If the competition is really this close, shouldn't Brohm be named starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

If the competition is really this close, shouldn't Brohm be named starter?

Isn't it proof that Edwards isn't very good? If he can't establish himself as a clear favorite, maybe he shouldn't be starting in the first place.

Go with the younger kid with more upside.

Gailey says it's close. You'd think that Edwards as the "favorite" with more starting experience would have established himself as "the guy".

Things may change when the pads go on, but in my opinion, you lose nothing by announcing Brohm as the starter. In fact, the positives of that for Brohm may help him to continue to develop.

I don't think Brohm is the second coming of Jim Kelly. But I know Edwards isn't.
    I am The Batman.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: If the competition is really this close, shouldn't Brohm be named starter?

I'm a big fan of the Brohm Bomber and want him to win the job, so I shouldn't say anything because it would be biased. But I agree with you. I think that Gailey wanted to give Edwards every chance possible to take the job, but he did not do that. Plus Brohm has been getting better each day and shows more potential. I think he's earned a crack at it, at camp.

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Tim Graham think it's still not as close as some of us would like it to be.

I'm no scout, but I thought Edwards looked better than Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Brohm. Edwards threw a nice ball and didn't seem to make as many mistakes as Fitzpatrick and Brohm did.

Brohm did close out the last practice well. Shortly after throwing an interception right to linebacker Andra Davis, he came back in a two-minute drill and found Donald Jones for a touchdown on the final play of minicamp.
      Last edited by madness; 06-25-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
        I'm a big fan of the Brohm Bomber and want him to win the job, so I shouldn't say anything because it would be biased. But I agree with you. I think that Gailey wanted to give Edwards every chance possible to take the job, but he did not do that. Plus Brohm has been getting better each day and shows more potential. I think he's earned a crack at it, at camp.

"Brohm Bomber"?
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• dannyek71
          Drink Responsibly
          • Dec 2004

They are going to make Trent sound like he earned it. Otherwise, even if he is far above the least awful QB on the roster, people will be upset unless they think he has earned it.
          [

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
            "Brohm Bomber"?
            Yeah I read someone call him that on another message board and liked it.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

I've been calling him the Brohm Bomber since he signed. I liked it. If he turns out to be good (long shot). It makes for good signs and t-shirts.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Yes Im all for just handing it to a guy and not making it prove he deserves it! That's the ticket!
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                  • Jan 2010

Do you gents think there is the possibility that Brohm never succeeded in GB because he wasn't given the opportunity that we are this offseason? I mean he is getting a ton of reps, and Chan is giving feedback to all of the guys. I think, if he is going to be successful, it will be for the bills and because he was given the opportunity and reps he needed to find a comfort level.

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Yes Im all for just handing it to a guy and not making it prove he deserves it! That's the ticket!
                    Has Edwards proven anything?

Besides being average, injury prone and afraid to throw it deep, I'd say Edwards has proven very little himself.

Brohm has proven nothing. But Edwards hasn't proved much either.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ZAZusmc03
                      Do you gents think there is the possibility that Brohm never succeeded in GB because he wasn't given the opportunity that we are this offseason? I mean he is getting a ton of reps, and Chan is giving feedback to all of the guys. I think, if he is going to be successful, it will be for the bills and because he was given the opportunity and reps he needed to find a comfort level.

I bet he got more reps than the 7th round pick that beat him out.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Way too early to name a starter, nobody has had a real chance to distinguish themselves.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Apparently the "pecking order" in TC isn't set-in-stone and someone else can become the starter if they outperform the other 2 (3?). So the top "pecker" won't necessarily stay that way.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                            Way too early to name a starter, nobody has had a real chance to distinguish themselves.
                            Totally agree. Complete new philosophy on everything on the field. Of course CG is saying it's close. He's blowing smoke up everyones ass because he doesn't have enough to work with. All of the QBs are hanging on a thread to even work on this team next year.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

I'd like Brohm to win the starting position, but as I said, I like him to WIN the job. If Edwards wins it, so be it...as long as he proves he deserved it. I don't want anything to do with Fitzpatrick and will have a hard time watching that pile of crap play every Sunday if he is behind center. That guy is terrible...PERIOD!

Comment

Working...
                              X