PDA

View Full Version : Where is he now?

Pinkerton Security
06-16-2010, 09:30 AM
I just got a fact on my Bills desk calendar, and it was about Angelo Crowell. I was just wondering, what ever happened to this guy? I remember that he went to Tampa, but when I googled him, he never appeared in any games for them and hasnt played a down since he left the Bills.

I remember that he was a tackling machine for us and I, along with some others, were a little upset that he was not resigned. But it appears that we made the right choice. Did he get injured? Must have had some serious injury because he hasnt played a down in 2 or 3 years.

Just thought I'd post my thoughts since there isnt much going on this time of year.

BillyT92679
06-16-2010, 09:33 AM
didnt he tear an acl or an achilles and never recover?
Mario Haggan ended up doing much better, starting for the Broncos last year

Jan Reimers
06-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Crowell is still with Tampa Bay but was on IR in 2009.

OpIv37
Crow got injured during the 07 season and the injury was still bothering him in training camp during 08. He decided to get surgery on it about a week before the season started. Although some doctors thought he could recover in 6-8 weeks, the Bills got pissed that he waited so long to have the surgery and put him on IR.

At some point during the 08 season, the Bills arrived at an injury settlement with him and released him. That's how he ended up leaving the team. I don't know what happened to him after that.

patmoran2006
he's still on tampa bay. they resigned him quietly.

Jan Reimers
06-16-2010, 09:39 AM
www.nfl.com is a good source for these kind of questions.

Pinkerton Security
06-16-2010, 09:40 AM
www.nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com) is a good source for these kind of questions.

I know...was just trying to get some conversation going that didnt involved whether Marshawn should be here or not.

Jan Reimers
06-16-2010, 09:45 AM
I know...was just trying to get some conversation going that didnt involved whether Marshawn should be here or not.
I hear ya.

patmoran2006
06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Here is a little blog on Angelo.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2010/05/will-bucs-finally-get-something-out-of-angelo-crowell.html

Ron Burgundy
06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Good athlete from a great school. Shame about the injuries.

Pinkerton Security
06-16-2010, 09:56 AM

yeah he was one of my favorite players while on the Bills, he had a nose for the football.

Jan Reimers
06-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I thought he played at the University of Virginia.

justasportsfan
06-16-2010, 10:01 AM
didnt he tear an acl or an achilles and never recover?

that was Sam Cowart.

ServoBillieves
06-16-2010, 10:14 AM
In other news, Alvin Bowen was recently released by the Washington Redskins.

PromoTheRobot
06-16-2010, 10:15 AM
I remember people saying the Bills would regret releasing Crowell.

PTR

OpIv37
06-16-2010, 10:27 AM
that was Sam Cowart.

and Takeo Spikes, although Spikes is still serviceable.

OpIv37
06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Come to think of it, we've had bad luck with LB's over the last decade or so. The FO has made some bad draft picks/FA choices, but 3 that they got right:

Sam Cowart (on his way to becoming a star before a serious injury)
Takeo Spikes (absolutely dominant before a serious injury)
Angelo Crowell (on his way to becoming a star before a serious injury)

And while Poz hasn't quite lived up to the hype, one reason for that is because he had two injuries.

This FO ****s up a lot, but this team can't catch a break even when they get it right.

ZAZusmc03
06-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Come to think of it, we've had bad luck with LB's over the last decade or so. The FO has made some bad draft picks/FA choices, but 3 that they got right:

And while Poz hasn't quite lived up to the hype, one reason for that is because he had two injuries.

This FO ****s up a lot, but this team can't catch a break even when they get it right.

That is the truth. Cowart and Crowell were looking like they could become superstars, and that ended quick. Spikes was working wonders for us as well. It just sucks to see the bills have these players in place that look like they could be great, only to have them get injured.

justasportsfan
06-16-2010, 11:18 AM
MY favorite bills lb'er who's career ended due to injury was Chris Spielman.

OpIv37
06-16-2010, 11:22 AM

yeah he was a beast. So was Bryce Paup. That's what this team is missing right now: a truly intimidating defender like Bruce, Paup, Spielman, Spikes, and to a lesser extent, Bennett, Talley and Sam Adams.

ZAZusmc03
06-16-2010, 11:26 AM
yeah he was a beast. So was Bryce Paup. That's what this team is missing right now: a truly intimidating defender like Bruce, Paup, Spielman, Spikes, and to a lesser extent, Bennett, Talley and Sam Adams.

Again, I couldn't agree more. We don't have a viscious leader that intimidates the other team, and that is never good for a defense.

The last buffalo fan
06-16-2010, 11:41 AM

Didn't he retire to take care of his wife?

Ron Burgundy
06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
I thought he played at the University of Virginia.

Your thought is correct...thus, "great school."

I guess I could have put it in the form of a question: "Angelo Crowell, from the University of Virginia: great school, or greatest school?"

The Jokeman
06-16-2010, 11:48 AM

Damien Covington should also be on the list of LBs who looked like were on their way to being stars before serious injuries too.

justasportsfan
06-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Didn't he retire to take care of his wife?
He tried to come back from the neck injury with the Browns only to get another neck injury.

OpIv37
06-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Your thought is correct...thus, "great school."

I guess I could have put it in the form of a question: "Angelo Crowell, from the University of Virginia: great school, or greatest school?"

Around here, UVA grads have a reputation as being snobs. I've met two UVA grads who fit that description well. However, they are the only two I've ever met, so the sample size is far too small for me to determine if that reputation is justified.

BertSquirtgum
06-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Again, I couldn't agree more. We don't have a viscious leader that intimidates the other team, and that is never good for a defense.

what are you talking about? keith ellison is very intimidating

OpIv37
06-16-2010, 01:32 PM
what are you talking about? keith ellison is very intimidating

that he is- Bills fans get extremely nervous when we see him on the field.

The last buffalo fan
06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
He tried to come back from the neck injury with the Browns only to get another neck injury.

Right! One of my fav players, I got his jersey while he was playing at Cleveland. :up:

Crisis
06-16-2010, 04:55 PM
ugh i miss pre-knee injury spikes, most dominant LBer in the league before that.

Tatonka
06-16-2010, 08:03 PM
great school my ass.

ZAZusmc03
06-16-2010, 08:17 PM
that he is- Bills fans get extremely nervous when we see him on the field.

About the only intimidating thing about him is to bills fans.

chernobylwraiths
06-16-2010, 10:17 PM

Remember Bryce Paup?