PDA

View Full Version : Byfuglien going from Stanley Cup to hockey hell

RockStar36
06-23-2010, 04:52 PM
This is a guy would've looked good in blue & gold.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325488

Nighthawk
06-23-2010, 06:01 PM
This is a guy would've looked good in blue & gold.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325488

Is anybody even sure that Darcy isn't sleeping? I'd hate to wake him up from his nap.

Ground Chuck
06-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Hawks dumping big cap numbers.

G Wolly
06-23-2010, 06:46 PM
He's one of my favorites in the whole league.

I'm surprised.

User Manuel
06-23-2010, 07:56 PM
They just cleared a ton of cap room. Atlanta also gave up a pretty darned good player in Morin. They also get a 1 and 2. Pretty good deal.

From buffalo's standpoint that would have equated to giving up Kassian and a 1 and 2. I don't think fans would have loved that as much when you loked close, plus the cap hit for Sopel would have ben really tought to swallow.

SkateZilla
06-23-2010, 08:20 PM
i wanna wear blue and gold dammit!

THATHURMANATOR
06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
He's one of my favorites in the whole league.

I'm surprised.
I am not surprised at all. It was a forgone conclusion he would be gone.

I was really hoping the Sabres would have made a move for him.

trapezeus
06-23-2010, 11:28 PM
They just cleared a ton of cap room. Atlanta also gave up a pretty darned good player in Morin. They also get a 1 and 2. Pretty good deal.

From buffalo's standpoint that would have equated to giving up Kassian and a 1 and 2. I don't think fans would have loved that as much when you loked close, plus the cap hit for Sopel would have ben really tought to swallow.

my question is what is the sabres real take ont his team? Are they really selling us that we are close to a stanley cup run? If so, we need to part with some young talent to make that run. if that's their view, they need to get guys like byuf...

but if they think we are still a ways off, then its status quo and pray that we can put a run together. but we already know this team as is, is too soft for the playoffs.

They need to get connolly off the books by july 1st. that'll show us they care just a little.

User Manuel
06-24-2010, 09:51 AM
my question is what is the sabres real take ont his team? Are they really selling us that we are close to a stanley cup run? If so, we need to part with some young talent to make that run. if that's their view, they need to get guys like byuf...

but if they think we are still a ways off, then its status quo and pray that we can put a run together. but we already know this team as is, is too soft for the playoffs.

They need to get connolly off the books by july 1st. that'll show us they care just a little.

I think this team is right about where they were when they added Drury, I dont think this is a blow it up situation, I think it is a prudent add situation. They have to give something up and I am betting a deal or deals centering around a top prospect, Connolly and Chris Butler/Sekera is likely to happen. I think Butler and Sekera carry a value to GMs who like their upside and I am willing to bet Connolly could be moved for picks.

I could see the following take place.

Connolly for a 2nd 4th and future pick. Butler, a guy like Luke Adam or Enroth and one or some of those picks to someone for a centerman Buffalo likes plus a 3rd liner.

Some names I think could be targeted:

Gilbert Brule, Patrick O'Sullivan from Edmonton
Joe Pavelski from San Jose
Brandon Dubinsky Rangers
Alex Steen or Patrick Berglund - St. Louis

I wouldn't be shocked to see Kaberle end up here for a lot less than people think as well.

DraftBoy
06-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Do you have to call it hockey hell? They may not have a good or even decent fan base but the 16 fans they do have are either rabid or drunk at all times during the game.

trapezeus
06-24-2010, 12:29 PM
pavelski is off the blocks as of today. sharks resigned him.

User Manuel
06-24-2010, 12:40 PM
San Jose gave some big contracts to him and Marleau. I am not surprised they resigned him.....it is going to be interesting where they go from here.

SabreEleven
06-24-2010, 01:14 PM
The fax machine is broke again at HSBC.

Philagape
06-24-2010, 05:22 PM
The new coach in hockey hell: Craig Ramsay

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jEUzLwBCQCV7dfcDQOUMK3-ufnEQD9GHTGK80