PDA

View Full Version : So we have the best goalie in the league with Miller and the ROTY in Myers

OpIv37
06-24-2010, 12:15 PM
And yet, we can't get out of the first round of the ****ing playoffs.

Maybe now Darcy and Larry will wake up and realize how many soft players we have around them.

I know, this is nothing new. But with this much talent being recognized league-wide, it should be obvious that some of the so-called "core" guys on this team aren't getting the job done. Now is the time of year that changes can be made and I'm hoping it actually happens this time around.

trapezeus
06-24-2010, 12:26 PM
the sabres need to come to terms with whether they are close and need a piece or two or if they are light years away.

by doing nothing, they are talking out of both sides of their mouth. They tell we are close, but then don't give us any tools to get better results. yet they want us to wait for gerbe and ennis to develop.

If they want to make a serious run next year, gerbe, ennis, and some other prospects have to be on the auction block to get some proven big time players.

i worry that they want to just ride the current roster and pray that it works to the ECF and clap that they did better.

jamze132
06-25-2010, 01:46 AM
We could really, really use a top scoring C.

Wolffman
06-25-2010, 09:41 AM
the sabres need to come to terms with whether they are close and need a piece or two or if they are light years away.

by doing nothing, they are talking out of both sides of their mouth. They tell we are close, but then don't give us any tools to get better results. yet they want us to wait for gerbe and ennis to develop.

If they want to make a serious run next year, gerbe, ennis, and some other prospects have to be on the auction block to get some proven big time players.

i worry that they want to just ride the current roster and pray that it works to the ECF and clap that they did better.

If they trade Ennis, they're insane. You have to keep that guy. Trading him to get a "proven big time player" means your trading a cheap prospect with incredible potential for some near 30s star who is probably past his prime and wants 7mil a year.

They need to go out and get a center and a few defensemen. That's all we need. We don't need to blow up our team and trade away all of our prospects. We have the best goalie in the game, a top 10 defenseman and a (when healthy) a top 10 winger in Vanek. We just won our division last year. This team is good, they just need to fill in some of the pieces. Prospects like Ennis and Kassian are some of those pieces.