X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Rian Lindell

One thing that hasn't been discussed for quite some time is how Rian Lindell will do this season. I haven't heard how he's doing in camp, and while the defense has been shored up the Bills are banking on a new kicker. He kicked on fieldturf in Seattle which I believe is simialr to the new turf in RWS. One interesting stat is he accuracy form dfferent positions on the field.

Scroll down and take a look. He seems to be good from the middle but has trouble from the sides.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

The guy is money is clutch situations. Kicking is one of those things thats hard to judge in practice situations. It isn't till there is the pressure of game day that you really find out anything about the kicker.

I was looking at Rian Lindell's stats and saw that last season he was 10/10 in field goals in the second half of games. He was 1/1 in OT. He was 3/3 in the 4th quarter when the difference in score between the 2 teams was 3 points or less. That is 100 fg% in clutch situations. That is phenominal and exactly what I like
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Bert102176
      • Aug 2002

I like that we signed him
      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Throne Logic
        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
        • Aug 2002

237lbs? Wow. That's a big kicker. No Reggie Roby, but still.

Can he tackle?
        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Throne Logic
          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
          • Aug 2002

Guess not. He was not credited with any tackles. But Jeff Feagles had one!
          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

Interesting info, 22/22 from the middle and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the sides :) Maybe we will see the old Bledsoe taking a snap and diving towards the middle of the field to give him a chance from the center. I do like Lindell though, he should do well for us.

GO BILLS!!!

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

I was reading the "Pro Football" Mid season magazine (i think thats what it is..... anyways, it grades teams so far after the draft and makes early predictions for next season. One of the comments it says Donahoe did really well this off-season was replaceing Hollis with Lindell. I guess it ranked Lindell like11th best kicker in the league and Hollis like 18th.

To be honest i didn't really like Hollis though. He was awsome in the warm weather but when it started to get cold he started to be off his game. I wouldn't trust Hollis in the playoffs when its cold and i am gonna guess if the Giants make the playoffs they will hate Hollis after he misses few kicks in the playoffs.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                • Mar 2003

He was clutch tho ......that vikings game 54 yards out one of those kicks i will remember (since i was at work) crazy game

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                  The guy is money is clutch situations. Kicking is one of those things thats hard to judge in practice situations. It isn't till there is the pressure of game day that you really find out anything about the kicker.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ghlight=clutch
                  Nice analysis Romes!!

Yeah, that's the way you have to look at it. I won't throw out the "counter example" for this, , but it's far more important what a player does when the game is on the line than what he does when your up or down by a spread that isn't going to be overcome.

We'll see. I thought Hollis played well last year, but certainly not exceptionally.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I like the fact that Lindell has a much stronger leg on kickoffs than Hollis. Should help KO coverage.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Winfield_26
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Lindell has been a clutch kicker in Seatlle and would be better known had Seattle provided him with more chances to win.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                        • Jul 2002

Indeed, good points. I'd like to see his stats on his missed FGs. Perhaps the team was way down or the game was not winable. Often those things affect team/individual performances. If the momentum was bad and the team was down, which was likely in Seattle, then who knows, maybe that was contagious at least on occasions.

Reimers, yeah, that should definitely help and that's the single biggest plus that I'm lookin' for from him.
                        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Doc
                          • Dec 2002

Lindell missed what, a couple kicks from either side of the field? Hardly a damning stat, but certainly something that bears watching.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                            • Aug 2002

It seems he's 5-9 (0-3 between 30-50, 0-2 from the right when behind and 18-20 when ahead. Overall he's, 22-22 from the middle, and 0-5 from the RT and LT combined. Somewhere the stat page is missing 3 FGA (1-2) or I'm reading it wrong because they have him 23-29 for the year.
                            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Doc
                              • Dec 2002

Actually they missed 2 kicks, one that he made from 20-29 yards, and one that he missed from beyond 50 yards. It would have been nice to know it the made kick was from somewhere but the middle, whereas the 50+ yard kick percentage doesn't bother me so much, no matter what side it's from.

Comment

Working...
                              X