mentalities.”
          Knowing it’s one less thing that’s completely new is likely refreshing to a group of linemen that are getting accustomed to a new offensive scheme with new terminology as well as the cadence of four different

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Report: Seahawks have interest in Lynch

By Chris Brown - Posted June 14, 2010 – 1:06 pm
            According to NFL Network reporter Jason LaCanfora, the Seahawks are still interested in Marshawn Lynch.
            UPDATE: LaCanfora reports that at least a fourth-round pick could’ve been had for Lynch’s services.
            Here was LaCanfora’s initial twitter post on the subject.
            JasonLaCanfora Seahawks remain quite interested in Marshawn Lynch should Bills opt to deal him. Would make sense. More upcoming on NFL.com and NFLNetwork.
            Reports that there is interest on behalf of Seattle is anything but surprising. They acquired Lendale White as part of a draft day trade and then released him a month later as his level of commitment was questioned. With Leon Washington coming off a major leg injury and Julius Jones the only other proven back on the roster, you could see how they might be interested in a player of Lynch’s caliber.
            Of course head coach Pete Carroll remembers how Lynch routinely carved up Pac-10 defenses and the Seahawks are reportedly employing a similar zone blocking scheme to the one used at Cal. The only question is the compensation willing to be offered, if it even gets that far.

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Lynch take 2

By Chris Brown - Posted June 15, 2010 – 8:50 am
              According to a report from ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Bills RB Marshawn Lynch will take part in OTAs for the first time today at One Bills Drive.
              Schefter reported that Lynch is back in Buffalo and is expected to practice.
              We’ll have exclusive video coverage of practice here at One Bills Drive. Just be sure to check the media lounge at Buffalobills.com later today. OTA practice here on Tuesday is scheduled to begin at 12:05 pm.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Gaither called a “drama king”

By Chris Brown - Posted June 15, 2010 – 9:08 am
                A lot of Bills fans desperate for finding a long term answer to the team’s left tackle position have pointed to Ravens young OT Jared Gaither, who has reportedly been on the trading block. Shedding some light on just what kind of player an NFL club would be getting in Gaither is Baltimore Sun columnist Mike Preston.
                Preston labels Gaither a “drama king” as he lists how the 24-year old tackle blessed with talent and promise, doesn’t maximize that ability on the field and appears to lack the same work ethic as his teammates. That’s why no team is offering the Ravens anything substantial to acquire him.

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

OTA - Day 10 - Lynch practicing

By Chris Brown, Lead Journalist
                  Posted 7 minutes ago
                  The much anticipated spring debut of Marshawn Lynch on the practice field took place Tuesday afternoon as the Bills running back participated for the first time with his teammates. For Lynch it’s the first time he’s been exposed to Buffalo’s new offensive system on the field under new head coach Chan Gailey.

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

DNelson83
                    Solid day @ practice today. M Lynch was back out there & looked GOOD. We have a 3 headed monster out there w lynch, Jackson & @Lightning28

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Teammates excited Lynch back

By Chris Brown - Posted June 15, 2010 – 1:06 pm
                      Bills players were intrigued to finally see the three running back attack in their offensive backfield Tuesday as Marshawn Lynch was practicing for the first time.

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

LeviBrown10
                        Threw my first INT today as a Bill. What an exciting event!!! Haha

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Lynch asked pointed questions

By Chris Brown - Posted June 15, 2010 – 1:23 pm
                          Bills RB Marshawn Lynch was asked if he still wants to be in Buffalo following his first day on the practice field this spring.
                          “I’d like to play football, whether it’s here or whether it’s somewhere else as long as I get to play football I’m feeling great,” said Lynch.
                          He was also asked if he feels he can ever get a fair shake in Buffalo again. Here was his response to that question.
                          “I would like for it to be that, but we live in a world where people are going to make up their mind and they have their opinions,” said Lynch. “Take your opinion, take it how you want to, but I’m going to be me whether you like it or not. You can say that you don’t like me from a distance. Most people that interact with me have a different feel. I take it with a grain of salt. As long as I get a fair shake inside these lines that’s all I’m really worried about.”
                          Finally he was asked if he expressed a desire to be traded to the club and here was that response.
                          “There wasn’t no expression, but with the way that things were looking, it looked like it was a possibility,” Lynch said. ”If it would’ve happened, it would’ve happened. If it didn’t, I’m back and I’m here to practice.”

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Adam_Schefter
                            Lynch told Gailey, "Let’s get this thing rolling. Well, they already had it rolling, but let me come add my wheel to it."

Comment

• methos4ever
                              • Apr 2004

Thanks Madness, for all the posts!

Comment

Working...
                              X