PDA

View Full Version : Guesses on what the pecking order is?

NextbillsQB
06-26-2010, 04:20 PM
My guess, Brohm, Edwards, Fitz, Brown

Michael82
06-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Edwards
Brohm
Fitzpatrick
Brown

Brohm and Edwards will share the reps at camp and the one who has the best pre-season and training camp will be the starter.

Dujek
06-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Edwards
Brohm
Fitzpatrick
Brown

Fitz will be cut eventually.

BertSquirtgum
06-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Brohm
Edwards
Brown

Fitz gets tossed out like a used condom.

Nighthawk
06-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Brohm
Edwards
Brown

Fitz gets tossed out like a used condom.

Man, I hope you're right!

Mr. Pink
06-26-2010, 07:01 PM
I think we will carry all 4 QBs or if they think no one will pick up Brown put him on the practice squad.

By seasons end however we will only have 3 QBs.

Brohm or Fitz will be cut sometime during the season.

Edwards, Fitz, Brohm, Brown is my guess.

ServoBillieves
06-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Edwards, Brohm to get reps as 2nd to see if he has chemistry with the first group, Fitz takes over 2nd if Brohm can't click in pads, and Brown has pretty much been written out.

"What we have is 3 guys..."

Either that means Fitzy is gone or they're writing off Brown as purely a developmental player.

Typ0
06-26-2010, 10:03 PM
I think another team will make a move to upgrade at the QB position and end up cutting someone down their depth chart. We will grab up the scrub from that team and cut fitz and put brown on the PS.

Pecking order:
Some other scrub another team doesn't want even in their backup role.
Edwards.
Brohm.
Moorman.

ServoBillieves
06-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I think another team will make a move to upgrade at the QB position and end up cutting someone down their depth chart. We will grab up the scrub from that team and cut fitz and put brown on the PS.

Pecking order:
Edwards.
Brohm.
Moorman.

Correction...

Jackson
Parrish
Edwards
Holcomb

better days
06-26-2010, 10:18 PM
I think we will carry all 4 QBs or if they think no one will pick up Brown put him on the practice squad.

By seasons end however we will only have 3 QBs.

Brohm or Fitz will be cut sometime during the season.

Edwards, Fitz, Brohm, Brown is my guess.

I really doubt 4 QB's will be on the roster opening day. Either Fitz is cut or Brown to the practice squad (he is a LOW rnd pick)

Eventually
06-26-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm guessing it's Edwards, Brohm, Fitz then brown.

I really think it's really a two man race for the opening day gig though. I agree with many that Brown will be the 3rd, IMO Fitz will either get moved for a very low draft pick, which was an idea someone mentioned on a BBMB thread I made regarding Chicago really has no one behind Cutler and Fitz has ties to martz, so perhaps there when all is said and done. If they can't move Fitz he'll probably get cut or like someone mentioned above perhaps try to slide Brown to PS.

Personally I'm not tied to either Edwards or Brohm. I've been extremely disappointed in Trent but willing to give him benefit of the doubt with the ineptitude we've been subjected to the past so many years, but again am willing to see what he can do with a real play caller. Brohm is intriguing, simply because he's the unknown guy, who put up really good numbers in college and was highly touted coming out.

Either of these two would be fine IMO as long as one or both play like they are supposed to. By this I mean, Brohm playing like the one time top 5 projected qb, heck even the 2nd rounder where he was drafted and Trent showing progressional jump like he did from 07-08(first 5 games). I'm just going to throw out game 6 through today, because any minor tweak in his game will be better than what he put up in that span. Oh and also that if he's the guy and not just by default but lives up to Walsh's draft time praise, then let the guy stay healthy.

BertSquirtgum
06-26-2010, 11:00 PM
4 qb's on the roster at the start of the season? what have you been smoking today funtimes?

IMO. i think the one with the most expensive contract gets the ax. ie; fitzsucktrick

BillsWin
06-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Edwards Brohm Fitz Brown. But Brohm overtakes Edwards before season starts

Mr. Pink
06-26-2010, 11:27 PM
4 qb's on the roster at the start of the season? what have you been smoking today funtimes?

IMO. i think the one with the most expensive contract gets the ax. ie; fitzsucktrick

I really think all 4 of those guys will play this year.

And it would not surprise me if none of them are on the roster next year.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-27-2010, 08:01 AM
All right, now you're just nuts. No way they keep four QBs on the Bills roster, then turn around and dump them all the next season. You need some form of continuity from one season to the next, for crying out loud, and there aren't enough decent quarterbacks in the pro ranks (or at the college level, for that matter) to restock a team with three quarterbacks.

Levi Brown could make the practice squad if he isn't cut outright. I don't see enough refined talent there for him to be that attractive of a pick for an NFL team.

YardRat
06-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Edwards
Brohm
Fitzpatrick
Brown

Brohm and Edwards will share the reps at camp and the one who has the best pre-season and training camp will be the starter.

I agree...

YardRat
06-27-2010, 08:22 AM
All right, now you're just nuts. No way they keep four QBs on the Bills roster, then turn around and dump them all the next season. You need some form of continuity from one season to the next, for crying out loud, and there aren't enough decent quarterbacks in the pro ranks (or at the college level, for that matter) to restock a team with three quarterbacks.

Levi Brown could make the practice squad if he isn't cut outright. I don't see enough refined talent there for him to be that attractive of a pick for an NFL team.

Brown will be with the team this season, in some fashion. He'll either be #3, or they'll only carry two and Brown will be on the PS.

jamze132
06-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Not that I like it but this is what it will be at first. A rich friend told me...

Edwards
Fitzdouchetrick
Brohm
Brown

Michael82
06-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Not that I like it but this is what it will be at first. A rich friend told me...

Edwards
Fitzdouchetrick
Brohm
Brown
That would really piss me off! :mad:

Yasgur's Farm
06-27-2010, 09:17 AM
It's mostly about developement and future...
1) Edwards is in his final season of his contract... There's no future in him considering injuries and his skirt wearing mentality. He'll stick as the #2 for 2010.
2) Fitz is due $3M for the season... With no upside, there's no reason to pay that kind of money to him... Say goodbye Ryan.
3) Brown is way too green... But Nix and Gailey obviously like his future... 2010 #3 or PS.
4) Brohm makes the most sense for developement... He's had a good off season and has shown the potential that got him drafted in the 2nd round. Ladies and gentlemen... Our 2010 starting QB... Brian Brohm!!

HHURRICANE
06-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Guys this is easy:

There is no way they are going to put Brohm in front of Edwards unlees they believe right now that he'll be the starter.

Developing the starters confidence is part of the coaching process. They would be doing themselves a disservice by throwing Edwards in at #2 only to say later Brohm isn't as good as we thought.... you suck less. The starter has to play with confidence.

Brohm coming in at #2 does no damage to him or Edwards. He can a;ways win the job from that spot. Fitz is used to being the backup so I can see him landing at #3.

Edwards
Brohm
Fitz
Brown

Lock it down. If Brohm comes in at #1 it's his job already.

Ground Chuck
06-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Edwards
Fitz
Brohm
Brown

PromoTheRobot
06-28-2010, 09:06 AM
My guess, Brohm, Edwards, Fitz, Brown
1) Brohm
2) Edwards
3) Fitz