PDA

View Full Version : Awww, man....WGR55 Cans "The Coach" Chuck Dickerson

Michael82
06-11-2003, 02:34 PM
WGR General Manager Greg Ried called an audible Tuesday and released Chuck Dickerson, aka the Coach, from the radio station's football roster.
Dickerson, who shared the afternoon time slot with Mike Schopp last season after Schopp moved over from rival sports station WNSA, originally was supposed to take the winter and summer off and return in the fall in time for the National Football League season.

Ried said the station decided against bringing back the Coach and disrupting the afternoon show that has been hosted by Schopp alone since Dickerson left for Florida.

"We really didn't want to alter the programming for four months," Ried said. "You can't find a radio station anywhere in which a host has a partner for four months and the rest of the year doesn't have a partner."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030611/1048151.asp?1048151.asp

Ebenezer
06-11-2003, 02:35 PM
:clap:

the guy knew football but he was an arse as a host.

Patrick76777
06-11-2003, 02:36 PM
Thank GAWD!

Michael82
06-11-2003, 02:37 PM
I'll miss him! I loved to listen to him as he ripped the Bills apart after a loss. Of course when they win....he has problems trying to fill his airtime. hmmmm, maybe that is why. The Bills are going to be soo good that "The Coach" will have nothing to say. :snicker:

R. Rich
06-11-2003, 02:50 PM
I liked his show, when I could listen to it. I used to listen from 2-6 during the week when I lived in Erie. When I moved to Maryland, I missed the show. Then, when we bought our computer a few years ago, I was able to listen to the show via the internet. Of course, they stopped streaming the show and then I couldn't listen to it again. I hear that the show went downhill after Schopp came on board, so I guess I didn't miss too much. WGR used to have a lot of people I liked on there, now there's only a few and it's been so long since I've listened to them that I don't know for sure who is on and who isn't. I still have Empire and the news I find on the net, so at least there's something.

The_Philster
06-11-2003, 03:40 PM
It's about :angry: time!!!

mvb1781
06-11-2003, 04:18 PM
THE COACH WAS THE WORST!! He isnt even a coach anymore so his name is just Chuck. Bye Chuck

Lone Stranger
06-11-2003, 05:17 PM
He's the only guy around the dial who knows football. You've got to take the bad with the good sometime.

Voltron
06-11-2003, 05:23 PM
I just thought he was a Jerk. I know he did know football but he was brash and just had nothing ever good to say. It was like giving Wys a radio show :D

:jk: Wys

THATHURMANATOR
06-11-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
I just thought he was a Jerk. I know he did know football but he was brash and just had nothing ever good to say. It was like giving Wys a radio show :D

:jk: Wys

LOL!!!!

Seriously. He was ok to listen to sometimes but the dude barely had a voice at the end and that was really annoying.

kdharge
06-11-2003, 05:42 PM
:shutit: The coach made WGR, he was a pain in the butt with his negative tirades but when it came to Buffalo Bills there was No One who could touch him.Now WGR is just a shell of it self with Mike" I want to hear my self talk" Schoop who doesn't know crap about sports in general The Bills in particular.Coach is getting the last laugh while he gets to keep all of his newly signed contract the Wgr ratings is going into the toilet.Fire that general manager he must be friends with Darcy Reiger.:duel:

lordofgun
06-11-2003, 06:09 PM
Nicely put kd! I couldn't agree more.

Coach was the man.

G. Host
06-11-2003, 06:57 PM
I guess I should protest WGR getting rid of the worst radio personality on the air while giving him a golden parachute by not listening to station but I quit listening to the station a number of years due to them keeping him on.

Reward them for getting rid of fossil or not reward them for paying him something to do less than nothing. Hard decsion.

Well I will have less arguments now - I used to give a friend a ride to game but refused to allow him to listen to the Clueless Ex-Coach since it was my radio in my car. Now we do not need to argue.

Halbert
06-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Uuuuuuh, buh bye.

Demon
06-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Maybe you can get him to write for this web site like Art Wonder does? LOL

Bufftp
06-11-2003, 09:09 PM
knowing something does not mean your good at it, I felt he had "unfinished business" with Bills that clouded his anaylsis.

kdharge
06-11-2003, 09:41 PM
This is true bufftp but it does give you credibility on the subject ... hell there is not a so called sports reporter can tell me their opinion because its no better than yours or mine since I am always digging for more Bills info. The Felsers,Schoops,Bulldogs,Browns,Allen Wilsons opinions is no more official to me than yours. Thus no need for their services or lack there of

PA Season Ticket Holder
06-11-2003, 10:28 PM
That sucks, I'm gonna miss the coach. I hope he goes to WNSA.

Ingtar33
06-12-2003, 12:28 AM
Why all the hate for mike schoop?

The little time I'm buffalo he's the best thing going the dial. (Although Brad Rider [sp?] with his whole predictions thing on the Friday before a game is very good...).

Demon
06-12-2003, 12:54 AM
I HATE Larry Felser. Can you say Boooooooooooooooooring??? Plus on the Simon-Cast his eyes are like running a marathan, jesus christ, he gets on the littlest topics and talks about them for so long that it bores me to death.

I dont mind reading his articles but listening to him for an hour on Simon's show just kills me.

I just needed to get that off my back and this looked like the right topic : )

The Natrix
06-12-2003, 02:05 AM
I would rather listen to Britney Spears and N'sync on the ride home after the game than listen to that ass

Earthquake Enyart
06-12-2003, 06:56 AM
I would rather listen to fingernails on a chalk board than listen to that butthole coach.

Turf
06-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Demon
I HATE Larry Felser. Can you say Boooooooooooooooooring??? Plus on the Simon-Cast his eyes are like running a marathan, jesus christ, he gets on the littlest topics and talks about them for so long that it bores me to death.

I dont mind reading his articles but listening to him for an hour on Simon's show just kills me.

I just needed to get that off my back and this looked like the right topic : )

I've always thought Felser was an arrogant, self absorbed pompous ass myself.
As far as Simon goes, he has such a small vision and image in his mind of Buffalo, he sells the whole city short. The guy thinks small way too often. His points of view are not worth listening to for me.

Ebenezer
06-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
I've always thought Felser was an arrogant, self absorbed pompous ass myself.

More than 40 years experience; has covered more sporting events than we'll ever attend...gee, I think he's earned it.

Earthquake Enyart
06-12-2003, 08:11 AM
I like Larry Felser.... except his toupee.

Ebenezer
06-12-2003, 08:14 AM
that is true.

Novacane
06-12-2003, 08:36 AM
I did not like the coach but I listened to him. I hate schoop and don't listen to the afternoon show anymore because of him.

The_Philster
06-14-2003, 09:46 AM
By ALAN PERGAMENT
Judging by my e-mails, WGR-AM's release of combative, insulting and abusive talk show host Chuck Dickerson is getting decidedly mixed reviews from the station's listeners.
Some listeners are happy he's finally gone, others say they'll be goners, too, from the station.

Dickerson's departure certainly raises some interesting questions and possibilities. For one thing, will it lead to a backlash by Dickerson fans against afternoon host Mike Schopp, who worked with Dickerson last football season after moving over from WNSA-FM?...
more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030614/1046956.asp)

SABURZFAN
06-14-2003, 11:59 PM
:lolpoint: chuck dickerson

SABURZFAN
06-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Demon
I HATE Larry Felser.

i'll second that.

colin
06-15-2003, 01:12 PM
He was a meathead, and some of the ****** calling in loser chat was bad, but he was entertaining and he gave some good football talk sometimes.

Brad Rider is a pure thug, but i can't listen anymore because of the gay rules against net broadcasting.

:(