PDA

View Full Version : Gailey on Brohm

homeslice5484
06-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Chan Gailey on QB Brian Brohm: "He’s made a jump in my opinion in the last two weeks. I thought he practiced well"

trapezeus
06-25-2010, 11:55 AM
if meredith is playing well and Brohm ends up the starter, i say we look at the GB practice squad for a DE, a LB, and some NT depth. Just saying.

Stewie
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
so if Brohm made a jump, but yet they're all still candidates, that means Trent is/was #1 all along.

homeslice5484
06-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I guess that might be a way to look at it....I don't think anyone would disagree that Trent was the so called favorite based on his experience with the team...but if Gailey is true to his word that it was and is still wide open...Brohm could be creeping up on him fast.

buffalobillsfan95
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
i think edwards is already done just like we did to JP so we need to move on with a young unproven player we can mold and brohm can do it

homeslice5484
06-25-2010, 12:10 PM
As mini-camp closes, there are things worth reading into, and things worth not. I believe the following from Bills head coach Chan Gailey falls in the former category.

On QB Brian Brohm:

“He’s made a jump in my opinion in the last two weeks. I thought he practiced well. We’ll have to see how he progresses once we get pads on and all that. But I thought he made a good jump.”

http://www.nickmendola.com/brohm-makes-a-jump-at-minicamp/

NicholasMendola

@homeslice5484 I'll go further than that. My gut instinct is that Brohm will be the Day One starter. #Bills

Stewie
06-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I think it's crazy to call Trent anything but young. I mean the kid is 3 seasons away from turning 30, and good QB's can play well into their 30's, as we all know.

Give up on him cause he sucks, if he does, but not because he's too old.

FTR, IMO - I think Trent needs a jolt of confidence, and all that takes is some success. He is good enough to do it, and we'll see if he does.

BillsWin
06-25-2010, 12:14 PM
so if Brohm made a jump, but yet they're all still candidates, that means Trent is/was #1 all along.

Or they were all even and Brohm jumped ahead. :idunno:

WeAreArthurMoates
06-25-2010, 12:16 PM
I think Brohm is the number 2 in camp behind Trent but I think he's got an incredible shot at unseating him when the preseason roles around. Chan will not settle for checkdowns.

homeslice5484
06-25-2010, 12:21 PM
As for the action on the field, Brohm ended the minicamp off on a positive note for the offense. On a two-minute drill that started from their own 35-yard line, Brohm engineered a six play drive that ended with a score to rookie receiver Donald Jones. Brohm was 4-for-6 on the drive.

Chan Gailey spoke well of Brohm, saying that he's made strides recently.

"He's made a jump in my opinion in the last two weeks," remarked Gailey. "We'll have to see how he progresses once we gets pads on and all that but I thought he made a good jump."

In Friday's practice, Ryan Fitzpatrick took the first snaps at quarterback in each of the first four different practice periods. Trent Edwards went second in three of the four periods. The Bills ran one two-minute drill at the end of practice and Brohm got to run it.

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills--Gailey-Mum-on-QBs/7554060

Yasgur's Farm
06-25-2010, 12:33 PM
But, but, but... There's a reason why Brohm and Meredith where on the Packers PS... Any fool should know they're both busts!

It'd be ironic if they both actually do become busts... IN CANTON THAT IS!!

Goobylal
06-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Brohm will be the starter. If he's not, I'll be pissed.

mayotm
06-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Man, what a break that would be for the Bills if Brohm could turn out to be a decent player. I really hope it happens.

Michael82
06-25-2010, 01:16 PM
It sounds to me like it was supposed to be Trent Edwards job to lose, but Brian Brohm is making it very tough on Coach Gailey...so he's going to let it continue in training camp. At least I hope so. :pray:

better days
06-25-2010, 01:37 PM
I think it's crazy to call Trent anything but young. I mean the kid is 3 seasons away from turning 30, and good QB's can play well into their 30's, as we all know.

FTR, IMO - I think Trent needs a jolt of confidence, and all that takes is some success. He is good enough to do it, and we'll see if he does.

While Trent is still young, he also has a history of being injury prone & is in the last year of his contract.

Unless he is head & shoulders better than Brohm I believe he is gone at the end of the year.

Michael82
06-25-2010, 01:38 PM

Trent's young, but he already has more concussions than other QBs his age.

Stewie
06-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Or they were all even and Brohm jumped ahead. :idunno:

Didn't he also recently say they're all even now?

Stewie
06-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Trent's inability to stay on the field is a concern. One things for sure, if he has another chance it's his last.

methos4ever
06-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Didn't he also recently say they're all even now?
Regardless of the QB, if they don't make sure that line is serviceable, all three qbs'll be scrambled eggs.

justasportsfan
06-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Trents injury history is a concern. He shouldn't be no.2 for that reason unless Brohm is better.

May the best man win.

JCBills
06-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Been saying for months that Brohm will win the job. Been saying for months that Meredith will start at LT. Almost everyone called me crazy on here, BBMB, and Billievers. Everything I've seen points to both of those things ending up true. If they play well, that's a HUGE statement for the organization, we would have robbed another team. GB is obviously set at QB, but if Meredith plays well, total robbery.

Philagape
06-25-2010, 04:36 PM
But, but, but... There's a reason why Brohm and Meredith where on the Packers PS... Any fool should know they're both busts!

Why can't they still be busts? If the competition is all busts, then the winner will still be a bust.

djjimkelly
06-25-2010, 04:39 PM
love hearing brohm is doing well

it would be nice to have him starting instead of edwards the games would be more interesting

Prov401
06-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Tim Graham has reported that Gailey already knows who the starter is, entering training camp.

I've been rooting for Brohm since day one. I hope he's the pick.

<TABLE border=0 width=630><TBODY><TR><TD width="80%">Bills | Coach knows how will be No. 1 QB at camp
</TD><TD width="20%"> (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=652501)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 09:45:35 -0400
Buffalo Bills (http://billszone.com/team/9/nfl) head coach Chan Gailey (http://billszone.com/player/11765/nfl) said he knows who will be the starting quarterback when training camp begins but will not tell the media or the four quarterbacks until the players report for camp, reports ESPN.com (http://billszone.com/link/269)'s Tim Graham.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl#ixzz0ru785B00 (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl#ixzz0ru785B00)

homeslice5484
06-25-2010, 04:57 PM
It is entirely possible Trent starts camp with the 1's but does not finish with the 1's

Yasgur's Farm
06-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Why can't they still be busts? If the competition is all busts, then the winner will still be a bust.Absolutely Phil... That certainly could be the case. But it could also be that they become all pro... Jason Peters spent time on the PS... Tom Brady was a 6th rounder... etc, etc. etc.

As a semi optimist, I would much rather hope for the best than just concede to the eternal drone of despair that many seem to prefer.

Goobylal
06-25-2010, 07:19 PM
It is entirely possible Trent starts camp with the 1's but does not finish with the 1's
I agree.

homeslice5484
06-25-2010, 08:14 PM
I agree.

It might even be good that way. Brohm has made progress the last 2 weeks...why not let him start with the 2's....and let him continue to get better fighting for the starting job...and a week or 2 in camp he takes over for Trent and "EARNS THE JOB" the right way?

Commissioner
06-25-2010, 10:05 PM
I'd rather see what Trent can do with good coaching and a better offensive scheme. If he still sucks... then stick in someone else. But I'm not going to blame last years offense on him like most people seem to do.

I was impressed with how he looked against New England in prime time last year.... he's got potential and I'll give him another chance to realize it.

Goobylal
06-25-2010, 10:43 PM
It might even be good that way. Brohm has made progress the last 2 weeks...why not let him start with the 2's....and let him continue to get better fighting for the starting job...and a week or 2 in camp he takes over for Trent and "EARNS THE JOB" the right way?
I'd just rather he gets the starting job to start TC and keeps hold of it to the start of the season and beyond. The more reps he gets with the starters, the better.

Goobylal
06-25-2010, 10:43 PM
I'd rather see what Trent can do with good coaching and a better offensive scheme. If he still sucks... then stick in someone else. But I'm not going to blame last years offense on him like most people seem to do.

I was impressed with how he looked against New England in prime time last year.... he's got potential and I'll give him another chance to realize it.
He looked good in that game, but failed to seal the deal. And he's still injury-prone and his confidence is shot. Gailey can fix the offensive scheme, but not those things.

Commissioner
06-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Whoever ends up the starter... I'll be rooting for him. I'm a fan of the team first and I just want to see wins. I'll trust whatever decision Gailey makes until i have reason otherwise.

Night Train
06-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Living locally, I've already read several articles about how well Brohm is delivering the touch passes of various degrees, short and long. Dropping the ball just over the DB's right into the receivers hands. This is something I know Fitzpatrick and Trentative cannot do.

Why some had it out for Brohm is baffling. No one has really seen the guy outside of one game. I've already seen ENOUGH of Trentative and Fitzpatrick to know they are NOT the answer.

I'd much rather give Brohm a shot while Brown gets up to speed with the NFL, because if Brohm doesn't work out he ( Brown) should be next.

No more Trentative & Fitzpatrick.

HHURRICANE
06-26-2010, 08:44 AM

It'd be ironic if they both actually do become busts... IN CANTON THAT IS!!

This is where crap gets taken out of context. Meredith was a rookie that got put on the prcatice squad and we pulled him from there because we had no depth when Butler got hurt. It was unlucky for GB.

Brohm, had two years to make the roster and couldn't. Totally different set of circumstances.

acehole
06-26-2010, 09:02 AM
if meredith is playing well and Brohm ends up the starter, i say we look at the GB practice squad for a DE, a LB, and some NT depth. Just saying.

gb our farm team?

daddy likes

Goobylal
06-26-2010, 09:11 AM
This is where crap gets taken out of context. Meredith was a rookie that got put on the prcatice squad and we pulled him from there because we had no depth when Butler got hurt. It was unlucky for GB.

Brohm, had two years to make the roster and couldn't. Totally different set of circumstances.
Brohm didn't have 2 years, the Packers' system is complicated, and QB takes awhile to learn anyway.

acehole
06-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Trents injury history is a concern. He shouldn't be no.2 for that reason unless Brohm is better.

May the best man win.

not for nothing but when i voiced this before he took a snap in nfl i was labasted.

when I mentioned he has never had a winning record i was called a homer

when I mentioned he was a one trick poney i was fried in oil

having said that i believe in redemtion...let him start for 3-4 games and put the idea to rest either way...then if he sucks we have good reason to give one of the young guys some playing time. I for one like Levi but he is to raw....brome will just symbolizes a fresh start and i think that would be good for fans and team and coaching alike.

acehole
06-26-2010, 09:15 AM

May the best man win.