X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Breaking Down Buffalo's Fourth-Quarter Failures Since 2006

If you have a week stomach, I'd suggest not reading until your breakfast is digested.

Breaking Down Buffalo's Fourth-Quarter Failures Since 2006
    One of the biggest gripes surrounding the Dick Jauron era of the Buffalo Bills was the team's inability to win close games. Buffalo suffered defeat in so many fourth-quarter collapses that it became ritualistic for fans to expect the worse once the final 15 minutes of a game began.
    buffalorumblings.com/Brian Galliford | Posted at 09:36 AM
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Breaking Down Buffalo's Fourth-Quarter Failures Since 2006

This comment just about sums it up...

It was… but how pathetic is it that the best win under Jauron was a comeback, last second FG, at home, to Jamarcus Russell… lol

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

nice article. i actually thought the numbers looked better than what i expeceted. pathetic i know.

I didn't like jauron much when he was hear, but since he's gone, the stories an the displeasure the players had, it drives me crazy. we pissed away 4 years for nothing.

i'm still smarming over how bad his drafts were. The 2008 draft class has mckelvin and most of everyone else is totally uslesss or already cut. pathetic.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

This is a tell tale sign of piss poor conditioning.

And many of our injuries we're also a product of our craptastic conditioning. Being out of breathe and tired leaves a player vulnerable.

no surprises here at all, and as for a weak stomach... if anything I've become callous

Comment

• THRILLHO
          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
          • Feb 2009

Just when I thought I had forgotten about that Monday Night Dallas game....
          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Those walk thru's were golden in the 4th qtr. Not to mention those TV in the weights room surely helped.
            Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-23-2010, 09:34 AM.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

The grammatical mistakes in this thread are mind boggling...

This team has been so hard to watch over the past few years. Any lead by less than 14 points or less felt like it was almost guaranteed to be a loss. Let's hope the "Bend don't break" defense we've seen the past few years can turn in to a wall.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

Why would you do this to yourself and us?

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  nice article. i actually thought the numbers looked better than what i expeceted. pathetic i know.

I didn't like jauron much when he was hear, but since he's gone, the stories an the displeasure the players had, it drives me crazy. we pissed away 4 years for nothing.

i'm still smarming over how bad his drafts were. The 2008 draft class has mckelvin and most of everyone else is totally uslesss or already cut. pathetic.
                  I heard Vic Carucci on the Shredd & Ragan show say that the trade of Peters to the Eagles was Jaurons doing as well. He did not want to put up with Peters *****. Vic said Chan would not deal with Lynch the same way. Lynch will have to buy into Chans program because he won't be traded.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Dick set this team up for failure year in, year out. At least now we can being the healing process.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I expected much worse.

That being said, a simple breakdown of wins vs losses doesn't tell the entire story, as the offense pretty much consistently looked like dead, rotting ass even in the victories.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• dannyek71
                        Drink Responsibly
                        • Dec 2004

Wow, as if I already didn't have enough reasons to drink.
                        [

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Clock management was a HUGE reason we couldn't close games out.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Lack of talent and the offense failing to maintain drives is why we lost games late.

When you have an obvious talent gap in a tight game, the team with more talent comes out on top. And if you cannot control the clock and have long time eating drives well you turn back to your already tired D.

Lots of bad football teams can stay in games til the 4th quarter. Once you get there you can see the difference between a good football team and a poor football team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

One of the few Dick apologist left behind.

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              Lack of talent and the offense failing to maintain drives is why we lost games late.

When you have an obvious talent gap in a tight game, the team with more talent comes out on top. And if you cannot control the clock and have long time eating drives well you turn back to your already tired D.

Lots of bad football teams can stay in games til the 4th quarter. Once you get there you can see the difference between a good football team and a poor football team.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X