X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Gailey on Brohm

Chan Gailey on QB Brian Brohm: "He’s made a jump in my opinion in the last two weeks. I thought he practiced well"

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Gailey on Brohm

if meredith is playing well and Brohm ends up the starter, i say we look at the GB practice squad for a DE, a LB, and some NT depth. Just saying.

Comment

• Stewie
      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
      • Aug 2002

so if Brohm made a jump, but yet they're all still candidates, that means Trent is/was #1 all along.
      Originally posted by Topdog
      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      I love Weiner.
      also cheese

Comment

• homeslice5484
        • Jul 2008

I guess that might be a way to look at it....I don't think anyone would disagree that Trent was the so called favorite based on his experience with the team...but if Gailey is true to his word that it was and is still wide open...Brohm could be creeping up on him fast.

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
          • Jan 2010

i think edwards is already done just like we did to JP so we need to move on with a young unproven player we can mold and brohm can do it
          “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• homeslice5484
            • Jul 2008

As mini-camp closes, there are things worth reading into, and things worth not. I believe the following from Bills head coach Chan Gailey falls in the former category.

On QB Brian Brohm:

“He’s made a jump in my opinion in the last two weeks. I thought he practiced well. We’ll have to see how he progresses once we get pads on and all that. But I thought he made a good jump.”

NicholasMendola

@homeslice5484 I'll go further than that. My gut instinct is that Brohm will be the Day One starter. #Bills

Comment

• Stewie
              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
              • Aug 2002

I think it's crazy to call Trent anything but young. I mean the kid is 3 seasons away from turning 30, and good QB's can play well into their 30's, as we all know.

Give up on him cause he sucks, if he does, but not because he's too old.

FTR, IMO - I think Trent needs a jolt of confidence, and all that takes is some success. He is good enough to do it, and we'll see if he does.
              Originally posted by Topdog
              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
              I love Weiner.
              also cheese

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by
                so if Brohm made a jump, but yet they're all still candidates, that means Trent is/was #1 all along.
                Or they were all even and Brohm jumped ahead.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

I think Brohm is the number 2 in camp behind Trent but I think he's got an incredible shot at unseating him when the preseason roles around. Chan will not settle for checkdowns.

Comment

• homeslice5484
                    • Jul 2008

As for the action on the field, Brohm ended the minicamp off on a positive note for the offense. On a two-minute drill that started from their own 35-yard line, Brohm engineered a six play drive that ended with a score to rookie receiver Donald Jones. Brohm was 4-for-6 on the drive.

Chan Gailey spoke well of Brohm, saying that he's made strides recently.

"He's made a jump in my opinion in the last two weeks," remarked Gailey. "We'll have to see how he progresses once we gets pads on and all that but I thought he made a good jump."

In Friday's practice, Ryan Fitzpatrick took the first snaps at quarterback in each of the first four different practice periods. Trent Edwards went second in three of the four periods. The Bills ran one two-minute drill at the end of practice and Brohm got to run it.

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
                    Last edited by homeslice5484; 06-25-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

But, but, but... There's a reason why Brohm and Meredith where on the Packers PS... Any fool should know they're both busts!

It'd be ironic if they both actually do become busts... IN CANTON THAT IS!!
                      Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 06-25-2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Brohm will be the starter. If he's not, I'll be pissed.

Comment

• mayotm
                          • Jul 2003

Man, what a break that would be for the Bills if Brohm could turn out to be a decent player. I really hope it happens.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

It sounds to me like it was supposed to be Trent Edwards job to lose, but Brian Brohm is making it very tough on Coach Gailey...so he's going to let it continue in training camp. At least I hope so.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by
                              I think it's crazy to call Trent anything but young. I mean the kid is 3 seasons away from turning 30, and good QB's can play well into their 30's, as we all know.

Give up on him cause he sucks, if he does, but not because he's too old.

FTR, IMO - I think Trent needs a jolt of confidence, and all that takes is some success. He is good enough to do it, and we'll see if he does.
                              While Trent is still young, he also has a history of being injury prone & is in the last year of his contract.

Unless he is head & shoulders better than Brohm I believe he is gone at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X