PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Now! TUE @ 9:30: Position battle: OLBs!!

Coach Sal
06-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Tuesday night at 9:30pm!

Buffalo Bills Now!

I'll be discussing the latest on the Marshawn Lynch situation, Eric Woods' return, and we'll do position battle: OLBs!! ... Who should start? Who should go?!

I'll also fill you in on a little piece of info I received regarding the new front office and how it operates!

Don't miss it! You can watch online, participate in the live chat box, and even call the show!!

Just give it a shot if you never have....you might like it!! :)

Here's the show page to watch and participate at 9:30: http://www.justin.tv/coachsal/ (http://www.justin.tv/coachsal)

Coach Sal
06-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Right before that at 8pm, Johnny Von and I will be discussing the Albert Haynesworth situation in Washington, the Chris Johnson contract saga in Tennessee, and an 18 game regular season?!?!

On NFL Now! at 8pm!!

http://www.justin.tv/coachsal

ServoBillieves
06-21-2010, 10:38 PM
So very, very pissed off that I worked last Tuesday until 10 and now have to work again on Tuesday til 10... I'm tempted to make it part of my schedule to have Tuesday nights off.

Coach Sal
06-21-2010, 10:45 PM
So very, very pissed off that I worked last Tuesday until 10 and now have to work again on Tuesday til 10... I'm tempted to make it part of my schedule to have Tuesday nights off.

Don't worry, dude. You can just download and/or listen to the podcasts now after the shows air (within a day or so):

http://www.salsports.com/SalSports/Buffalo_Bills_Now_Podcasts/Buffalo_Bills_Now_Podcasts.html

Thanks for the love, though!!!

Coach Sal
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Hope to see everyone tonight!

8pm NFL Now!

9:30pm Bills Now!!!

Mr. Miyagi
06-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Can't make it tonight Coach. Sorry.

Thank goodness for the podcasts though!

hammerbillsfan
06-22-2010, 08:25 PM
bump! :up:

NOT THE DUDE...
06-23-2010, 05:33 AM
GREAT SHOW!

DesertFox24
06-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Can someone say what the tidbit about the front office was. I am at work and can not listen.

Coach Sal
06-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Can someone say what the tidbit about the front office was. I am at work and can not listen.

I was told that Buddy Nix basically went to every person in the organization (admin) and pretty much told them to their faces (paraphrasing) that they don't even need to worry about going to practices or anything like that, because Buddy and Chan are making all the decisions when it comes to football.

In other words, "we won't be needing any of your opinions when it comes to the football side of things."

This is a complete turnaround from what it's been at OBD the last few years, where everyone who had a title had a say in what happened, even though Russ and Dick made the final calls when it came to football stuff.

But make no mistake about it now.

This is the Buddy and Chan show!

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
that's good news. streamline the organization and let the football people deal withthe football issues. and if there are problems with the football, we know who to hold accountable.

that doesn't' mean chan and buddy are the right guys. But at least they are given full reign to hang themselves or succeed.

DesertFox24
06-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Also any word on who will start opposite Maybin. My bet is Batten or Ellis

EDS
06-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I was told that Buddy Nix basically went to every person in the organization (admin) and pretty much told them to their faces (paraphrasing) that they don't even need to worry about going to practices or anything like that, because Buddy and Chan are making all the decisions when it comes to football.

In other words, "we won't be needing any of your opinions when it comes to the football side of things."

This is a complete turnaround from what it's been at OBD the last few years, where everyone who had a title had a say in what happened, even though Russ and Dick made the final calls when it came to football stuff.

But make no mistake about it now.

This is the Buddy and Chan show!

What is the typical in the NFL? Do scouts and front office types attend practices so as to get a view of what they need to be looking for? I can't imagine it would make sense for someone other than the coach to make the calls on the practice field.

Seems odd to ban people from attending the practices though.

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 03:38 PM
What is the typical in the NFL? Do scouts and front office types attend practices so as to get a view of what they need to be looking for? I can't imagine it would make sense for someone other than the coach to make the calls on the practice field.

unless when we had the GM by committee, we had 5 different people thinking 5 different things with no one clearly in charge. then you have this varying thought bickering to a 90+ year old owner to make the final decision. That sounds awful.

To ban people from the practices is probably good to just show the meddlesome guys that its a new team with new rules.

McBFLO
06-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I like it. I'm a fan of what they're doing so far.

Coach Sal
06-23-2010, 09:43 PM

Either you're misinterpreting what I said or I didn't explain it correctly.

No one is "banned" from practice.

From what I was told, they can be there if they like, just as they would any other time.

But they don't have to, because they won't be involved in any of the decision-making that would require them to watch practice or other football-related activities.

So if they decide to show up, fine. But if they don't, that's fine, too, because their job descriptions don't depend on what happens there or giving opinions about what's going on on the field.

jamze132
06-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Nothing like a finance guy having a say-so in who starts on Sundays...

Buddo
06-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Either you're misinterpreting what I said or I didn't explain it correctly.

No one is "banned" from practice.

From what I was told, they can be there if they like, just as they would any other time.

But they don't have to, because they won't be involved in any of the decision-making that would require them to watch practice or other football-related activities.

So if they decide to show up, fine. But if they don't, that's fine, too, because their job descriptions don't depend on what happens there or giving opinions about what's going on on the field.

Which is exactly the way it should be.
It seems unfortunate that Nix has to go 'out of his way' to make that clear, but in terms of clarification, is worth the trouble.
Even this 'tidbit' won't prevent people still complaining about Overdorf etc. being involved, although it should.
Whether you think Nix is the 'right guy', or not, he's definitely acting as a 'proper' GM.