PDA

View Full Version : Edwards mechanics.

HHURRICANE
06-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Is it me or does Edwards release look slow and deliberate. Brohm seems to be making very decisive throws.

Edwards never did this his first year here and I used to rip Losman for this bad habit of double tapping the ball in his hands.

Who is our new QB coach?

trapezeus
06-25-2010, 09:10 AM
i thought the mind boggling double tap was a bledsoe specialty. Am i wrong?

JCBills
06-25-2010, 04:22 PM
He used to be very quick in his reads and release. It seems like a lot of the OTA / mini camp highlights for Trent would have been sacks if there was a pass rush on, yeah the throw will be nice, but it does seem to take way too long from what we've been able to see. Brohm does seem to be making quick decisions resulting in big plays.

BillsWin
06-25-2010, 06:55 PM
The thing I like about Brohm, is he isn't second guessing putting the ball in there. He fires it in if he thinks that's the right throw.

It's like when he threw a deep pass that got broken up a few weeks ago and Gailey came over to him and said, "That's where I would have thrown it too." (or something like that).

Brohm seems to see where he wants to throw, then he throws it.

Now, that's not a knock on Edwards because he looks at the throw and he takes his time because he doesn't want to get picked off. This would be OK if we had an all pro offensive line. But we don't.

Our QB needs to be decisive and get the ball out of there.

And yes, this is based off a few paragraphs and 15 second video clips.

Yasgur's Farm
06-25-2010, 07:07 PM
The thing I like about Brohm, is he isn't second guessing putting the ball in there. He fires it in if he thinks that's the right thrown.

It's like when he threw a deep pass that got broken up a few weeks ago and Gailey came over to him and said, "That's where I would have thrown it too." (or something like that).

Brohm seems to see where he wants to throw, then he throws it.

Now, that's not a knock on Edwards because he looks at the throw and he takes his time because he doesn't want to get picked off. This would be OK if we had an all pro offensive line. But we don't.

Our QB needs to be decisive and get the ball out of there.

And yes, this is based off a few paragraphs and 15 second video clips. Excellent points BW!

Typ0
06-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Do you think TE might be being coached to take his time since he is mister dumpoff not letting plays develop?

Spiderweb
06-25-2010, 08:34 PM
i thought the mind boggling double tap was a bledsoe specialty. Am i wrong?

Dear God, you're right. Just flashed back to 2005, pat..pat..pat..sack.....