X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Awww, man....WGR55 Cans "The Coach" Chuck Dickerson

WGR General Manager Greg Ried called an audible Tuesday and released Chuck Dickerson, aka the Coach, from the radio station's football roster.
    Dickerson, who shared the afternoon time slot with Mike Schopp last season after Schopp moved over from rival sports station WNSA, originally was supposed to take the winter and summer off and return in the fall in time for the National Football League season.

Ried said the station decided against bringing back the Coach and disrupting the afternoon show that has been hosted by Schopp alone since Dickerson left for Florida.

"We really didn't want to alter the programming for four months," Ried said. "You can't find a radio station anywhere in which a host has a partner for four months and the rest of the year doesn't have a partner."

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

the guy knew football but he was an arse as a host.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Thank GAWD!
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I'll miss him! I loved to listen to him as he ripped the Bills apart after a loss. Of course when they win....he has problems trying to fill his airtime. hmmmm, maybe that is why. The Bills are going to be soo good that "The Coach" will have nothing to say.

Comment

• R. Rich
          • Apr 2003

I liked his show, when I could listen to it. I used to listen from 2-6 during the week when I lived in Erie. When I moved to Maryland, I missed the show. Then, when we bought our computer a few years ago, I was able to listen to the show via the internet. Of course, they stopped streaming the show and then I couldn't listen to it again. I hear that the show went downhill after Schopp came on board, so I guess I didn't miss too much. WGR used to have a lot of people I liked on there, now there's only a few and it's been so long since I've listened to them that I don't know for sure who is on and who isn't. I still have Empire and the news I find on the net, so at least there's something.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

It's about :angry: time!!!
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• mvb1781
              Chris Berman's Taxi Driver
              • May 2003

THE COACH WAS THE WORST!! He isnt even a coach anymore so his name is just Chuck. Bye Chuck

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                • Sep 2002

He's the only guy around the dial who knows football. You've got to take the bad with the good sometime.

Comment

• Voltron
                  • Jul 2002

I just thought he was a Jerk. I know he did know football but he was brash and just had nothing ever good to say. It was like giving Wys a radio show

Wys
                  Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                  - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                  -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
                    I just thought he was a Jerk. I know he did know football but he was brash and just had nothing ever good to say. It was like giving Wys a radio show

Wys
                    LOL!!!!

Seriously. He was ok to listen to sometimes but the dude barely had a voice at the end and that was really annoying.

Comment

• kdharge
                      • May 2003

The coach made WGR, he was a pain in the butt with his negative tirades but when it came to Buffalo Bills there was No One who could touch him.Now WGR is just a shell of it self with Mike" I want to hear my self talk" Schoop who doesn't know crap about sports in general The Bills in particular.Coach is getting the last laugh while he gets to keep all of his newly signed contract the Wgr ratings is going into the toilet.Fire that general manager he must be friends with Darcy Reiger.
                      A Nasty Brew is being developed in Buffalo can't wait for the rest of the N.F.L. to Taste.....Bring the Pain

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Nicely put kd! I couldn't agree more.

Coach was the man.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

I guess I should protest WGR getting rid of the worst radio personality on the air while giving him a golden parachute by not listening to station but I quit listening to the station a number of years due to them keeping him on.

Reward them for getting rid of fossil or not reward them for paying him something to do less than nothing. Hard decsion.

Well I will have less arguments now - I used to give a friend a ride to game but refused to allow him to listen to the Clueless Ex-Coach since it was my radio in my car. Now we do not need to argue.

Comment

• Halbert
                            I'm Not Normal
                            • Jul 2002

Uuuuuuh, buh bye.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Maybe you can get him to write for this web site like Art Wonder does? LOL
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X