PDA

View Full Version : WE GOT WOOD!

BillsWin
06-21-2010, 01:47 PM
WGR is reporting that Bills' guard Eric Wood is back!

BillsWin
06-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Wood is back on the field

Paul Hamilton Reporting
Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- Bills RG Eric Wood returned to the field for the first time since breaking his leg November 22nd in Jacksonville. The second year former number one pick is back way ahead of schedule. Wood told me he participated in individual drills and felt great with no setbacks.

Last week Chan Gailey said he's have the quarterbacks ranked by the time they get to training camp. Edwards says that isn't even on his mind right now, "To be honest I'm really not thinking that far ahead. That's a long way in the distance for me. We still have an OTA tomorrow and a Mini Camp at the end of this week so however it plays out, that's his decision, I really don't think that far ahead so I'm worried about the OTA tomorrow."

http://www.wgr550.com/Wood-is-back-on-the-field/7516827

mayotm
06-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Don't get too excited. HH already informed everybody that Wood won't be ready this season. Plus, even if he is ready, he won't be effective. Apparently, HH is a medical expert in addition to his many other areas of expertise.

BillsWin
06-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Don't get too excited. HH already informed everybody that Wood won't be ready this season. Plus, even if he is ready, he won't be effective. Apparently, HH is a medical expert in addition to his many other areas of expertise.

I remember that post. HH was in rare form that day. :zonelunch

Jan Reimers
06-21-2010, 01:59 PM
This is the kind of news that will largely go unnoticed on the *****Zone, or be turned into a negative, e.g., he is returning too soon, he will get hurt, etc., etc.

The 479th "We need a Left Tackle" thread would get more attention.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
06-21-2010, 02:00 PM

HH must be talking to that same source that told him that Leslie Frazier was going to coach the bills

BTW this is great news

justasportsfan
06-21-2010, 02:02 PM
It's had wo have Wood When your Wang is still limp.

Apparently, HH is a medical expert in addition to his many other areas of expertise.

He's on psych meds. That qualifies him as an expert.

HHURRICANE
06-21-2010, 02:05 PM

First off I do have a sense of humor so I laughed when I saw this.

And yes to rain on everyone's parade, I can pull countless articles on injured players and how their recovery is ahead of schedule. However, I can't remeber the last time a guy came off this level of injury and played at or better than his previous year.

So get all excited but be warned that injuries don't just magically disappear. It's a process. I am hopeful that he'll miraculously beat the odds because God knows we need him.

BertSquirtgum
06-21-2010, 02:21 PM
now all the doubters that said he won't be playing til mid-season can shove their comments up their ass

ServoBillieves
06-21-2010, 02:45 PM
I am very happy to see him back on the field. I do, though, have concerns about him re-aggrivating the leg and slowing him down...

Aside from that, it's great to see another piece in the fixing of the O-Line back.

ddaryl
06-21-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm pleasently shocked that he is back so soon.... I expected a slower return... Hopefully he is fine and he is not rushing it... We can not afford to lose him again...

patmoran2006
06-21-2010, 03:32 PM

And yes to rain on everyone's parade, I can pull countless articles on injured players and how their recovery is ahead of schedule. However, I can't remeber the last time a guy came off this level of injury and played at or better than his previous year.

So get all excited but be warned that injuries don't just magically disappear. It's a process. I am hopeful that he'll miraculously beat the odds because God knows we need him.

Maybe you're right, but according to everyone I have talked too, you'd never have known Eric Wood was ever injured if it was the first time you ever saw him on a field.

He's good to go.

madness
06-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Wood feeling good (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/06/21/wood-feeling-good/)

By Chris Brown - Posted June 21, 2010 – 3:27 pm
Eric Wood felt good after getting the chance to participate in practice Monday.
Wood said he did individual position work with his teammates for the first time since breaking his leg last season.
“I just did individual work today just within the offensive line. I’m excited to be out here and I’m ready to get back in team drills, but we’re going to take it slowly and I’m at odds with the trainers, but it’s fun,” Wood told Buffalobills.com ”We’ve had our fun in the training room now it’s time to get back out on the field and get to work with the guys. Now we’ve just got to get Demetrius going and hopefully toward the end of the week I’ll get back in some team drills.”
Wood is hopeful he can participate more extensively during minicamp later this week.

Saratoga Slim
06-21-2010, 06:23 PM

That's pretty hard to disagree with. It's great news that he's on the field already, which is indeed much better than we were told to expect. But being able to jog around doesn't mean he's necessarily going to be ready to ram his face into Vince Wilfork for 60 plays with the same enthusiasm he did before the injury. There's no way that this is bad news, but it's still going to be a while before we can be sure he's overcome the injury.

mightysimi
06-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I mean I know it looked gross but a break has to be way easier to come back from. I'm not positive but I don't think there was ligament damage which would put him out until mid-season. It's not like a sprain or a tear that he can re-aggravate. It just might be sore from lack of use. If the bone is healed he is good to go.

bflojohn
06-21-2010, 10:17 PM
After this week's minicamp, he gets another month off too! I think that his efforts to "test it" is sound reasoning for the advancement he needs to make to play those 60 plays against good ole Vince!!

BertSquirtgum
06-21-2010, 11:36 PM
this title reminds me of the movie revenge of the nerds 2. when they're stuck on the isLand and booger finds some marijuana and he yells...... " WE GOT BUSH!!!!!"

jamze132
06-22-2010, 04:25 AM
I still would have kept him off the field until training camp, but that's just me. Wood has the potential and talent to be a complete stud on the interior for years and I would hate to **** that up by getting a guy back out there too soon and having a setback or worse.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-22-2010, 04:33 AM
i think the bone is healed 100% and the muscles are getting used to working again. he should be ready to go by tc... great news!