• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

NFL Supplemental Draft Filling Up

We all know the news that BYU Harvey Unga is in, but he's not the only one. One report from NFL Draft Bible has former Oregon QB Jeremiah Masoli considering entering the Supp Draft;

More importantly however may be the inclusion of Illinois NT Josh Brent Price, was arrested for a DUI in 2009 and declared academically ineligible for 2010, but he has great size 6'2, 330 and really started to come on last season. Ill have reports on Unga, Masoli, and Price all done in the next week for Draft Nasty.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Re: NFL Supplemental Draft Filling Up

Can Masoli play qb at his height. He's got a lot going for him but I question that size.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

I feel that Masoli's size isn't NFL caliber... If Doug Flutie proved anything it is that size doesn't matter (though his ex-girlfriends think otherwise *badumtsch*) but in the recent NFL, 5-11 214 is Devin Hester/small WR/"Can he play corner?" type size.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
        Can Masoli play qb at his height. He's got a lot going for him but I question that size.
        His height is the last of his issues, he was arrested this past year for Burglary and given 12 months probabtion, then just this past month was pulled over for failing to stop before entering a roadway, and when he was pulled over they found marijuana on him (less than an ounce) and that his drivers license had been suspended.

Off the field stuff aside, he does not have the arm to play QB in the NFL, its a little ironic that he played for the Oregon Ducks, because every so often when he threw the ball it really was a duck.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Unga & Price are interesting but it depends if the Bills actually think the huge street FA Harvey can give them a few snaps a game as a backup NT, while giving a breather to Troup.
          I'm thinking the Kyle WIlliams experiment at NT may come to a sudden halt in the next few months. He was a swinging door at DT vs. the run and suddenly he's projected at NT ?? Can't see it.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I wouldn't mind them blowing a mid-round pick on Price.

If he subs in at NT instead of Carrington and Edwards during camp, at least maybe OP's blood pressure will drop a couple of points.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
              I wouldn't mind them blowing a mid-round pick on Price.

If he subs in at NT instead of Carrington and Edwards during camp, at least maybe OP's blood pressure will drop a couple of points.
              Supp drafted players traditionally go two rounds lower than they should. Price isnt likely to get drafted but I wouldnt mind taking a 7th Round flyer bid on him.

Price has enough issues to scare me away.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                His height is the last of his issues, he was arrested this past year for Burglary and given 12 months probabtion, then just this past month was pulled over for failing to stop before entering a roadway, and when he was pulled over they found marijuana on him (less than an ounce) and that his drivers license had been suspended.

Off the field stuff aside, he does not have the arm to play QB in the NFL, its a little ironic that he played for the Oregon Ducks, because every so often when he threw the ball it really was a duck.
                Thank you, I thought that about him.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                  Will not tolerate vandalism.
                  • Apr 2006

Wishful thinking. If they won't give up picks in the regular draft, what makes you think they'll do it in a supplemental draft, with a weaker, shallower talent pool?

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                    Wishful thinking. If they won't give up picks in the regular draft, what makes you think they'll do it in a supplemental draft, with a weaker, shallower talent pool?

The Bills have traded draft picks many times so your post is laughable... In fact we traded away 1st rd picks 2 times in the last decade for players that turned out to be busts....

There was only 2 or 3 reasons to trade up in the 2010 draft and we weren't going to get Bradford or Suh or even Okung unless we sold the farm to do so.

On the other hand, if you can pick up a Supplemental player but give up a low draft pick it could be worth it.... and a possibility

but that doesn't mean the Bills will still do it.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Supp drafted players traditionally go two rounds lower than they should. Price isnt likely to get drafted but I wouldnt mind taking a 7th Round flyer bid on him.

Price has enough issues to scare me away.
                      I'd certainly drop a low rounder on the guy, just because I think we need some serious help at the position. So much depends on Troup...

And if anybody burns a pick on Masoli, I'd be shocked. That guy is a ****ing idiot.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy
                        I'd certainly drop a low rounder on the guy, just because I think we need some serious help at the position. So much depends on Troup...

And if anybody burns a pick on Masoli, I'd be shocked. That guy is a ****ing idiot.
                        He's not officially in yet, and if he enters I expect him to go undrafted.

He should transfer for a DII school and dominate for a year and stay out of trouble. But that would be the smart thing to do.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Here's something a few of you may find interesting.. In the history of the Supplemental Draft, the Bills have selected just one player who would ever go on to play for them.

Dwight Drane (1984)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ddaryl
                            The Bills have traded draft picks many times
                            Buddy Nix publicly stated his goal was to trade down and pick up more draft picks this year.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                              Here's something a few of you may find interesting.. In the history of the Supplemental Draft, the Bills have selected just one player who would ever go on to play for them.

Dwight Drane (1984)
                              I don't think that counts for the annual supplemental draft...it was a 'special' supplemental draft for USFL and CFL players, and all of the teams participated without forfeiture of a future draft pick.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X