PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn likes the Jets

Mr. Miyagi
06-25-2010, 07:38 AM
He's pushing all the buttons now.

After a Thursday minicamp practice, Lynch gushed not about his own team, but about the New York Jets.

"I'm probably not supposed to say that, but I'm excited to see what the Jets are going to do (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/24505/lynch-excited-to-see-how-good-jets-will-be)," Lynch told Tim Graham of ESPN.com. "I'm real excited."

"Now that's a team that I'm going to pick and play with on Madden," Lynch said. "That's real talk."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/marshawn-lynch-likes-the-jets/

Mr. Miyagi
06-25-2010, 07:39 AM
I still wanted him on the team up until right now.

Trade the mf-er to Cleveland for a 6th, and let him rot there for the rest of his career. :mad:

Jan Reimers
06-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Who cares what he says? I'm only interested in what he does on the field.

trapezeus
06-25-2010, 07:47 AM

Trade the mf-er to Cleveland for a 6th, and let him rot there for the rest of his career. :mad:

or just keep him here and let him rot on our roster.

We are top 5 bad right now...and he's third on the depth chart. the other guys, including bell have better attitudes which should at least translate to them knowing their playbook better. He's got a couple years on his contract. by the time that's over and he has 3 years of crap performance and possibly one lost year due to a work stoppage, he'll be past his prime money making years.

THATHURMANATOR
06-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Who cares what he says? The guy is a big madden player. The Jets are going to be great in Madden.

ddaryl
06-25-2010, 07:57 AM

I care what the puke has to say. He obviously is pushing buttons to get his trade or release. That is very obvious.

If Meshawn was working his ass off to be the best RB he could be I might look the other way... but the fact he is a classic inner city thug loser, who is now trying to manipulate a situation because he needs to have his ego coddled, I am all for doing whatever we can to waste his career..

His loser mentality should be met with an equal screw job

mybills
06-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Exactly! And from what I'm reading from Chris Brown, he's tearing it up. :up:

ddaryl
06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Exactly! And from what I'm reading from Chris Brown, he's tearing it up. :up:

yep with the 3rd stingers in no contact OTA's. He is not being offered any 1st or 2nd team reps

and Browns job is to put a positive spin on things when he can.

puhlease.... he isn't tearing anything up.... and regardless he is still a mental midget... You don't tell Bills fans your excited about one of your AFC East rivals...

HHURRICANE
06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
I think that was taken out of context.

THATHURMANATOR
06-25-2010, 08:34 AM
I guarantee it was. They know he is a huge madden player. They probably asked him who his team would be in the game.

This town is so strange. They latch onto players and despise them like the player banged their girlfriend. I dont get it.

ddaryl
06-25-2010, 08:35 AM

after everything we witnessed from this guy all offseason and the last couple of years... Do you really think he was taken out of context.....

if it wasn't for the track record I might believe that...

HHURRICANE
06-25-2010, 08:37 AM
after everything we witnessed from this guy all offseason and the last couple of years... Do you really think he was taken out of context.....

if it wasn't for the track record I might believe that...

I agree with Thurm.

mayotm
06-25-2010, 08:38 AM
I think that was taken out of context.I'm not one to stick up for Lynch, but I think you're right. I didn't read nor hear the question Lynch was asked, but I'm specualting it was a specific question about Madden. In which case, I don't care what team he likes in Madden.

Jan Reimers
06-25-2010, 08:42 AM
I believe a lot of you put way too much importance on peripheral things, like Madden ratings, PFT stuff, what players say, etc. Lighten up a bit, folks.

RockStar36
06-25-2010, 08:43 AM
For those all fired up, please actually read the article on ESPN.

Lynch says he wants to see what the Jets will do on Madden and that the Jets will be his team on Madden.

What's the big deal? He's not allowed to play with another team in a video game?

Lighten up people.

wmoz11
06-25-2010, 09:03 AM
If anyone would have clicked on the article and read the rest, he goes on to say that watching the Bills will be "beautiful" this year, regardless of him being 1st or 5th on the depth chart.

justasportsfan
06-25-2010, 09:22 AM
If I played MAdden I'd pick the jets too.

mikemac2001
06-25-2010, 09:27 AM
U guys are stupid

Calm the f down

djjimkelly
06-25-2010, 09:30 AM
how bad the bills are is one of the main reasons i havent bought madden the last couple years

ddaryl
06-25-2010, 09:53 AM
didn't read the article... But I don't care what context you put it in... You do not say you like the Jets Partriots or Dolphins for any reason. Madden who the hell cares... the Jets are the enemy.

I just hate Marshawn Lynch and it starts with his refusal to show up here after his 2 significant off field incidences and last years suspension... I fully expect him to let us down if he gets playing time.

I can't respect this guy, and I don't....

My hatred for him will increase with every friggin stupid ting he says

billz83
06-25-2010, 10:17 AM
aint nuttin wrong with that..he just being STRAIGHT UP..and the JETS are doing all the right things unlike this team..he plays madden and the jets are going to be real good ALSO unlike the bills..and plus anyone who plays with the bills almost always makes trades or does SUMTHING to make the team HALF playable..if not ull end up breaking ur PS3! if the bills did even HALF of what the jets did we would be successful.

ChristopherWalken
06-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Bottom line is until this guy produces on the field he will remain under the microscope and everything he says will be taken out of context.

DraftBoy
06-25-2010, 10:52 AM
For those all fired up, please actually read the article on ESPN.

Lynch says he wants to see what the Jets will do on Madden and that the Jets will be his team on Madden.

What's the big deal? He's not allowed to play with another team in a video game?

Lighten up people.

No damnit, he can only ever answer the Bills! EVER!!

justasportsfan
06-25-2010, 10:54 AM
No damnit, he can only ever answer the Bills! EVER!!

any other answer will make him a thug.

DraftBoy
06-25-2010, 10:58 AM
any other answer will make him a thug.

and a racist!

RockStar36
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
didn't read the article... But I don't care what context you put it in... You do not say you like the Jets Partriots or Dolphins for any reason. Madden who the hell cares... the Jets are the enemy.

I just hate Marshawn Lynch and it starts with his refusal to show up here after his 2 significant off field incidences and last years suspension... I fully expect him to let us down if he gets playing time.

I can't respect this guy, and I don't....

My hatred for him will increase with every friggin stupid ting he says

Fans hate the Jets. Rivalries are mostly with the fans.

Players don't have a sense for that since they usually move from team to team every few years.

TacklingDummy
06-25-2010, 12:30 PM

I'm starting to think the Bills should keep him and never let him see the field. That would be better punishment. He'll never get a big contract after being on the bench for the rest of his time in Buffalo.

feldspar
06-25-2010, 01:08 PM
didn't read the article...

LOL, you didn't read the article, yet you write FOUR posts about it?

He didn't say that he likes the Jets (except in Madden), he's just excited to see what they do this year with all their offseason moves. So am I.

He also said this about the players they got and released:

"They are taking some risks," Lynch said. "Hopefully the risks they take are going to pay off for us. But that's going to be something fun to watch."

He's a football fan. Everyone is curious to see what happens with the Jets this year. I'm excited to see what happens with every single team this year, but that doesn't mean I'm not a Bills fan. I'm as big of a Bills fan as they come. He talked about Madden.

What vexes me is why Tim Graham would write an article like this...it just adds fuel to the fire for people that don't read between the lines, want to find any excuse to hate on Marshawn, or just don't even read the friggin' article.

feldspar
06-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Bottom line is until this guy produces on the field he will remain under the microscope and everything he says will be taken out of context.

The ironic part is that Lynch was the only person on the offense that did anything on offense when the Bills played the Jets the second time. He averaged 10 yards per carry and a TD, yet the Bills only gave him SIX carries. Jackson had over twice the carries and averaged under 2.4 yards per carry. Fitzpatrick went 9 out of 23 for 98 yards and an INT. We only lost by six points.

Lynch really can't win. If he says what's on his mind, it'll be taken out of context somehow. If he toes the company line and talks like a politician, saying things while not saying anything, people would hate that...Jauron was the master of that speak. If he keeps his mouth shut, people will ***** about THAT. And why? Because of a traffic accident and being busted with a gun in his trunk, something people do all the time legally...something he could have arranged to do legally.

He's still the person everyone liked a couple of years ago.

SCHERER
06-26-2010, 07:36 AM
That's odd. I figured he'd be playing GTA and not Madden.

acehole
06-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Will sombody please trade this ******.
I hated him when we drafted him.
I will love it when we are done
with him.

He's pushing all the buttons now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/marshawn-lynch-likes-the-jets/

Ground Chuck
06-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Hope Marshawn trades himself to the Jets on Madden and still averages 2.5 yards per carry.

Beebe's Kid
06-26-2010, 10:06 AM

Yeah...that's not the kind of stereotyping that led to one ****ing sentence from an article being printed and subsequently flamed.

I guess when I look at the situation, I would want a fresh start if I were Marshawn. He is 23 years old and lives in a area where his past transgressions only lead to hatred from the "fans." I am sure that what the dickwads did to McKelvin's lawn last year got a few "I told you so's" in the locker room.

I know everybody is going to ramble on about how close he is to a suspension and $20 bills and what have you, but just like with the hit and run, and the $20, all the experts here took the headline of the story and jumped on the soap box. Both of those stories were bull**** attempts to get money, but I never saw one retraction of the things people said about Marshawn.

I love Freddy, but against the Jets and Chiefs, at the end of the year, Marshawn was tearing **** up and then got benched. Both games.

I don't like poor attitude from the players on the team, but if I stop being a crazy, judgmental, know-it-all fan for a few seconds, and pretend to be a real human being...I might think "I wonder what this is like for Marshawn?" Then the answer that I, personally, would find is "Get me out of here!"

Dude is immensely talented, and he knows that. He needs a mentor or a coach to straighten him up. He is a young man, and he thinks he needs a geographical cure. I am sure all the people stoning the dude on the regular never thought like that... when you don't move out of your mother's basement, you don't need to face real life.

It would be nice if Lynch could turn it around, but if it were me, I don't know if I could keep my 23 year old ego simmered down long enough for a reconciliation with this town. I would just want to go to another team and prove that I wasn't the ****head I was made out to be in Buffalo...and maybe play a little football. That's just me.

That is a lot because he was asked what he thought about Madden.

feldspar
06-26-2010, 10:09 AM

I love GTA.

jamze132
06-26-2010, 11:34 AM
How bad is it when an NFL player doesn't even want to play himself in the game because his team blows?

:rofl:

better days
06-26-2010, 11:52 AM
The ironic part is that Lynch was the only person on the offense that did anything on offense when the Bills played the Jets the second time. He averaged 10 yards per carry and a TD, yet the Bills only gave him SIX carries. Jackson had over twice the carries and averaged under 2.4 yards per carry. Fitzpatrick went 9 out of 23 for 98 yards and an INT. We only lost by six points.

Lynch really can't win. If he says what's on his mind, it'll be taken out of context somehow. If he toes the company line and talks like a politician, saying things while not saying anything, people would hate that...Jauron was the master of that speak. If he keeps his mouth shut, people will ***** about THAT. And why? Because of a traffic accident and being busted with a gun in his trunk, something people do all the time legally...something he could have arranged to do legally.

He's still the person everyone liked a couple of years ago.

According to Beckett 2010 Football Preview magazine, Lynch is the same age as many of the rookies that were drafted THIS YEAR.

Think about that for a minute. Has he made mistakes? Yes, but he is a YOUNG guy, with talent.

Jackson is not a great back & is old already. The Bills need a back like Lynch to share the load with Spiller into the future.

Night Train
06-26-2010, 12:54 PM

I can't wait to hear his thoughts on the G20 Summit. :up:

" Da German iz a ***** ! "

BertSquirtgum
06-26-2010, 01:02 PM
once marshawn takes his spot back from freddy all the haters will shut the **** up. hopefully.

Tbuffalobills
06-26-2010, 11:11 PM
I wish we had traded Lynch!!!!

HopefulBillsFan
06-27-2010, 05:08 AM
LMAO at some of these responses..

I play with Minnesota in Madden.. remove my fancard.

superbills
06-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Dig deeper. That was ripped from this article on ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/24505/lynch-excited-to-see-how-good-jets-will-be

Sure, Lynch is talking up the Jets as a whole, but the focus was on who he was going to play with in Madden. And, he goes on to question their chemistry and about how excited he is for everyone to see how he and the other guys in the backfield perform this year. Let's not blow this out of proportion just because Lynch can be a douche.