Will Trentative Suddenly Sense Pressure & Stop Staring Down Receivers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Will Trentative Suddenly Sense Pressure & Stop Staring Down Receivers ?

He may get 1st crack (and probably his last) at being the starter but I've seen RJ, Bledsoe & even Losman shine during the spring/summer workouts only to fold like a cheap tent, once the real bullets started flying.

Tentative went from holding the ball too long to just throwing dump passes and not progressing through his reads at all. He was obviously playing scared.

I would love to believe a new Gailey scheme would allow him to actually throw a ball more than 6 yards and see primary/secondary options downfield. Still, I can't help but review his recent history of headshots and poor decision making to think he would actually succeed as our QB. That would equal Lazarus rising from the dead but with the competition only being the erratic Fitzpatrick and the completely unknown Brohm, they may have few options other than to ready the rookie Brown for a future shot while picking from 3 C-,D+ candidates to play now.

I'll root for anyone wearing the laundry but proping up Edwards to me is just putting a shine on a proven turd. I can see Gailey having a quick hook if Trentative morphs back to his old habits.

Little wonder many root for a complete unknown in Brohm.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Will Trentative Suddenly Sense Pressure & Stop Staring Down Receivers ?

it really comes down to coaching IMO...

If the coaches can coach him out of those bad habits is the question.....

and we will get to find out...

I really don't see Trent as a proven turd. I view the organization and the coaching that surrounded him as the turd... Edwards get a chance ot show us it wasn't all him....

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Read my other thread.

Either way, this is the last shot for Edwards but if I'm the coach I'm still playing the best player.

Brohm is not going to win an open QB competition.

PS. Edwards is pretty high on the new WR corp. He said it's best he's worked with since he's been here.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

"New" WR corp? We added one guy- a rookie.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
          I really don't see Trent as a proven turd.
          He's more of a semi-proven turd, dd. But I agree with your general assessment. He did show some talent at one point, so a coaching change just might help him regain some of the confidence he has obviously lost. I would think that playing for Jauron was just the opposite of what a guy with a frail psyche needed.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

He should be able to progress through his reads better since Chane is interactive. Under Dick there really weren't a whole lot of choices offensively and besides, Trent wasn't the only one knowing the plays, the D did even before the snap.

Edwards also seems to be more comfortable working under Gailey than previous coach Dick Jauron.

"He's one of those guys that will call the play, step back and then want to talk with the other quarterbacks about it," Edwards said of Gailey. "So you'll see the play going in front of you and if you're not in there you can stand next to Chan and he'll tell what he's thinking on the play. And that's what's nice is that having a guy that you report to with one voice. One guy that you have to talk to is nice that you just have to report to Chan."

He's a douche. Unlike Florence ,he should know the names of the new recievers in their first week since he's throwing to them.
            "The first week it's learning their first names, the second week it's learning their last name, and then slowly you learn their numbers and all of that," said Edwards, smiling. "But those guys like I've said before are doing an incredible job. They're working hard, I like them. Every single one of them I feel like is picking up the offense very quickly. They're out there and they're not making a ton of mistakes."
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-22-2010, 11:56 AM.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Sorry, I need to see the metrics on "staring down receivers" and "sensing pressure" to do a real analysis.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

I like Daryl's point!

Losman and Evans were tight. They still hang out together. Evans was a vocal supporter of Losman, not Edwards. This is just one example of a team that has had some kind of little in fighting, territory BS going on. Players shouldn't be running the team.

I think Gailey isn't going to give two craps what the media or Evans or any other player thinks.

If Edwards gets the nod I beleive Gailey is going to stick with him and not worry about his job.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Hardy was still coming off an injury, Johnson had limited reps, Easley is new, etc., etc. etc.

Go to bb.com, it's on their.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Roosevelt and Jones - while UDFAs - are still new. And the other guys mentioned got very little work under Jauron, who apparently thought young guys had leprosy or something equally hideous.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      Roosevelt and Jones - while UDFAs - are still new. And the other guys mentioned got very little work under Jauron, who apparently thought young guys had leprosy or something equally hideous.
                      you can count Spiller too. As long as Lynch is with the team, I think Spiller will be used a lot in the passing game.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        Hardy was still coming off an injury, Johnson had limited reps, Easley is new, etc., etc. etc.

Go to bb.com, it's on their.
                        You might be able to make a case for Hardy. Johnson had limited reps because he didn't earn them.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          or maybe those young guys simply did nothing to deserve a shot. We won't know until they play, but I do know that Hardy looked awful in his very limited opportunities on the field.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

And Roosevelt is this year's Rudy story- an underdog liked by fans who ends up doing nothing. There is one every year- Drew Haddad and Constantin Ritzman come immediately to mind.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

And Roosevelt is this year's Rudy story- an underdog liked by fans who ends up doing nothing. There is one every year- Drew Haddad and Constantin Ritzman come immediately to mind.
                              last year it was Stevie Johnson.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X