Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

OTA & Minicamp News: Week 5

Voluntary OTAs
    Mon. Jun. 21 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm
    Tues. Jun. 22 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm

Mandatory minicamp
    Wed. Jun. 23 – 10:55 am – 12:15 pm; 3:35 – 5:15 pm (Coach Gailey speaks)
    Thurs. Jun. 24 - 10:55 am – 12:15 pm; 3:35 – 5:15 pm
    Fri. Jun. 25 - 10:55 am – 12:15 pm; 3:35 – 5:15 pm
    Last edited by madness; 06-21-2010, 03:58 PM.
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: OTA & Minicamp News: Week 5

Reps for Harris hard to come by

Chris Brown
    Posted June 21, 2010 – 10:39 am
    Tags: Dominique Harris, OTAs

Bills rookie free agent SS Dominique Harris has a good physical skill set, but he’s lined up at a position where the Bills have solid depth.
    With veterans Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott and George Wilson all capable of playing strong safety, reps have been extremely hard to come by for Harris in the practice setting.
    Such is the life of a rookie free agent at times. You want to show you have what it takes, but your reps are so limited, especially in a situation where the coaching staff needs to school up the vets on the new scheme as much as the rookies and you’re in a tough spot. We’ll see how things pan out for Harris moving forward.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Harris's time will be in the first couple of preseason games. He just needs to get his playbook down and then lower the boom on somebody.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Bills head coach Chan Gailey announced that while the club plans to name a No. 1 QB when it heads to training camp, the job is still open for competition. From what I am hearing, that QB will be Trent Edwards, and when you name a No. 1 before camp opens, it is his job to lose. Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick will get reps, but Edwards should be the favorite to win the job.
        NFL news and notes | National Football Post

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by madness
          Bills head coach Chan Gailey announced that while the club plans to name a No. 1 QB when it heads to training camp, the job is still open for competition. From what I am hearing, that QB will be Trent Edwards, and when you name a No. 1 before camp opens, it is his job to lose. Brian Brohm and Ryan Fitzpatrick will get reps, but Edwards should be the favorite to win the job.
          Yip-frikin-eee
          go shallow ye great wide receivers.
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by madness
            I hope Brohm steps up in the preseason. I can't stomach Edwards anymore.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Nobody is beating out Edwards in camp....

I am fine with seeing what gailey's O and coaching can do for a QB like Edwards...

but Brohm will be on deck if Edwards shows he can't progress.... and we will be drafting a top QB in 2011 more then likely.

Comment

• Mindbender
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl

I am fine with seeing what gailey's O and coaching can do for a QB like Edwards...

but Brohm will be on deck if Edwards shows he can't progress.... and we will be drafting a top QB in 2011 more then likely.
                exactly. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
                "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

Wood is back on the field

Paul Hamilton Reporting
                  Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- Bills RG Eric Wood returned to the field for the first time since breaking his leg November 22nd in Jacksonville. The second year former number one pick is back way ahead of schedule. Wood told me he participated in individual drills and felt great with no setbacks.

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Last edited by madness; 06-21-2010, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

PatrickMoranBSD
                    The Bills have been interested in DT Ian Scott twice before. Now that he's released from the Chargers, wouldn't be shocked to see it again.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

6/21 Trent Edwards Transcript for Monday's OTA

On if he likes the idea of Coach Gailey’s pecking order by training camp: To be honest, I’m really not thinking that far ahead. I feel like that’s a long way in the distance for me. We still have an OTA tomorrow and a mini-camp coming up at the end of this week. So however it plays out that’s his decision. I really don’t think that far ahead so I’m worried about the OTA tomorrow.

On if he feels how far along he is after a month on the field:
                      I feel like we’re getting better each day. We’re making progress and that’s the encouraging part is that you always want to see improvements each day. And I feel like we’re seeing that from every player at every position on the team. So that’s nice that we’re grasping concepts, we’re understanding the playbook and that’s really all you can ask for as a player.

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Wood feeling good

By Chris Brown - Posted June 21, 2010 – 3:27 pm
                        Eric Wood felt good after getting the chance to participate in practice Monday.
                        Wood said he did individual position work with his teammates for the first time since breaking his leg last season.
                        “I just did individual work today just within the offensive line. I’m excited to be out here and I’m ready to get back in team drills, but we’re going to take it slowly and I’m at odds with the trainers, but it’s fun,” Wood told Buffalobills.com ”We’ve had our fun in the training room now it’s time to get back out on the field and get to work with the guys. Now we’ve just got to get Demetrius going and hopefully toward the end of the week I’ll get back in some team drills.”
                        Wood is hopeful he can participate more extensively during minicamp later this week.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Player radio appearance

By Chris Brown - Posted June 21, 2010 – 3:31 pm
                          Here’s the rundown of player radio appearances for Bills players on Tuesday.
                          Kyle Williams – Norton in the Morning, 97 Rock @ 8:00 AM (listen online)
                          Kyle will no doubt be talking about how things are coming along defensively for the team, but he’s likely to also discuss his solid outing in batting practice at the Blue Jays game last weekend at the Rogers Centre in Toronto.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

first bolded part will be false if the second part happens. So yes, someone CAN beat out Trent. Also, Brohm seems to be getting better. If he keeps progressing, he CAN beat out Trent.
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-21-2010, 03:47 PM.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Bills Roundup: Wood Returns to Practice (3:00) Posted 06/21/10

Comment

Working...
                              X