PDA

View Full Version : Any update on the QBs?

BillsWin
06-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Rotation wise, who looked good, who did what today, stuff like that.

My lap top is being fixed and Im using my phone, so I cant watch the highlights and all Im reading is Lynch this, Lynch that.

So what's going on?

Yasgur's Farm
06-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Not much to see from the daily video... Looked like D-backs had quite a few break-ups... McGee had an INT off the rookie.

BillsWin
06-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Not much to see from the daily video... Looked like D-backs had quite a few break-ups... McGee had an INT off the rookie.

Yeah, Levi tweeted that he threw his first INT as a buffalo bill today.

YardRat
06-15-2010, 08:36 PM
My source says there are still four on the roster.

psubills62
06-15-2010, 08:42 PM

Does that include Roscoe Parrish?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-15-2010, 09:00 PM
my sources say we have no QBs

Nighthawk
06-15-2010, 09:09 PM

Sounds like a solid source...must be Pat!

patmoran2006
06-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I can tell you.

Honestly, and this is dead honest.. NONE of them have looked good.. I think Edwards would start tomorrow, by default.

Brohm, for his arm-strength and all, has looked like Kelly Holcomb so far this spring.. Maybe its the very vanilla pass play calls, I dunno.

I think Fitz is going to be the odd man out when its all said and done, unless Brohm really struggles in the preseason. Brown will be the 3rd QB or PS and move onto roster with an injury.

But regardless of who's throwing the ball, I really hope its too Easley.. Im telling you guys man-- this guy is going to be GOOD, just something about him I cant explain but I really like a lot.

PromoTheRobot
06-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I can tell you.

Honestly, and this is dead honest.. NONE of them have looked good.. I think Edwards would start tomorrow, by default.

Brohm, for his arm-strength and all, has looked like Kelly Holcomb so far this spring.. Maybe its the very vanilla pass play calls, I dunno.

I think Fitz is going to be the odd man out when its all said and done, unless Brohm really struggles in the preseason. Brown will be the 3rd QB or PS and move onto roster with an injury.

But regardless of who's throwing the ball, I really hope its too Easley.. Im telling you guys man-- this guy is going to be GOOD, just something about him I cant explain but I really like a lot.

Considering your contempt for this team I have a hard time believing this. Confirm for me that you are live at practices and seeing this first hand and not just going by what you see in a few video clips and hear second-hand.

PTR

Goobylal
06-15-2010, 10:12 PM
I can tell you.

I have a feeling about Easley as well. As for the QB's, new offense to learn and practicing against a 3-4, which was a problem for them. Give it time.

NorthCarBills
06-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Joe Logan predicts that one of the three or four in camp will be named the starter at some point.

BillsWin
06-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Hey Pat, about Brohm. All I've heard is that is arm strength is good, its his accuracy that needs work.

Are you at the practices?

kishoph
06-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Joe Logan predicts that one of the three or four in camp will be named the starter at some point.

Do you have a link ?

only joking :brace:

mybills
06-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Pat has contempt for this team? :huh:

madness
06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Positions aren't won and lost in OTA's. I think you'll start seeing some separation once the pads are on and they finally have a feel for running this offense.

PromoTheRobot
06-16-2010, 09:29 AM
So Pat, you never answered my question. Is your assessment of the Bills QB situation based on you actually being at OTA's? Note I said "OTA's", not five minutes of one OTA a month ago. I just want to know how much actual first-hand knowledge goes into one of your blanket indictments of this team. I have a suspicion that it's not much, if any at all.

PTR

patmoran2006
06-16-2010, 09:33 AM
So Pat, you never answered my question. Is your assessment of the Bills QB situation based on you actually being at OTA's? Note I said "OTA's", not five minutes of one OTA a month ago. I just want to know how much actual first-hand knowledge goes into one of your blanket indictments of this team. I have a suspicion that it's not much, if any at all.

PTR

yer suspicion is mostly wrong. . I have not seen as much as a lot of the others, but I have been there, not just watching three minutes of highlights. I dont know if you're asking a legit question or just trying to drag me into something else, but whether you choose to accept it or not I am an accredited member of the Buffalo media.

However, unlike the big guns of the local media like Gaughan, Graham, Wilson and Paul Hamilton.. I don't cover the Bills regularly. I have to take on the responsibility of finding Buffalo sports news in general (hs, college, bisons, etc) and not just the Bills, so I am not around as much as those guys, though there are a few guys I do talk to on an everyday basis to get more insight into what I do not see.

And to be honest, and I did emphasize the point to begin with, there is very little stock to put into a OTA. 40% of the Bills OL hasnt taken an OTA snap yet, and as I said, I'm pretty sure that the plays they run in the passing game are EXTREMELY vanilla right now.. Dont see much other than a lot of crossing patterns.

Having said that, from what I've seen and been told, Edwards is likely in the lead, but that's not saying a lot either.

PromoTheRobot
06-16-2010, 10:12 AM
yer suspicion is mostly wrong. . I have not seen as much as a lot of the others, but I have been there, not just watching three minutes of highlights. I dont know if you're asking a legit question or just trying to drag me into something else, but whether you choose to accept it or not I am an accredited member of the Buffalo media.

However, unlike the big guns of the local media like Gaughan, Graham, Wilson and Paul Hamilton.. I don't cover the Bills regularly. I have to take on the responsibility of finding Buffalo sports news in general (hs, college, bisons, etc) and not just the Bills, so I am not around as much as those guys, though there are a few guys I do talk to on an everyday basis to get more insight into what I do not see.

And to be honest, and I did emphasize the point to begin with, there is very little stock to put into a OTA. 40% of the Bills OL hasnt taken an OTA snap yet, and as I said, I'm pretty sure that the plays they run in the passing game are EXTREMELY vanilla right now.. Dont see much other than a lot of crossing patterns.

Having said that, from what I've seen and been told, Edwards is likely in the lead, but that's not saying a lot either.

Pat, it's true that I ride you pretty hard. The reason for that is if you are a member of the legitimate sports media, you do not carry yourself in a manner a professional sports journalist should. What do I mean? Well, your old "Ralph as Scrooge" avatar for one. What that tells me is you have an agenda. Journalists with agendas are not to be trusted.

Now here is what you wrote on post #8 of this thread:

"I can tell you. Honestly, and this is dead honest.. NONE of them have looked good.. I think Edwards would start tomorrow, by default. Brohm, for his arm-strength and all, has looked like Kelly Holcomb so far this spring.. Maybe its the very vanilla pass play calls, I dunno. I think Fitz is going to be the odd man out when its all said and done, unless Brohm really struggles in the preseason. Brown will be the 3rd QB or PS and move onto roster with an injury."

These are your words. You even declare your honesty twice that NONE of the QBs look good. None of them. Nothing vague there. You say they all suck.

So here I am reading your statement and I'm thinking "Pat has had a bug up his a$$ for the Bills for some time. I wonder if what he says is true or just him shoveling more crap?" So that is why I asked you to tell me what you based your opinion on.

So now that you have finally answered me, you say that yes you have seen the Bills live for more than 3 minutes, but not as much as the so-called "big guns". But you never say how much you've seen them. 4 minutes? 4 hours? 4 days? You unequivocally throw the Bills QB squad under the bus but you are evasive on how much actual time you've spent watching them in OTA's.

And now you are backpedaling on your statement by saying you don't put much stock OTA's blah blah blah. Funny, that isn't what you said in post #8 when you said "none of them have looked good!"

You don't know about my background, Pat, but I worked in the broadcasting business for 30 years before starting my own company. I also know that you can walk into an office, pay a fee, get a credential, and VOILA! you are an accredited member of the press. It ain't that hard.

But it's also obvious to me that you have a passion for sports journalism. So don't take my criticism too personally. If you worked for me I would ride you just as hard. Not to be an a--hole but to make you think about what you write.

I don't know if you ever took any journalism course but there is more to the job than venting your spleen. Hacks like Jerry Sullivan set a bad example. I'm sure Jerry was once a great reporter, but once you get to a certain point you start to mail it in.

If I could make one suggestion it's stop reporting what reporters say and get your own news. Get your own interviews, ask your own questions. Give people a fresh perspective on a story. Don't recycle other people's crap.

PTR

patmoran2006
06-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Pat, it's true that I ride you pretty hard. The reason for that is if you are a member of the legitimate sports media, you do not carry yourself in a manner a professional sports journalist should. What do I mean? Well, your old "Ralph as Scrooge" avatar for one. What that tells me is you have an agenda. Journalists with agendas are not to be trusted.

Now here is what you wrote on post #8 of this thread:

"I can tell you. Honestly, and this is dead honest.. NONE of them have looked good.. I think Edwards would start tomorrow, by default. Brohm, for his arm-strength and all, has looked like Kelly Holcomb so far this spring.. Maybe its the very vanilla pass play calls, I dunno. I think Fitz is going to be the odd man out when its all said and done, unless Brohm really struggles in the preseason. Brown will be the 3rd QB or PS and move onto roster with an injury."

These are your words. You even declare your honesty twice that NONE of the QBs look good. None of them. Nothing vague there. You say they all suck.

So here I am reading your statement and I'm thinking "Pat has had a bug up his a$$ for the Bills for some time. I wonder if what he says is true or just him shoveling more crap?" So that is why I asked you to tell me what you based your opinion on.

So now that you have finally answered me, you say that yes you have seen the Bills live for more than 3 minutes, but not as much as the so-called "big guns". But you never say how much you've seen them. 4 minutes? 4 hours? 4 days? You unequivocally throw the Bills QB squad under the bus but you are evasive on how much actual time you've spent watching them in OTA's.

And now you are backpedaling on your statement by saying you don't put much stock OTA's blah blah blah. Funny, that isn't what you said in post #8 when you said "none of them have looked good!"

You don't know about my background, Pat, but I worked in the broadcasting business for 30 years before starting my own company. I also know that you can walk into an office, pay a fee, get a credential, and VOILA! you are an accredited member of the press. It ain't that hard.

But it's also obvious to me that you have a passion for sports journalism. So don't take my criticism too personally. If you worked for me I would ride you just as hard. Not to be an a--hole but to make you think about what you write.

I don't know if you ever took any journalism course but there is more to the job than venting your spleen. Hacks like Jerry Sullivan set a bad example. I'm sure Jerry was once a great reporter, but once you get to a certain point you start to mail it in.

If I could make one suggestion it's stop reporting what reporters say and get your own news. Get your own interviews, ask your own questions. Give people a fresh perspective on a story. Don't recycle other people's crap.

PTR

I respect your opinions..

I very rarely hate on the Bills on my pages. . When I do or am frustrated with something, its generally on a message board well because.. this is a message board.. It's basically the only MB that I visit and certainly the only one with regularity.

I dont try to compare myself to anyone in the media, and dont want to.. I am what I am, for better or worse.

Marshawn Lynch is the one exception, everyone else I feel that I keep an open mind about.

As for the QB's Im not dumping on them.. I am just telling what I believe to be true.. I dont think any of them are impressive to me.

Again, I respect what you have to say, and take very little of it personality.. If you can't have thick skin, then you shouldn't put anything out there you want read. Fair enough.