PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Horton on trade block

RockStar36
06-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Nathan Horton's agent said Wednesday he believes "there's a very good chance" the Panthers (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/sports/florida-panthers-ORSPT000175.topic) right winger will be traded before or at the draft next weekend in Los Angeles (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/social-issues/minority-groups/gays-lesbians/gay-pride-los-angeles-EVFES00000139.topic).

"It would not surprise me at all if he's dealt by the draft," Horton's agent Paul Krepelka said, adding that Horton's aware of the possibility. "If it happens, it happens."

The Sabres, who desperately need a right winger, have serious interest in Horton, and could in return give the Panthers the top-two center Tallon desires in Derek Roy or Tim Connolly (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/topic/sports/tim-connolly-PESPT001435.topic).

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/fl-nathan-horton-panthers-0617-20100616,0,529718.story

THATHURMANATOR
06-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Connolly in a heartbeat.

DMBcrew36
06-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Pick up Plekanec to play center and trade for Horton

The Spaz
06-17-2010, 11:17 AM
Do it!

RockStar36
06-17-2010, 11:18 AM
I'd rather see them trade Connolly since he has one year remaining and they would be getting something for him before he walks. I'd also be hesitant to trade Roy since he's been the team's leading scorer for the past three seasons, but I guess he's also been one of the bigger problems as well.

DMBcrew36
06-17-2010, 11:21 AM
I'd rather see them trade Connolly since he has one year remaining and they would be getting something for him before he walks. I'd also be hesitant to trade Roy since he's been the team's leading scorer for the past three seasons, but I guess he's also been one of the bigger problems as well.

Under my scenario (and in my eyes)...

dumping Roy and picking up a Plekanec does not substitute a large enough upgrade whatsoever - depth would still be too thin down the middle.

We need Roy at 2nd line center and a Plekanec at 1st line center.

Connolly is expendable

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-17-2010, 05:38 PM
if the Sabres get Horton this is what my EA Sports 2010 came up with when I tell it to do best lines. I do all my trades & signings on my own.

2010-11 Buffalo Sabres???

Vanek Ennis Pommers
Horton Hecht Roy
Kennedy Goose Grier
Kaleta Gerbe Stafford

Myers Motador
Rivet Butler
Sekera Weber (will be here next season)

if Roy is traded

Vanek Ennis Pommers
Horton Hecht Connolly
Kennedy Goose Grier
Kaleta Stafford Gerbe

Myers Montador
Rivet Butler
Sekera Weber

(keep in mind Lydman and Tallinder are UFA's)

Miller
Enroth

SabreEleven
06-17-2010, 05:56 PM
if the Sabres get Horton this is what my EA Sports 2010 came up with when I tell it to do best lines. I do all my trades & signings on my own.

2010-11 Buffalo Sabres???

Vanek Roy Pommers
Horton Hecht Ennis
Kennedy Goose Grier
Kaleta Gerbe Stafford

Myers Rivet
Motador Butler
Sekera Weber (will be here next season)

keep in mind Lydman and Tallinder are UFA's

Miller
Enroth

looks like anther 1st round loss to me at best.

Nighthawk
06-17-2010, 09:01 PM
They need more then just Horton...they need difference makers!

DMBcrew36
06-17-2010, 09:04 PM

Hmm, well if you had scrolled the 8 posts in the thread rather than just reading the headline... I suggested that we make a trade involving Connolly to get Horton, and sign Plekanec as a UFA

bigbub2352
06-17-2010, 09:45 PM
him for tiny timmy thank u

rbochan
06-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Myers Montador
Rivet Butler
Sekera Weber

(keep in mind Lydman and Tallinder are UFA's)

And Darcy's been in the news hoping to re-sign both of them.

RockStar36
06-18-2010, 07:55 AM
And Darcy's been in the news hoping to re-sign both of them.

I like to think that is just GM speak.

This is just my opinion but with both hitting the open market on July 1, if Darcy really wanted them back, he'd get them signed now before they are available to the rest of the league.

Both will probably get a significant raise like Spacek did last season which (hopefully) rules out their return to Buffalo next season.

RockStar36
06-18-2010, 07:56 AM

Well, we haven't had the draft yet and we're still a little under 2 weeks away from free agency, so why don't we see what they do first? Horton would be a nice addition and a step in the right direction.

SabreEleven
06-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Well, we haven't had the draft yet and we're still a little under 2 weeks away from free agency, so why don't we see what they do first? Horton would be a nice addition and a step in the right direction.

They won't find a difference make in the draft. It will be more of the same, "nice project player", "borderline 3rd line" "someone who won't be ready for the NHL for at least 3 years". The draft is never the answer unless you have a top 5 pick.

RockStar36
06-18-2010, 09:46 AM
They won't find a difference make in the draft. It will be more of the same, "nice project player", "borderline 3rd line" "someone who won't be ready for the NHL for at least 3 years". The draft is never the answer unless you have a top 5 pick.

I was talking more along the lines of trades at the draft. Not only is Horton on the block, but so is Kaberle. Both would be good additions if the Sabres can get it done.

The Spaz
06-18-2010, 04:23 PM

Like Myers or Ennis?

SabreEleven
06-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Like Myers or Ennis?

Myers was the first Sabres in forever to make a difference as a rookie and Ennis was ok. Playing 10 games in your rookie year is not making a difference.

SabreEleven
06-18-2010, 04:49 PM
I was talking more along the lines of trades at the draft. Not only is Horton on the block, but so is Kaberle. Both would be good additions if the Sabres can get it done.

It would be nice if they can get it done but history says other wise. I think I've just lost faith in this organization to do anything correctly.

RockStar36
06-18-2010, 06:45 PM
It would be nice if they can get it done but history says other wise. I think I've just lost faith in this organization to do anything correctly.

Yeah I suppose I see your point.

I'm too young to develop that attitude. Give me another 20 years of losing first.

Ground Chuck
06-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Blackhawks have to dump someone. Watch to see what they do.