• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Matthews to provide Bills with some push

In this pass-happy age in which tight ends are more receivers than blockers, Michael Matthews is a throwback to a time when a tight end was more like an extra offensive lineman than wide receiver.
    That's fine with Matthews, who takes pride in doing the dirty work.
    "For me, it's about just going in there and being physical and being willing to throw your body around," Matthews said after a Buffalo Bills practice this week. "That's the thing. You've got to want to do it. A lot of tight ends want to score touchdowns, but they might not want to block that goal line play or take on a defensive end or linebacker. I don't mind it at all."
    Matthews has just eight catches in his first three NFL seasons, but getting more receptions is not the reason the Bills picked him up off waivers three days before the draft. They already have tight ends — Shawn Nelson and Derek Schouman — who can catch passes.
    read more...

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Matthews to provide Bills with some push

I have no problem with a blocking TE who can help in protection or the running game.

Oh wait...I'm talking positive about a Bills player. Quick, login and start tearing him to shreds. I forgot that's no longer allowed here.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

I'd be more excited about him if 3 teams hadn't already dumped him, including the Lions.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
        • Jul 2009

I think Wang and Wood are the ones to provide the big push at the goal line

Comment

• more cowbell
          • Apr 2006

He is a good blocking tight end. Id like to see if he can play some FB too that way we can free up a roster spot by dumping McIntyre's usless ass.
          The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

Working...
          X