PDA

View Full Version : Got to give Brohm credit.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2010, 07:55 AM
He seems to be in a two way race with Edwards so far. Everything I've read or seen so far says it'll be Edwards or Brohm.

Curious to see if he falls apart in pre-season like he did in Green Bay.

He's at least got himself in the mix which is more than I expected at this point.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Brohm sucks. He is terrible. I doubt he makes the team.

The only reason there is any competition is because Trent is not very good either. He is the best of the the group and will probably start, but is not the answer.

The Bills do not have a QB.

Jan Reimers
06-18-2010, 08:05 AM

The only reason there is any competition is because Trent is not very good either. He is the best of the the group and will probably start, but is not the answer.

Come on, OP, I know that's you.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Come on, OP, I know that's you.
I think the plan is to get one this upcoming year when the draft is loaded with top level QBs. And I am fine with that.

wmoz11
06-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Of course he's in the race. I'd still be in the race. They haven't done anything yet.

ddaryl
06-18-2010, 09:01 AM

really.....

ok

:kid:

THATHURMANATOR
06-18-2010, 09:45 AM
From what they say on WGR it seems like Brohm has no shot at starter. Which is it?

psubills62
06-18-2010, 10:00 AM
From what they say on WGR it seems like Brohm has no shot at starter. Which is it?

I'd tend to believe WGR. Fitz and Edwards have gotten the bulk of work so far. Seems to me Fitzpatrick has gotten it undeservedly unless the coaches are hoping he steps up and are just giving him a few extra chances to do so.

I think we'll know better once the TC "rankings" are revealed.

billz83
06-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Brohm is wack..only reason therez a "competition" is cuz captain checkdown is JUST as bad..these 2 couldnt even compete for 3rd string on a good team.

THATHURMANATOR
06-18-2010, 10:24 AM
It is going to be Edwards I can almost guarantee that.

JCBills
06-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I think the plan is to get one this upcoming year when the draft is loaded with top level QBs. And I am fine with that.

Lol, "loaded with top level QBs", lol.

DraftBoy
06-18-2010, 10:57 AM
I think we are going to have three different starters this season.

HHURRICANE
06-18-2010, 11:11 AM

I don't have the benefit of WGR down here in Atlanta but their opinion is porbably better than mine considering they probably have someone at the stadium watching the practices.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-18-2010, 11:19 AM
I think the plan is to get one this upcoming year when the draft is loaded with top level QBs. And I am fine with that. When the team needs a top-level LT first? I'm not fine. All QB prospects are development projects. This team, lest I remind you, is in the middle of a ten-season playoff drought, eleven if your scenario plays out, and I am not fine with that continuing any longer. If you want to shove this team to UFL-caliber or worse, then continue to follow that path. Thirtysomething journeymen are a dime a dozen at the QB position and they win-- very frequently.

BillsWin
06-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey DB how deep in the LT draft in 2011? Would there still be some starting caliber prospects at the beginning of round two?

JCBills
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
When the team needs a top-level LT first? I'm not fine. All QB prospects are development projects. This team, lest I remind you, is in the middle of a ten-season playoff drought, eleven if your scenario plays out, and I am not fine with that continuing any longer. If you want to shove this team to UFL-caliber or worse, then continue to follow that path. Thirtysomething journeymen are a dime a dozen at the QB position and they win-- very frequently.

Still clinging to LT as the end-all.

DraftBoy
06-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey DB how deep in the LT draft in 2011? Would there still be some starting caliber prospects at the beginning of round two?

Deep.

Not counting Juniors I count 6 potential 1st Rounders, with 8 going in the top 45 picks.

OT:
Anthony Castonozo
Lee Ziemba
Gabe Carmini
Nate Solder
Clint Boling
Orlando Franklin
Jason Pinkston
Joseph Barksdale

Not all of those guys will be LT but the overwhelming majority will be.

Compared to QB which is extremely shallow you only have two (maybe three) like Top 2 Round guys;
Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Pat Devlin (Maybe)

dannyek71
06-18-2010, 12:35 PM
TE will be the starter. I say keep fitzy on the team just because he is the only guy who has any experience in the league who we know can stay healthy.

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Compared to QB which is extremely shallow you only have two (maybe three) like Top 2 Round guys;
Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Pat Devlin (Maybe)

No Mallet or Luck?

(That being said, I love Ponder)

RockStar36
06-18-2010, 12:41 PM

Are you attempting some kind of reverse jinx?

How can you come to the conclusion that Brohm sucks when he has never even really had a legit opportunity yet?

FlyingDutchman
06-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I just hope we cut Fitz and keep Levi

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Are you attempting some kind of reverse jinx?

How can you come to the conclusion that Brohm sucks when he has never even really had a legit opportunity yet?
30 other NFL teams could have picked him up at no cost. Nobody did so. For him to be legit would mean the Bills outsmarted the rest of the NFL.

His college career was largely based on two seasons, in one system.

The guy has shown nothing. Are there exceptions to the rule (Warner, Romo)? Sure. But the chances of Brohm being anything better than a #2 or #3 guy are remote.

psubills62
06-18-2010, 12:46 PM
No Mallet or Luck?

Luck probably won't even come out. Mallett has a lot of work to do to become a top QB prospect.

I definitely thought they would go with a high-round LT this past draft. It seems to me at this point that they'll go QB, LT in the first and second next year, then keep working on filling out the defense as well as getting a WR and possibly OC.

JCBills
06-18-2010, 01:10 PM
30 other NFL teams could have picked him up at no cost. Nobody did so. For him to be legit would mean the Bills outsmarted the rest of the NFL.

The guy has shown nothing. Are there exceptions to the rule (Warner, Romo)? Sure. But the chances of Brohm being anything better than a #2 or #3 guy are remote.

It's been shown that the longer a QB has the prepare, the better they will do when finally starting.

Brohm's college career based on 3 seasons in two pro-style systems, not two in one. He started some his freshman year, but it was mainly soph-senior. Even if you were to take those two seasons, he showed more in college than Trent or Fitz, so I'm not sure why college production is part of this lol.

BillsWin
06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Deep.

Not counting Juniors I count 6 potential 1st Rounders, with 8 going in the top 45 picks.

OT:
Anthony Castonozo
Lee Ziemba
Gabe Carmini
Nate Solder
Clint Boling
Orlando Franklin
Jason Pinkston
Joseph Barksdale

Not all of those guys will be LT but the overwhelming majority will be.

Jake Locker
Christian Ponder
Pat Devlin (Maybe)

So Id say if we suck as much as the media says we will, theres a good chance we can pick up a top QB and still get a starting LT. If we get the NO. 1 pick, which I dont think we will. Id say wed be in good draft shape eh?

Michael82
06-18-2010, 01:29 PM

wow! This new you really sucks. You sound like another Op or HHURRICANE. :ill:

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2010, 01:44 PM
wow! This new you really sucks. You sound like another Op or HHURRICANE. :ill:

What has Brohm shown ever to make him seem like a NFL caliber QB? How many NFL QBs have sat on waivers and a team's PS with nobody else showing interest?

I am not as down as those two, but I also will not put blind faith in a guy that is basically a 3rd string level QB at best.

Michael82
06-18-2010, 01:52 PM
What has Brohm shown ever to make him seem like a NFL caliber QB? How many NFL QBs have sat on waivers and a team's PS with nobody else showing interest?

I am not as down as those two, but I also will not put blind faith in a guy that is basically a 3rd string level QB at best.
How do you know? What if he beats Edwards for the job and impresses the coaches in camp? Are you going to give him a shot or are you too busy calling him a 3rd stringer and running him off the team?

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2010, 01:57 PM
How do you know? What if he beats Edwards for the job and impresses the coaches in camp? Are you going to give him a shot or are you too busy calling him a 3rd stringer and running him off the team?

I'm playing the odds Mike. If he can do it, that is great.

My point is that it is highly unlikely he will do so.

Michael82
06-18-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm playing the odds Mike. If he can do it, that is great.

My point is that it is highly unlikely he will do so.
You're playing the odds by saying he sucks and is terrible? You're playing the odds by saying that he won't even make the team? come on! That's bull****! I'm telling you right now, Brian Brohm will win the starting QB job during training camp and pre-season. Fitzpatrick is the one who will be cut because he's being paid a ton of money and sucks!

Dr. Lecter
06-18-2010, 02:31 PM
You're playing the odds by saying he sucks and is terrible? You're playing the odds by saying that he won't even make the team? come on! That's bull****! I'm telling you right now, Brian Brohm will win the starting QB job during training camp and pre-season. Fitzpatrick is the one who will be cut because he's being paid a ton of money and sucks!
I am also basing on what I have seen from Brohm.

Fitz is an average NFL back-up. Brohm has not shown me (or anybody else) a damn thing. He was terrible at the open practice. He has shown nothing that he can play in the NFL and make the conversion from college QB to NFL QB. And Fitz is not making all that much.

If TE is starting and Fitz is #2, I would rather see Brown as #3 so he can develop. No reason to cut him and put him on the PS since a 4th QB would get no practice time.

Brohm is the type of guy Bills fans fall in love with because he would be a case of the Bills outsmarting the NFL. But his NFL ability is very much in question.

Philagape
06-18-2010, 02:35 PM
You're playing the odds by saying that he won't even make the team? come on! That's bull****!

Well, Brohm is 0-for-1 in that regard ....

RockStar36
06-18-2010, 02:42 PM

A couple of points.

When Buffalo claimed him from Green Bay, the Packers made an attempt to match the offer to retain him, however he chose to come to Buffalo because it was his best chance to play. It wasn't like Green Bay just tossed him away.

He was drafted ahead of Chad Henne, so obviously someone thought he was going to be a decent QB.

Brohm has shown nothing because he's never had the chance. He played one game and was setup to fail in that game. Can't we at least agree to see him play before we come to this conclusion?

As for the bolded part of your quote, isn't that what every college QB is judged on?

Michael82
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
I am also basing on what I have seen from Brohm.

Fitz is an average NFL back-up. Brohm has not shown me (or anybody else) a damn thing. He was terrible at the open practice. He has shown nothing that he can play in the NFL and make the conversion from college QB to NFL QB. And Fitz is not making all that much.

If TE is starting and Fitz is #2, I would rather see Brown as #3 so he can develop. No reason to cut him and put him on the PS since a 4th QB would get no practice time.

Brohm is the type of guy Bills fans fall in love with because he would be a case of the Bills outsmarting the NFL. But his NFL ability is very much in question.
You are one of the few who thought Brohm was terrible at the open practice. I talked to several others that felt he was the best one of the day. Oh and you missed a lot of the 11-on-11 stuff when you went to the concession stand and waited for a long time.

RockStar36
06-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Just for the record...

I think we can agree the Bills won't be a playoff team this season. With that in mind, we know exactly what we're getting with Edwards starting. We know exactly what we're getting with Fitz starting. Do you know exactly what we'll get from Brohm? For that reason alone, I want him to win the starting job. You never know till you let him play, the others have had their chance.

FlyingDutchman
06-18-2010, 03:02 PM
gotta agree with Dr Lecter here...Brohm isnt that good...does he have the potential to be good? absolutely. But we got him off a practice squad for a reason, he obviously wasnt getting it good enough. Id like to see him turn into something but lets be realistic here, hes just a name at this point...if a lot of you have hopes of him coming in and being some hidden gem that we shined up youre going to be disappointed...lets hope he comes in and is serviceable and can then grow on that...

psubills62
06-18-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't see anyone saying the Brohm is the answer. But on a team filled with second-rate QB's, why not give him a shot? Despite what happened in GB (where I'd argue that he was mentally never in the game, since he was never given a shot at the starting position), he's still largely unproven.

All I see is some people who want to see what he can do under Gailey. That doesn't mean he's a legitimate starting NFL QB. If you see one of those on our roster, then alert the local wildlife association because they want to save endangered species. Otherwise, why not see what Brohm can do when 1) he's been in an offense for more than a few weeks with some actual coaching help, and 2) he's actually given a shot at the starting position?

JCBills
06-18-2010, 03:21 PM

I used to have a bigger list somewhere, but this is just from NFL.com

Recent players who were cut/P.S'd by one team to end up successful with another.

Wes Welker
James Harrison
Jake Delhomme (Yeah he sucks now, but he was good for a while)
Trent Green
Kurt Warner

Not recent, but QBs -

Jack Kemp
Johnny Unitas

FlyingDutchman
06-18-2010, 04:06 PM

Recent players who were cut/P.S'd by one team to end up successful with another.

Wes Welker
James Harrison
Trent Green
Kurt Warner

Not recent, but QBs -

Jack Kemp
Johnny Unitas

true but he said hes playing the odds...do you want to see the list of players that are cut or on the PS that dont turn into anything?

bflojohn
06-18-2010, 04:26 PM
We will all see come July 29th (pecking order), however, Brian Brohm has to gain the first team reps IF he has any chance of starting this season. It is obvious to most that his opportunity hinges on the simple axiom that to get better in this league you MUST get the experience first. He has a great opening here, so I hope he doesn't blow it! I am rooting for him because I've already seen the dog and pony show last season! GO BILLS and Brian Brohm!!

Ron Burgundy
06-18-2010, 04:30 PM

Lecter! Throwin' down the TROOF! I love it!

However, no one honestly thinks Brohm is going to amount to anything other than a bust. I think most of these arguments are tongue-in-cheek.

JCBills
06-18-2010, 04:33 PM
true but he said hes playing the odds...do you want to see the list of players that are cut or on the PS that dont turn into anything?

I know, but he also said "how many" implying there would be none. There's a few I could find, that's all lol.

BillsWin
What are you guys smoking? Everyone knows Brohm is the second coming of Jim Kelly. It just took him a few years to develop.

:D

Ron Burgundy

Wes Welker
James Harrison
Trent Green
Kurt Warner

Not recent, but QBs -

Jack Kemp
Johnny Unitas'

That's awesome! Give me a day or two, and I'll post the list of 69 million guys who DIDN'T make it from the practice squad. We've talked about this before, so I'm going to be nice and assume you forgot, and not that you're ******ed.

I appreciate your zeal in this Brohm thing, but I really can't wait for the guy to fade to insignificance so you can pick some other ****ty player to build up for no reason whatsoever. Oh, wait, you've got Jamon Meredith. Sweet.

JCBills
06-18-2010, 05:10 PM
'

That's awesome! Give me a day or two, and I'll post the list of 69 million guys who DIDN'T make it from the practice squad. We've talked about this before, so I'm going to be nice and assume you forgot, and not that you're ******ed.

I appreciate your zeal in this Brohm thing, but I really can't wait for the guy to fade to insignificance so you can pick some other ****ty player to build up for no reason whatsoever. Oh, wait, you've got Jamon Meredith. Sweet.

A little sensitive I see. I know that it's a long shot, but it was being implied that it never happened. I don't write down who I talk with about what, sorry bub. I'm not really building anyone up. I said I think Brohm will win the starting job this season, nothing about how he'll perform. I did make a bet that Meredith will start and play well, but I don't think that's building him up at all, had I said he'll be pro bowl caliber, then well yeah you'd have a point.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-18-2010, 05:41 PM
His college career was largely based on two seasons, in one system. Quick point: Brian Brohm was one of the most highly sought-after recruits in high school football when he was recruited into college. This isn't a walk-on we're talking about; he's been very good for a very long time. Why he hasn't translated that into NFL success, I don't know.

Nighthawk
06-19-2010, 01:13 AM

You, nor I, know if this guy is any good, so don't try to sell it like you do. This is your opinion...not factual.

Spiderweb
06-19-2010, 01:48 AM

I believe you've made your point about disliking Brohm. Now it just seems like piling on.......

As for the the "no cost", there was a cost, a contract, in which the Packers met our offer, but Brohm took ours sensing a better opportunity to play with Buffalo. There's always a cost.....

jamze132
06-19-2010, 02:00 AM
Skinny Lecter sucks.

Night Train
06-19-2010, 04:31 AM
Brown will get a start at some point this season.

kishoph
06-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Lecter! Throwin' down the TROOF! I love it!

However, no one honestly thinks Brohm is going to amount to anything other than a bust. I think most of these arguments are tongue-in-cheek.

I believe that BROHM will amout to far more than a bust. I've been liking the idea of BROHM being the BILLS starting QB since we picked him up. We don't get to see a lot of what's going on in practice but what I have seen makes me think that BROHM is in serious contention to win the starting job. As far as him sucking in the open practice, be real, I was there and I know that he was far from the worst that day. A couple of things that I don't get are, why do people think that GAILEY can resurrect TRENT's carreer yet can't help a young prospect that has far more upside than TRENT or FITZ. Also there are the people that are hooked on LOCKER, MALLET and LUCK. Have their college carreers been better than what BROHM's was ? Who knows what their next seasons may bring they all may bomb. Tanking a season to get a shot at one of these guys is ludicrous. I say even if the three QB's come out even at the end of TC you go with the one with the most upside, which is BROHM.

HHURRICANE
06-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Guys I just said that Brohm seemed to be staying in the mix. There's been alot on Edwards and Brohm coming out of OBD the last few weeks where Fitz seems to make the int highlight reel. Could all be meaningless.

I personally still believe that Edwards will start. But if Brohm is number 2 than we will quickly have ourselves a QB controversy the first time Edwards throws a pick.

Michael82
06-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Just for the record...

I think we can agree the Bills won't be a playoff team this season. With that in mind, we know exactly what we're getting with Edwards starting. We know exactly what we're getting with Fitz starting. Do you know exactly what we'll get from Brohm? For that reason alone, I want him to win the starting job. You never know till you let him play, the others have had their chance.
Great post! This is the main reason why there are so many people rooting for Brohm. Considering what else we have at QB, we want to see someone else get a chance and the season is already over anyways, according to several people. Why not use it to give Brian Brohm a chance to show what he has. By the end of the season, if he struggles badly...put in Brown.

HHURRICANE
06-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Great post! This is the main reason why there are so many people rooting for Brohm. Considering what else we have at QB, we want to see someone else get a chance and the season is already over anyways, according to several people. Why not use it to give Brian Brohm a chance to show what he has. By the end of the season, if he struggles badly...put in Brown.

Don't you think this logic is slightly flawed? Bledsoe struggled mightily until Parcells got a hold of him.

Wouldn't you want the coaching staff to attempt to develop the best player instead of the guy that hasn't had a chance?

If Brohm is worthy of starting he'll win it in camp not because we don't know what he's capable of.

kishoph
06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Don't you think this logic is slightly flawed? Bledsoe struggled mightily until Parcells got a hold of him.
Wouldn't you want the coaching staff to attempt to develop the best player instead of the guy that hasn't had a chance?

If Brohm is worthy of starting he'll win it in camp not because we don't know what he's capable of.

BLEDSOE's rookie year was better than any year TRENT has ever had, his 2nd year he threw for over 4,500 yds. Plus he had a stellar college career. That's not struggling. You can't compare TRENT EDWARDS to DREW BLEDSOE.

Goobylal
06-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Parcells drafted Bledsoe. And I'd take JP's 2006 season over any of Trent's.

Yasgur's Farm
06-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Edwards is in the final year of his contract. And with his injury history, coupled with his tendancy to become more and more skiddish after each injury, he will not likely be extended.

Fitz doesn't make sense to keep with his $3M salary and spotty but ballsy play.

For those reasons... To me... I'd think the coaches would be looking at Brohm, Edwards and the rookie in that order.

DraftBoy
06-20-2010, 12:38 AM
No Mallet or Luck?

You know my rule. Juniors until they make it official are not even in the discussion. I do not think Luck will leave after this year though.

DraftBoy
06-20-2010, 12:40 AM
So Id say if we suck as much as the media says we will, theres a good chance we can pick up a top QB and still get a starting LT. If we get the NO. 1 pick, which I dont think we will. Id say wed be in good draft shape eh?
Not really. All of those QB's have big time question marks and I wouldn't take any of them in the first round.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Not really. All of those QB's have big time question marks and I wouldn't take any of them in the first round.
So basically we're in the same boat as last year. I don't know about you, but it seems like college is beginning to fail miserably at developing quarterbacks for the NFL.

Albany,n.y.
06-20-2010, 07:27 AM
A little sensitive I see. I know that it's a long shot, but it was being implied that it never happened. I don't write down who I talk with about what, sorry bub. I'm not really building anyone up. I said I think Brohm will win the starting job this season, nothing about how he'll perform. I did make a bet that Meredith will start and play well, but I don't think that's building him up at all, had I said he'll be pro bowl caliber, then well yeah you'd have a point.
It has never happened. There has never been a QB drafted as high as Brohm, cut before his 2nd season, cleared waivers & then went on to a successful NFL career.

DraftBoy
06-20-2010, 07:33 AM
So basically we're in the same boat as last year. I don't know about you, but it seems like college is beginning to fail miserably at developing quarterbacks for the NFL.

Well I agree they aren't the best at developing QB's that's also not thier jobs. Whether we like it or not thier main objective is to win not develop and sometimes that's through running simplistic offenses/defenses which do little to develop the little things that matter so much in professional football.

Albany,n.y.
06-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Quick point: Brian Brohm was one of the most highly sought-after recruits in high school football when he was recruited into college. This isn't a walk-on we're talking about; he's been very good for a very long time. Why he hasn't translated that into NFL success, I don't know.
Josh Booty was one of the most highly sought-after recruits in high school football. Please don't start going back to high school to boost up Brohm, because if you're going there you can say Trent Edwards had one of the greatest high school careers. There are plenty of highly sought out high school QBs who none of us has ever, or will ever, hear about. Next time I expect a photo of Brohm with a football as a 5 year old with a snapshot of 5 year old Peyton Manning next to it claiming the similarities are too much to ignore.

Novacane
06-20-2010, 07:46 AM

WGR was actually talking about the Bills? Wow!!

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2010, 08:38 AM
You, nor I, know if this guy is any good, so don't try to sell it like you do. This is your opinion...not factual.

Come on.

Do I know with 100% certainty that Brohm will be nothing? No, I do not. But you know the odds of him being anything are slim and none.

I never thought that not being a big fan of the Bills 3rd string QB, a guy plucked off another team's PS that nobody else in the league wanted (yes - GB did match the offer. But if they really wanted him they would not have stuck him there in the first place) would result in such a reaction, even comparisons the Op and hurricane.

Fact of the matter is that the only QB on this roster that has shown even the slightest ability to be a NFL start is Trent. Unfortunately, he absorbed the aggressiveness and personality of Dick Jauron. We can only hope that Gailey and crew can exorcise those demons. Fitz is a NFL back-up. Brohm, on the other hand, did not show enough to GB in practice and pre-season games to merit a roster spot, even as a #3 guy. Do you know what it takes for a team to cut a 2nd round pick, especially a 2nd round QB, after one season? Do you realize how ****ty he must have looked to earn that dubious honor?

Is there a chance he can be a NFL QB? Sure. Theoretically. But there is no factual basis to think so.

Right now, the Bills might have the worst QB situation in the NFL. It is just the way it is.

While I hope they have a great season and turn it around, the chances are that this season will be a long one. But if they can show improvement in key areas, that is not necessarily a bad thing. It might be good for this team to have a complete blow-up and rebuild instead of the constant attempts to plug holes and half ass things.

Here is to Christian Ponder being a pick next year.

BertSquirtgum
06-20-2010, 10:28 AM
brohm for president.

BillsWin
06-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I may not listen to WGR, but in almost all their practice recaps they have been praising Brohm on his work in the redzone and touch on his passes.

Am I the only one confused by the post that says WGR is saying Brohm sucks?

Johnny Bugmenot
06-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Josh Booty was one of the most highly sought-after recruits in high school football. Please don't start going back to high school to boost up Brohm, because if you're going there you can say Trent Edwards had one of the greatest high school careers. There are plenty of highly sought out high school QBs who none of us has ever, or will ever, hear about. Next time I expect a photo of Brohm with a football as a 5 year old with a snapshot of 5 year old Peyton Manning next to it claiming the similarities are too much to ignore.
Josh Booty didn't go straight to college-- he spent five years in baseball first, so by the time he got to college and the NFL he was past his prime. Brohm had several consecutive years of success, first as a top-level prep school prospect and then as the starter for Louisville. To compare Brohm to Josh Booty is comparing apples to oranges. Booty has more in common with Chris Weinke than Brian Brohm.

BillsWin
06-20-2010, 12:19 PM

http://www.wgr550.com/Brohm-likes-Gailey-s-plan-for-Bills/7492050

Of the three, Brohm seems to be money dropping the ball in on fade routes for touchdowns.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/7428299.php?contentType=4&contentId=6254311

Brian Brohm had a strong practice, standing out especially in the live drills. Brohm consistently stayed in the pocket and threw some nice balls all over the red zone. When working with the receivers individually earlier in practice, Brohm had trouble getting the ball to his receivers on the outside, throwing the ball low on a few different occasions. He shook that off before beginning the live drills.

There's been more, but I'm too lazy to look them up.

So they may be saying something different on the radio, but when they write up recaps they seem to always slip in something good about Brohm.

Do I think Brohm is the answer to our QB woes? No, not really. But I don't think he should be counted out yet when the pads haven't even come on and by all reports he continues to get better. (specifically in the redzone).

mightysimi
06-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Do you know what it takes for a team to cut a 2nd round pick, especially a 2nd round QB, after one season? Do you realize how ****ty he must have looked to earn that dubious honor?

It is a little easier for a team with a fully entrenched starter to just take who was playing better at the time. Brohm had no shot at being the starter so they kept a guy who developed a little quicker.

Having said that, I do agree that the odds are extremely stacked against him being good but, it's not as ridiculous to place a second round QB on the PS with GB as it would be with say Buffalo.

better days
06-20-2010, 12:28 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/Brohm-likes-Gailey-s-plan-for-Bills/7492050

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/7428299.php?contentType=4&contentId=6254311

There's been more, but I'm too lazy to look them up.

So they may be saying something different on the radio, but when they write up recaps they seem to always slip in something good about Brohm.

Do I think Brohm is the answer to our QB woes? No, not really. But I don't think he should be counted out yet when the pads haven't even come on and by all reports he continues to get better. (specifically in the redzone).

I agree, & if Trent is as good as some people think, why has he not stood out & grabbed the starters job by now? All reports are it is a tight competition between all the QB's