PDA

View Full Version : Losman to see playtime in Seattle?

BillsWin
06-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Rumors are flying out of Seattle that Losman is a more ready QB than Whitehurst. Here is a link to the Tacoma News bit. Judging by Hassleback's age and injury history, I'd say Losman has a shot to see playtime this year.

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Charlie_Whitehurst/1002683

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3623

The Tacoma News Tribune believes J.P. Losman is "far closer to being a game-ready productive quarterback" than Charlie Whitehurst.

I wish him the best of luck.

The Spaz
06-23-2010, 11:36 AM
That's good but will he play well? I doubt it.

justasportsfan
06-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Here we go again. :tired:

DraftBoy
06-23-2010, 11:41 AM
None of this matters if Hasselback stays healthy. Losman is still going to be a backup.

feldspar
06-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Tell you the truth, the Seahawks gave up so much for Whitehurst that I don't see him not playing if Hasselbeck goes down. To get Whitehurst, the Seahawks traded second round picks with San Diego this year (not a small thing), and they also gave up a third round pick next year.

Hell, if Whitehurst isn't ready now, I'm not sure when he will be. He's going into his fifth season in the NFL.

Philagape
06-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Wow Whitehurst must be worse than awful

ddaryl
06-23-2010, 11:53 AM
well I'll be rooting for him to do well....

it would serve as a judgement of how pathetic Jauron was if Seattle can get a few miles out of him.

Ron Burgundy
06-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow Whitehurst must be worse than awful

That's what I'm thinking. He wasn't that great at Clemson, either.

Maybe we'll sign him after he gets cut and put on the practice squad next year. SAVIOR!

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
i think this all points to how overhyped pete carroll is. he's made two trades this year and both guys suck too much? Lendale white is off the team and losman is ahead of whitehurst, it seems like the guy has no idea what he's doing.

If the bills had two trades where they gave up picks and one guy is off the team and the other is being pushed by a UFL QB, i think we'd all be saying, "here we go again."

Dying_-2-_Live
06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
If Losman plays...and plays well...
We are going to be hysterically laughed at :(

justasportsfan
06-23-2010, 12:11 PM
we're already being laughed at. What else is new?

The last buffalo fan
06-23-2010, 12:11 PM

I'll be praying for that to happen! :up:

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 12:13 PM
we're already being laughed at. What else is new?

he said hysterically...currently its just snickers.

justasportsfan
06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
he said hysterically...currently its just snickers.

I'm still :roflmao:

ddaryl
06-23-2010, 12:17 PM
i think this all points to how overhyped pete carroll is. he's made two trades this year and both guys suck too much? Lendale white is off the team and losman is ahead of whitehurst, it seems like the guy has no idea what he's doing.

shall we revist Pete's last stint in the NFL

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 12:24 PM
shall we revist Pete's last stint in the NFL

exactly....he was good at USC because they got top flight talent at every position. and when he had to coach them to victories against other good teams,they struggled.

If i was pete carroll, i would have taken the USC fines and suspensions, stayed in sunny cal, win 10 gams a season, get a bowl victory and send his superstars to NFL teams.

It's telling how many of his players aren't really well prepared for the NFL at this pace.

Carroll will be out of the NFL in 3 years and he won't get a chance to come back. and i will trully laugh if he gets stuck at some bumpkin town or some awful weather climate. He reached his pinnacle at USC and he should have stayed.

TacklingDummy
06-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Lynch to Seattle for Losman and a 3rd rounder.

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 12:26 PM
also, if losman was screwed by bad coaching here, i don't think it's going to help him in seattle. look at matt leinart. he's losman 2.0. and he came from carroll.

Ron Burgundy
06-23-2010, 12:42 PM
exactly....he was good at USC because they got top flight talent at every position. and when he had to coach them to victories against other good teams,they struggled.

If i was pete carroll, i would have taken the USC fines and suspensions, stayed in sunny cal, win 10 gams a season, get a bowl victory and send his superstars to NFL teams.

It's telling how many of his players aren't really well prepared for the NFL at this pace.

Carroll will be out of the NFL in 3 years and he won't get a chance to come back. and i will trully laugh if he gets stuck at some bumpkin town or some awful weather climate. He reached his pinnacle at USC and he should have stayed.

Not to mention all the drugs and the young 'tang he was slaying.

Petey had the adoration of thousands, wine, women, blow, weed, and sunshine. Livin' the dream, and ****ed it up because he got sloppy with his recruiting. He's a ****ing idiot.

better days
06-23-2010, 12:47 PM

The thing is even if he fails in Seattle, he got paid a boatload of money.

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 02:21 PM
he's football guy though. he wants to be coaching for a while. he was as burgandy said, swimming in a great life.

to go make an extra buck in seattle and avoid responsibility for the scouting issues.

Mr. Miyagi
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Here we go again. :tired:
It's like how we still talked about Flutie after he went to SD.

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
i get the sense that justa wants the losman stuff to play all under the radar so if he fails, no one talks about it and if he succeeds we can get a healthy does of i told you so.

for the record, i remain bearish on losman being a servicable QB in this league.

justasportsfan
06-23-2010, 03:46 PM
i get the sense that justa wants the losman stuff to play all under the radar so if he fails, no one talks about it and if he succeeds we can get a healthy does of i told you so.

for the record, i remain bearish on losman being a servicable QB in this league.

WTH are you talking about? Your post is gay and a douche.

Don't make this about me trap. You can say whatever it is you want about JP but don't turn it around and put words in my mouth. Don't turn your hatred for the guy and spin it towards me.

You're the one who tries to keep yapping about Losman around here even when people are talking about Parrish. How many posts have I made about JP in this thread compared to you?

You want a told you so? You said JP would never make it back to the NFL. YOU WERE WRONG!!!

Typ0
06-23-2010, 03:49 PM
here we go again.

mightysimi
06-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Well Seattle fans will see the second he is asked to do anything other than an 80 yard bomb.

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 04:35 PM
his backers say that he was mishandled...which he may verywell may have been.

my point is that pete carroll is a terrible coach. He hasn't gotten other players ready for the NFL and now he is supposed to lead an NFL team. That doesn't bode well for losman.

As bills fans we know how badly it hurts to miss big time in a draft and how long of an impact it has. The seahawks gave away three choices for 2 players. 1 of which is off the team and was coached by carroll prior and the other is being pushed by a UFL star. If you don't think that means major problems for seattle's competitiveness in the upcoming years.

Justa, i said that to just rile you up. I knew the parrish comparison would get you going as well. it's true, that guy was blindly making a case for Parrish the way other defended losman. And parrish also could be a system of being on a really badly coached team. but i think parrish's faults are bigger than just the coaching. There were similarities.

I didn't think you'd take it so personally. And for the record, i did keep it about carroll primarily in this thread.

djjimkelly
06-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Lynch to Seattle for Losman and a 3rd rounder.

lmao td if it happens u must get homerishly behind him lol

better days
06-23-2010, 06:22 PM
his backers say that he was mishandled...which he may verywell may have been.

my point is that pete carroll is a terrible coach. He hasn't gotten other players ready for the NFL and now he is supposed to lead an NFL team. That doesn't bode well for losman.

As bills fans we know how badly it hurts to miss big time in a draft and how long of an impact it has. The seahawks gave away three choices for 2 players. 1 of which is off the team and was coached by carroll prior and the other is being pushed by a UFL star. If you don't think that means major problems for seattle's competitiveness in the upcoming years.

Justa, i said that to just rile you up. I knew the parrish comparison would get you going as well. it's true, that guy was blindly making a case for Parrish the way other defended losman. And parrish also could be a system of being on a really badly coached team. but i think parrish's faults are bigger than just the coaching. There were similarities.

I didn't think you'd take it so personally. And for the record, i did keep it about carroll primarily in this thread.

And as I said before, Seattle paid a boatload of money for Pete. The Chan hire is looking pretty good to me about now (Hope I feel the same at the end of the season).

TacklingDummy
06-23-2010, 06:29 PM
lmao td if it happens u must get homerishly behind him lol
Considering the junk the Bills have behind center, I'd be all for the king of the trash heap.

justasportsfan
06-23-2010, 08:21 PM

.riiiight. You keep talking about JP because you are trying to get me going and not because you despise the guy. How could I not see that ? :rolleyes:

Mkay! Move on.

It's about TE vs. Brohm

YardRat
06-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Nobody has ever accused Pete Carroll of being smart.

trapezeus
06-24-2010, 07:00 AM
riight,and you think Losman is now a success because he got back as a 3rd string on a poorly coached team. you have love for the guy.

I don't like too many ex bills players who set us years behind by not being good enough. his pick and what we gave up for him is why the last 5 years have sucked as much as they have. it's part of the overall problem.

That stink will permantly be on him forever.

I hope for yoursake he does well in seattle.

acehole
06-24-2010, 09:09 AM

too late

HHURRICANE
06-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I have spent some time with Losman last year. He's a nice KID, and I stress the word kid.

I wish him nothing but success. I think the longer he stays in the league and pads his bank account the better.

I don't think he's got some unlocked talent that we have yet to see.

I do think he was poorly handeled and Donohe should still be shot for every stupid pick. The guys was a frickin ego-manaic.

justasportsfan
06-24-2010, 09:46 AM
riight,and you think Losman is now a success because he got back as a 3rd string on a poorly coached team. you have love for the guy..
lol. Where did I ever say he's successful? Show me. You can't.

Just because you got caught sticking your foot up your mouth when you made that prediction that he'd never end up back in the NFL doesn't mean you have to put words in my mouth.

I have love for the guy even though I don't bring him up like you do? Another douche post from you.

I don't like too many ex bills players who set us years behind by not being good enough. his pick and what we gave up for him is why the last 5 years have sucked as much as they have. it's part of the overall problem. .That stink will permantly be on him forever.
thats not his fault. He didn't force himself into the team. He was drafted. You also admitted that coaching did play a part in his failures.

Heaven forbid should Trent fail this year, you'll be bringing up his name trashing him when he isn't the subject because he's setting this franchise years back. I doubt it though. I don't think you hate Trent unlike JP.

TDummy doesn't even talk about JP as much as you do.

I hope for yoursake he does well in seattle.
Why? I don't care what happens to JP. Unlike you I didn't make foolish predictions. If anyone should have any interest on how he does, that would be you. If he ends up making the team and ends up starting, that would make your foolish prediction into a dumb one.

For your sake, you better hope he fails or get over him. He's gone. Move on. Since you obviously haven't realized it yet, it's TE vs. Brohm vs. Fitz already.

trapezeus
06-24-2010, 09:52 AM
trent didn't cost us a boat load of picks that left our team with holes everywhere else. he came in with less expectation. He still has this year to be a bill which requires some level of support early in the season.

You are so easily set off by losman. it's awesome. Again, for the record losman made it back to the raiders (a team either one of us could make at this point) and the seahawks (a team whose coaching just throws darts in the dark as evidenced by his trades). hell of a return to the NFL.

k-oneputt
06-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Every qb in Buffalo for the last dozen years has been mishandled by the incompetent front office and coaching staff.
Starting when Donahoe got rid of Bledsoe a year early and threw Losman into the lineup before he was ready.

Philagape
06-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Again, for the record losman made it back to the raiders (a team either one of us could make at this point) and the seahawks (a team whose coaching just throws darts in the dark as evidenced by his trades). hell of a return to the NFL.

And this year the Raiders decided to sign Kyle Boller and re-sign Charlie Frye instead. The humiliations continue.

acehole
06-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Well Seattle fans will see the second he is asked to do anything other than an 80 yard bomb.

pete carrols offence is a lot of 80 yard bombs.

justasportsfan
06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
trent didn't cost us a boat load of picks that left our team with holes everywhere else. he came in with less expectation.. It's JP's fault that the bills traded up for him ? :roflmao: You should be hating on TD for doing that, not the player.

You are so easily set off by losman. it's awesome. Again, for the record losman made it back to the raiders (a team either one of us could make at this point) and the seahawks (a team whose coaching just throws darts in the dark as evidenced by his trades). hell of a return to the NFL.

Haha! You're the one who keeps bringin him up and then you're trying to turn it into "I'm just tring to rile you up". You already admitted several times you dislike the guy which is why you keep talking about him. You're hate is freaky.

I don't care how or who he's playing for. YOU WERE WRONG! :snicker:

hey trap , let me give you a clue...... move on.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=193014

trapezeus
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
i was wrong? You seem to think he can rebound and be a player in this league. i'm saying coaching didn't do him any favors but he is a bum. Yes, someone else drafted him, but he could have worked harder, he could have been more than a one trick pony that couldn't even do that trick all that consistently.

The freaky thing is that you need to defend him. i think we're all on board with he was the wrong guy at the wrong time. Yes, i hate watching him regress to the point that he woudl single handedly lose games for him.

I hear Bruce Mathison needing some defense, justa. Let me know what your feelings are on him.

And just cause trent isn't doing well, doesn't mean he still isn't light years ahead of losman. one guy is competing for a starting job, the other is the 3rd seat.

justasportsfan
06-24-2010, 11:49 AM
i was wrong?. yes you were!!!

You seem to think he can rebound and be a player in this league.. where did I say that? More crap from you as usual. Putting words in my mouth again just because you stuck your foot in your mouth.

The freaky thing is that you need to defend him. I defended him? I didn't defend him or say anything other than "here we go again" . Yet in your head thats defending that you called me out and tell me what I'm thinking? Not only did you suck at making a prediction and now you're a mind reader. :snicker:

I hear Bruce Mathison needing some defense, justa. Let me know what your feelings are on him... I don't have to tell you anything since you are a mind reader :roflmao:

And just cause trent isn't doing well, doesn't mean he still isn't light years ahead of losman. one guy is competing for a starting job, the other is the 3rd seat.

and??? You're still stuck with the Trent vs. JP thing. You can't move on which is why to try to drag what you think are my thoughts on the situation.

Trap, get a clue http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=193014

trapezeus
06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
the method in how you process information is amazing.

justasportsfan
06-24-2010, 12:15 PM
the method in how you process information is amazing.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=193014

Mr. Pink
06-24-2010, 02:26 PM
It's JP's fault that the bills traded up for him ? :roflmao: You should be hating on TD for doing that, not the player.

It is JPs fault that he didn't have the mental acumen to play successfully in this league.

And it's TDs fault for moving up to get the guy as well as the scouting departments fault - mostly the same guys we still have now - for obviously backing that idea.

Mr. Miyagi
06-24-2010, 02:50 PM
HOLD ON! BUT HERE'S THE QUESTION!!!

RJ or Fluite??

GO!

justasportsfan
06-24-2010, 02:56 PM
HOLD ON! BUT HERE'S THE QUESTION!!!

RJ or Fluite??

GO!

Hobert!