• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

On Marshawn Lynch...

I have been one of his biggest fans since before he was a Bill. I watched him at Cal, I wanted us to land him, and was ecstatic when we did.

Ive been behind him as a football player the entire time. I truly felt like I hadn't seen the attitude that he brings to the football field on every play since Kelly. I honestly felt like he was one of my favorite players on the Bills since the SB days.

After both his run-ins, I realized he was probably just immature and needed to simply grow up.

However, at todays press conference, I saw a guy that I don't want on this team. He acted like an arrogant thug. He clearly has little interest in playing in Buffalo and representing this blue-collar city, and small market team. Its a new team with a new HC who likes to run the ball. You would think any running back with as much supposed fire in his belly as Marshawn would seize the chance. Instead, he acts like a whiny baby. And worse, and arrogant, whiny baby.

Spiller has more potential than Marshawn did at this point. Freddy just manages to get it done. We are just fine with just them and don't need the poor attitude or approach to the new team that ThugMode brings. I'm just about done with Lynch's act. Trade his ass for something we can use like a LT or a pick.

I will hold out some amount of hope that he can turn himself around and become what we wish for... but that hope is virtually gone.

• buffalobillsfan95
    • Jan 2010

Re: On Marshawn Lynch...

the worse thing is that most of us on the board has a lynch jersey
    “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
      • Jan 2010

I couldn't agree more. That conference was disgusting.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by buffalobillsfan95
        the worse thing is that most of us on the board has a lynch jersey
        No, I don't!
        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I just watched and came away with a completely different opinion of the press conference, I didnt much thuggery at all in that.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

I think Lynch is listening to his agent too much. I think Lynch just wants to play some football but his confidence seems to be a little shot with being suspended and the drafting of Spiller. I am hoping that a veteran can pull him aside and let him know that Lynch is a damn good RB and we didn't draft Spiller with the intention of dumping Lynch. If anything, Spiller could replace Jackson in another season or two. Jackson hits 30 soon, and we know what that means for NFL RBs. I know he doesn't have all the wear and tear like most his age, but the point is moot.

If Lynch gets his act together and runs like he did when he first got here, he and Spiller could be deadly.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              I just watched and came away with a completely different opinion of the press conference, I didnt much thuggery at all in that.
              I agree... He may not necessarily see a way of reversing things in Buffalo... But he loves the game and that PC showed it. The hole he's dug is just about too deep... But I've climbed out of a few deep holes myself.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

The guy wants his chances to run the ball. Last year he got his starting gig taken away from him, but he didn't pout or create a problem. With the drafting of Spiller, he knows that carries will be even harder to come by, and is trying to make the best of the situation. But it's clear he's not unwilling to go elsewhere to play. Although I think you can say that about most Bills players.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

“I would like for it to be that, but we live in a world where people are going to make up their mind and they have their opinions,” said Lynch. “Take your opinion, take it how you want to, but I’m going to be me whether you like it or not..."

Id like Lynch to be humble, accepting that he has made significant mistakes. Id like him to be a guy who was as eager as can be to get in and learn the playbook and who seizes the chance to be the starter... a guy who's excited about what the team could become and what his role could be.

Instead he stays away this whole time, and when he does show up, he basically tells us all to go stick it.

On a new team, with a new HC, coming off a sub-par year, and with multiple off-season mistakes? No thanks. He should have left and came back with a whole new attitude.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                    Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                    • Dec 2005

Lynch has been a product of his on hype since he got to the NFL.

BEAST MODE MY ASS!

If he is such a beast then why is he not in the same class as Adrian Peterson? Oh that's right because he is all hype. And don't give me that Offensive Line excuse. Jackson got a grand last season and Lynch did the year before and lost his job last season because he didn't produce.

Comment

• methos4ever
                      • Apr 2004

I think we can agree to disagree. To me, my opinion as a fan really means nothing toward him - however, the fact that 2 guys off-camera (one being fred if I recognized the voice) and Mitchell coming on-camera to kiss him on the cheek tells me that as fans we may not like it, but he is a guy a lot of the players look to and look forward to playing with.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by methos4ever
                        I think we can agree to disagree. To me, my opinion as a fan really means nothing toward him - however, the fact that 2 guys off-camera (one being fred if I recognized the voice) and Mitchell coming on-camera to kiss him on the cheek tells me that as fans we may not like it, but he is a guy a lot of the players look to and look forward to playing with.
                        Yep, the players love him, even his main competitor, Fred Jackson. So he's not a divisive force, and on the contrary, players see him as an asset.

Frankly the off-field stuff has been blown out of proportion. I really don't give a you-know-what about the gun in the trunk of his car, and I find it ironic that his car was searched because he allegedly (never proven and hasn't failed a drug test that we know of) had pot, in a state that is on the verge of legalizing marijuana. And on a side note, if Cali does end up legalizing it, does that mean the NFL has to accept that and drop it from the banned substances list?

And as for the "hit and run," he was in a no-win situation, outside of admitting guilt. But there was/is NO evidence he knew he hit her, or even that he was drinking that night. But to most it doesn't matter.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          I'm with you on that.

I guess people are pissed off at him that we try to find something wrong in what was said.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Lynch is a dime a dozen type running back.

He's been nothing special his whole career.

He lacks vision, burst, stamina, and runs to contact, which leads to injuries.

Comment

• TMu11
                              • Mar 2010

I've hated Lynch since I met him a few years ago. I don't plan on wavering from my position either, especially with recent events
                              After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

Working...
                              X