PDA

View Full Version : Plekanec off the market

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Bob McKenzie (TSN) reporting Tomas Plekanec has agreed to terms with MTL on a multi-year deal worth an estimated $5 million per year.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-22-2010, 03:36 PM
see, that's why they traded Halak to St. Louis so they would have room to sign Plekanec

DMBcrew36
06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Hmmm Horton and Plekanec both off the market now

Good luck Darcy

RockStar36
06-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Hmmm Horton and Plekanec both off the market now

Good luck Darcy

:rofl:

Last I looked, there are more than just those 2 guys. Horton was spotty at best anyways. The best part of a Horton trade would've been unloading Connolly, not acquiring Horton.

DMBcrew36
06-22-2010, 09:19 PM
:rofl:

Last I looked, there are more than just those 2 guys. Horton was spotty at best anyways. The best part of a Horton trade would've been unloading Connolly, not acquiring Horton.

Half of my comment was sincere - I think Boston got way better, which puts pressure on us in the division - while the other half was tongue-in-cheek in honor of all the Sabres fans who think Darcy sucks and the Sabres stink unless they swing top names.

I do think Plekanec would've been a good pick up, though.

OpIv37
06-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Well, clearly Darcy never had a shot at Plekanec so he can't be faulted on that one.

He may or may not have had a shot at Horton- I'd care less if he didn't end up in the division for a defenseman thought to be a scrub by his own fan base.

Either way, it's two fewer players available, so even if it's not Darcy's fault, it certainly makes his job harder.

SabreEleven
06-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Well, clearly Darcy never had a shot at Plekanec so he can't be faulted on that one.

He may or may not have had a shot at Horton- I'd care less if he didn't end up in the division for a defenseman thought to be a scrub by his own fan base.

Either way, it's two fewer players available, so even if it's not Darcy's fault, it certainly makes his job harder.

and it will help with the excuses...

SkateZilla
06-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Yet Im still unsigned, whats the world coming to!

OpIv37
06-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Yet Im still unsigned, whats the world coming to!

I heard Darcy was going to offer you a tryout but the lawyers wouldn't let him because they were afraid you'd hurt yourself rollerblading on the ice.

SkateZilla
06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
I heard Darcy was going to offer you a tryout but the lawyers wouldn't let him because they were afraid you'd hurt yourself rollerblading on the ice.

They are afraid of me... muahahahahahahahahahaha.

I skate on ice just fine thanks.

Darcy is afraid of the SEND button on the fax machine, it haunts him in his sleep. he put a peice of hockey tape over it that reads "DO NO PRESS!"