PDA

View Full Version : Full schedule is up on Sabres.com

OpIv37
06-22-2010, 11:18 AM
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

No TV schedule yet, so I don't know how many games will be on nationally for us out-of-towners too cheap to buy CI.

After the Senators game, we get 4 in a row at home, then 6 of 7 on the road.

In late Dec, we have 2 games on the WC, one game at home, then 3 more on the WC. Chalk up a win for Boston in that home game.

March looks relatively easy, so hopefully that will help the Sabres establish playoff positions.

April is rough- 5 games in 9 days, one vs the Flyers and on the road against the Caps.

Dr. Lecter
06-22-2010, 11:20 AM
WTF with the WC trip?

Usually it is done at once or at least in two trips. Not two trips with a one day trip home. That's asinine.

Well, I guess that is the NHL

Dr. Lecter
06-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Rangers at home for my birthday!

Dr. Lecter
06-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Ah.... the WC trip is broken up because of the holidays. They have 3 days off before Boston and two after, so it could have been worse.

RockStar36
06-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Just guessing, but I could see the first Monday game against Chicago being a Versus game.

RockStar36
06-22-2010, 11:28 AM
With the WC trip being broken up, I don't mind that too much.

OpIv37
06-22-2010, 11:29 AM
MOTHER ****ER.

I just realized the season opener is the same night as the rehearsal dinner for my brother's wedding.

****. Why does my family have to schedule events during prime sports season?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-22-2010, 11:30 AM
WTF with the WC trip?

Usually it is done at once or at least in two trips. Not two trips with a one day trip home. That's asinine.

Well, I guess that is the NHL

it's because of the IIHL World Junior Championships, future stars of the NHL will be in town

BlackMetalNinja
06-22-2010, 11:31 AM
WTF, this is the third straight year they don't play down here until late in the season. March 3rd and April 3rd this season. At least the 2nd one is on my birthday, that could be fun.

Dr. Lecter
06-22-2010, 11:31 AM
it's because of the IIHL World Junior Championships

That too (which I will be attending!).

But that does not explain the random home game in the middle of it all.

CuseJetsFan83
06-22-2010, 11:36 AM
it's because of the IIHL World Junior Championships, future stars of the NHL will be in town

IIHF

guess you can't get anything right without links :p

RockStar36
06-22-2010, 11:41 AM
MOTHER ****ER.

I just realized the season opener is the same night as the rehearsal dinner for my brother's wedding.

****. Why does my family have to schedule events during prime sports season?

I know what you mean.

The first thing I check is all important birthdays.

My fiance's birthday is the final regular season game of the season. I really hope that isn't an important game.

Last season I missed most of the Nashville game because I was in a wedding.

RockStar36
06-22-2010, 11:50 AM
WTF, this is the third straight year they don't play down here until late in the season. March 3rd and April 3rd this season. At least the 2nd one is on my birthday, that could be fun.

On the bright side, you do get the all-star game this year as well.

SabreEleven
06-22-2010, 12:33 PM
On the bright side, you do get the all-star game this year as well.

and you'll be able to walk up on game night and get great tickets.

BlackMetalNinja
06-22-2010, 01:04 PM
and you'll be able to walk up on game night and get great tickets.
Not at all true sadly. I actually got a call from a Hurricanes rep yesterday. NHL controls the tickets and they dish them out to their sponsors and other teams first. Whatever is left goes to the Hurricanes to distribute. Season ticket holders get first shot, then 26 game pack people, and finally 12 game pack people will get a shot at either the game or the skills competition. Anticipation is that individual tickets won't even go on sale. Unlike a Canes game that most don't care about, this will be viewed as a social outing and people will go just to be seen. I told the guy I had 0 interest in buying a ticket package since I don't like the team.

I'm going to hope I can find somebody getting rid of theirs at the last minute for some reason on craigslist, or hope I can get hooked up by some of the people I know with tickets. I have a feeling it will be infinitely more difficult than any other Hurricanes game however.

Ebenezer
06-22-2010, 04:14 PM
They play Chicago twice and both games are before October 17...who comes up with this stuff?

SabreEleven
06-22-2010, 04:27 PM
They play Chicago twice and both games are before October 17...who comes up with this stuff?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=3125