• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • methos4ever
    • Apr 2004

NO's Jammal Brown to WAS?

Adam_Schefter

Washington is trying to finalize a trade for Saints OT Jammal Brown. The trade is not believed to involve disgruntled DT Albert Haynesworth.
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: NO's Jammal Brown to WAS?

few things piss me off as a Bills fan although basically everything should...this was an opportunity to improve our team and we blew it...unless we're gunna get Jared Gaither or not sold on Brown returning to tip-top shape (which i'm sure could be true) then we better be confident in what we have!! otherwise this is pathetic

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Now this will piss me off! Why the hell wouldn't the Bills try to get him?

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
        few things piss me off as a Bills fan although basically everything should...this was an opportunity to improve our team and we blew it...unless we're gunna get Jared Gaither or not sold on Brown returning to tip-top shape (which i'm sure could be true) then we better be confident in what we have!! otherwise this is pathetic
        Brown was nothing special to begin with, and his injury may be something he never gets over. Pass.

Comment

• methos4ever
          • Apr 2004

I'm reporting saints are trading pro bowl tackle jamaal brown to redskins for conditional draft pick.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by methos4ever

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mikey82
              Now this will piss me off! Why the hell wouldn't the Bills try to get him?
              Every time a trade happens in the league everyone just assumes we did absolutely nothing. I'm not sure where in the two line report that info was hidden.

Comment

• theanswer74
                • Apr 2004

Schefter says Brown would play RT.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

OMG!!!! THE SAINTS ARE GOING TO PLAY A GUY AT LEFT TACKLE THAT WAS A FOURTH ROUND PICK AND ONLY PLAYED IN THREE GAMES PRIOR TO 2009???? WHAT A BUNCH OF DUMBASSES!!!
                  Last edited by YardRat; 06-19-2010, 05:48 PM.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

how annoying is it that they would get him after just drafting trent williams in the draft too... must be nice to have jamal brown as a RT and back up LT.. effing aholes.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• THRILLHO
                      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                      • Feb 2009

According to PFT, the skins are essentially moving down a bit in the draft to get this young tackle. Seems like we coulda had him? He may not be the best tackle in the league, but I am willing to bet he could beat out anyone on our line right now....
                      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• methos4ever
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        how annoying is it that they would get him after just drafting trent williams in the draft too... must be nice to have jamal brown as a RT and back up LT.. effing aholes.
                        I guess Schefter is saying that they'd play Brown at LT and Williams at RT.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by hey2abills
                          According to PFT, the skins are essentially moving down a bit in the draft to get this young tackle. Seems like we coulda had him? He may not be the best tackle in the league, but I am willing to bet he could beat out anyone on our line right now....
                          That's not what I read. The Redskins are, no matter what, giving up a 3rd and 4th rounder in 2011. However, depending on how McNabb does, the 3rd rounder may go to Philly or NO. If McNabb does really well, the 3rd will go to Philly, and the 4th will go to NO. If not, NO will get the 3rd and Philly gets the 4th. The Skins will receive a conditional late-rounder from NO, but will also owe NO a conditional 2012 6th rounder if Brown does really well.

If you want to call it moving down, sure, but they're essentially moving down from the 3rd and 4th rounds to just a single pick in the later rounds.

It's a price we definitely could have paid. Considering Buffalo was never rumored to have shown interest in Brown, you have to wonder how fit he is medically. I remember last year when everyone raved about the great Philadelphia Eagles OL, yet most of them ended up having injury or performance issues. We'll see.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Goobylal
                            Brown was nothing special to begin with, and his injury may be something he never gets over. Pass.
                            Hahahahahahaha.... oh, the apologists are hilarious!!!

OMG!!!! THE SAINTS ARE GOING TO PLAY A GUY AT LEFT TACKLE THAT WAS A FOURTH ROUND PICK AND ONLY PLAYED IN THREE GAMES PRIOR TO 2009???? WHAT A BUNCH OF DUMBASSES!!!
                            They just drafted an LT in the second round of this past draft-- Charles Brown. Oh, and they already won a Super Bowl just a few months ago-- which is more than Buffalo has won, ever. So they can tear the team down for all I care.

Every time a trade happens in the league everyone just assumes we did absolutely nothing. I'm not sure where in the two line report that info was hidden.
                            Well, consider the fact that Buffalo could've easily had their other pick, Trent Williams, with a trade of their #9 and a second for the 'Skins' #4, but by their own admission were too busy looking to trade down instead. This is a pattern. They clearly think that Bell and Meredith are NFL caliber left tackles (see, for instance, the list of other missed opportunities for getting a better LT that I mentioned in another thread).

Like I said before, just give it up, folks. This team has shown every indication that it wants one of these as their left tackle:

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                              • Feb 2009

I was hoping we would grab this guy... but Its ok I guess
                              We better hope Spiller is crazy quick. He's gonna need to speed to get WAY outside before the DE does
                              "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

Working...
                              X