PDA

View Full Version : Sharks Re-sign Marleau and Pavelski

RockStar36
06-24-2010, 01:11 PM
This should be good for getting people all riled up at Darcy.

Marleau, who would have become an unrestricted free agent on July 1st, has agreed to a four-year deal worth $6.9 million per year, while Pavelski, a restricted free agent, has also agreed to a four-year contract, one that will pay him $4 million per year.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325564

OpIv37
06-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Marleau
Pavelski
Horton
Plekanic
Byfleugin

All off the market already. Granted, 3 of those guys resigned with their current teams so Darcy had no real shot at them anyway. However, like I said in another thread, it certainly doesn't make his job any easier. Fewer guys on the market drives up competition and prices.

RockStar36
06-24-2010, 01:37 PM
3 of the 5 guys were in my top 10 forwards for the Sabres to go after. I need to publish the blog before it gets completely ruined.

For what it's worth, there are plenty of others available though. Seeing Marleau get 6.9 makes me glad Buffalo didn't give him that kind of money. That's a steep price.

OpIv37
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
3 of the 5 guys were in my top 10 forwards for the Sabres to go after. I need to publish the blog before it gets completely ruined.

For what it's worth, there are plenty of others available though. Seeing Marleau get 6.9 makes me glad Buffalo didn't give him that kind of money. That's a steep price.

We'd be able to eat the $6.9 if we weren't giving Vanek $7 million a year to do nothing.

/soapbox