PDA

View Full Version : Pats draft bust seeks redepmtion with Bills

madness
06-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Pats draft bust seeks redemption with Bills (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14800/pats-draft-bust-seeks-redepmtion-with-bills)
There's an assumption when an elite organization such as the New England Patriots misfires on a high draft choice that it must be the player's fault. Chad Jackson carries that stigma, a 36th overall selection the Patriots dumped after two seasons and 14 games.
http://www.billszone.com/mt/images/newsicons/bills.gif ESPN/Tim Graham | Posted at 04:26 PM

HHURRICANE
06-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Pats know when to cut bait.

Hardy should get cut before the season starts which might open up an opportunity for Jackson.

ZAZusmc03
06-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I really hope he finds his game for us. The kid had great upside coming into the league.

trapezeus
06-28-2010, 03:47 PM
it would be nice to finally get something from the patriots other than a beat down.

we got bledsoe, milloy and neither of those worked despite our hopes. yet they took our perceived garbage and got use out of it. it's time for the cycle to flip.

SquishDaFish
06-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Hardy should get cut before the season starts which might open up an opportunity for Jackson.

Stop talking out your ass

John Doe
06-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Graham may have misunderstood what Gailey said.

Here is what Graham heard:

If Gailey sticks with his plan of keeping five receivers, then Jackson could be in trouble.

Here is what Gailey said:

"It's really wide open," Gailey said of the wideout rotation. "I hate to put numbers on 'em. Y'all put numbers on 'em. I hate to put numbers on 'em. We're going to probably, probably - don't hold me to this - but probably have five that we keep (active) on game day. And all five have gotta be a big part of what we're doing."

I think that there is a strong possibility that he keeps 6 on the 53-man roster.

Ed
06-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Graham may have misunderstood what Gailey said.

Here is what Graham heard:

Here is what Gailey said:

I think that there is a strong possibility that he keeps 6 on the 53-man roster.
That makes more sense. I'd be surprised if they only kept 5 total. I think they keep six and Evans, Jackson, Hardy, Johnson, Parrish, and Easley are the ones that make it.

Tatonka
06-28-2010, 06:00 PM
no way we just keep 5 wrs.

Cleve
06-28-2010, 07:36 PM
More Patriots' sloppy seconds for Buffalo, ay?

theanswer74
06-28-2010, 07:55 PM
What a BS article, everyone knows Belichick doesn't draft busts.

paranoid
06-28-2010, 08:50 PM

I don't follow. "Pats know when to cut bait," so you're implying that Jackson is no good, but then we should cut Hardy to make room for him?

Dr. Lecter
06-28-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't follow. "Pats know when to cut bait," so you're implying that Jackson is no good, but then we should cut Hardy to make room for him?

Shhhhh......

Don't point out his illogical reasonings.

feldspar
06-28-2010, 09:06 PM

LOL, I caught that too. Looks like he didn't think that one through.

Jackson and Hardy have some similarities of how their respective careers have gone. Both tore their ACLs late in their rookie seasons, which carried over into their second seasons. Hopefully, one of these guys steps up, because their window of opportunity will only get smaller. That, and the Bills need them to step up.

I guess it's worth noting that the Patriots actually gave up a second AND third round pick to trade up for Jackson...just in case somebody didn't realize this.

Eventually
06-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Would be nice for jackson to perform at a high level for us, his speed can create trouble. I remember being disappointed when NE drafted him back then.

Also- Outside of Evans it is pretty open, reminds me a lot of NYG last year, with the exception that we actually are going in with a leader in the group. But they got a lot of production from rookies and young players no one thought much about before the season got going. I see this same sort of thing with Johnson, Hardy, Easley, Jackson, Nelson, Roosevelt and Jones. If they keep six my guess will be exactly what everyone else's is, Lee, Stevie, Easley, Parrish, Jackson and Hardy. If they only keep five, which I find doubtful I think it's down to Hardy and Jackson as the last man standing.

Actually really like the UDFA wr's this year, I definitely see two of them going to PS.

jamze132
06-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Jackson will more than likely make the roster. No way we keep only 5 WRs.

ParanoidAndroid
06-29-2010, 09:17 AM
If he keeps five, no way that one of those is wasted on someone who can only return punts..... Roscoe will be a goner.

Cleve
06-29-2010, 09:27 AM
It's easy to make fun of the Patriots making a bad draft pick. That is, until we look at the illustrious Buffalo Bills.

Why is it that Buffalo picks up other teams' cast-offs, the Bills will make 'em a starter, but when we cut a first string player like J.P. Lose-man he doesn't even rate getting a job in the g-d league? Or look at our "first string" head coach, who ends up being a third-tier assistant in some dead end job somewhere. Jeebus!

Remind me that I need to care about the Bills in August- I've been en-rapt the last 3 months watching Yankees baseball.

EDS
06-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Would be nice for jackson to perform at a high level for us, his speed can create trouble. I remember being disappointed when NE drafted him back then.

Also- Outside of Evans it is pretty open, reminds me a lot of NYG last year, with the exception that we actually are going in with a leader in the group. But they got a lot of production from rookies and young players no one thought much about before the season got going. I see this same sort of thing with Johnson, Hardy, Easley, Jackson, Nelson, Roosevelt and Jones. If they keep six my guess will be exactly what everyone else's is, Lee, Stevie, Easley, Parrish, Jackson and Hardy. If they only keep five, which I find doubtful I think it's down to Hardy and Jackson as the last man standing.

Actually really like the UDFA wr's this year, I definitely see two of them going to PS.

I think it is a little different than the Giants in that Hixon and Smith combined for about 100 receptions the previous season and then they used a first round pick on Nicks for insurance. Obviously Smith and Manningham really steped up their games, and Nicks had a very good rookie year.

With the Bills, Evans is the only one with any real resume. If Johnson or Hardy had a 30 reception season in 2009 it would be a lot more comforting going into 2010.

Dr. Pepper
06-29-2010, 12:09 PM
roosevelt will make the team before jackson.

justasportsfan
06-29-2010, 12:11 PM
roosevelt will make the team before jackson.

Roosevelt could be on the practice squad.

ddaryl
06-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Jackson was a good pick up.. he'll compete well for a spot and playing time.

Wether he pans out is a mystery but it was a good offseason pick up by the Bills

Beebe's Kid
06-29-2010, 12:17 PM
I think it is a little different than the Giants in that Hixon and Smith combined for about 100 receptions the previous season and then they used a first round pick on Nicks for insurance. Obviously Smith and Manningham really steped up their games, and Nicks had a very good rookie year.

With the Bills, Evans is the only one with any real resume. If Johnson or Hardy had a 30 reception season in 2009 it would be a lot more comforting going into 2010.

I agree.

The problem with getting them the ball 30 times was that we had to keep firing errant passes at T.O.

Model citizen that he was, he didn't even complain that the QBs spent the whole game trying to get him the ball, so he didn't have a tantrum. We would put errant throw after errant throw to him while he was trying (kind of) to get open, which must have been taxing because he was too tired to make an effort to go after the ball once it was thrown his way. He also was the epitome of class when he didn't complain about getting hit in the hands with he dozen, or so, balls that he just flat out dropped.

With the pressure of having to pussy foot around T.O., so he could "behave," and not become a distraction, gone, we will get to almost be like a team now. Instead of the work-set for the T.O. show.

I hope that Jackson makes this team, and runs it right up Bellicheat's ass.

Our band of gypsies will shock the world!!

trapezeus
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
those errant passes could also be a result of him dropping very catchable passes. then QB's second guess their touch. Not that they aren't blameless, but it goes both ways.

i do like your sentence of "this band of gypsy's will shock the world."

Johnny Bugmenot
06-29-2010, 02:57 PM
If he was any good at all, don't you think he would have been able to break into the NFL, or SOME form of pro football, some time in the past year? He spent two days on the Broncos roster last year, after a year where he was a fill-in kick returner and caught one catch in 2008. Since then-- nothing. Not NFL, CFL, UFL, arena football, or even a podunk indoor league. He has no talent.

EDIT: Corrected my stats.

billz83
06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
and the trend CONTINUES! another garbage a** player the bills picked up...just like cornell green..when will these incompetent dumb B******* LEARN?!? U NEED TO SIGN TALENTED FOOTBALL PLAYERS TO MAKE THE TEAM BETTER! not a buncha busts, hasbeens, castoffs, practice squad crap, backups, etc.. this is all the bills are interested in Y?!?!

Captain Obvious
06-29-2010, 07:46 PM
And true to HH form he won't come back to this thread now that several posters have pointed out his illogical reasonings... By not defending himself he will ignore what is being said..its like it never happened

BertSquirtgum
06-29-2010, 09:24 PM
and the trend CONTINUES! another garbage a** player the bills picked up...just like cornell green..when will these incompetent dumb B******* LEARN?!? U NEED TO SIGN TALENTED FOOTBALL PLAYERS TO MAKE THE TEAM BETTER! not a buncha busts, hasbeens, castoffs, practice squad crap, backups, etc.. this is all the bills are interested in Y?!?!

could this post be any more dumb?

Ickybaluky
06-30-2010, 09:45 AM
There is no denying Jackson's talent, and the Pats didn't release him because he couldn't play.

They realized him because of immaturity, lack of professional preparation, and inability to consistently perform without making mistakes. In terms of raw talent he is very gifted, it was everything else that was lacking.

If he grows up and applies himself, his ability to play is not in question. Generally, guys don't all of a sudden develop work ethic and drive if they don't already have it. Still, Jackson is worth taking a chance on because he is very talented.

SabreEleven
06-30-2010, 10:21 AM

I think he is saying that the Patriots trash is better than anything on the Bills roster.

billz83
07-01-2010, 12:44 AM
could this post be any more dumb?

The truth cant be handled by everybody..the bills stay signing backups and players that plain suck..if u think cornell green and jackson are going to make the pro bowl or even be GOOD ENOUGH to make the pro bowl u must be extremely optimistic..

justasportsfan
07-01-2010, 09:39 AM

Jackson wasn't expected to play the role of probowler the minute we brought him in.

Do you think it's a wise thing for the new FO and coaching staff to just go out and impulsively hire every probowler out their without checking first what they have on their roster in their first year? What is it about "building through the draft " that you don't understand? Which probowl WR's and LT's that were available should we have brought in?

trapezeus
07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
i do like that the pats cut bait with this guy after what? 2 or 3 years? Meanwhile, we are still reading stories about how mccargo is getting a shot to pan out.

One of the keys of a good team is recognizing bust early and moving on. That being said, i'd love for this guy to blossom under us. With dick as a coach, i knew that was impossible. knowing next to nothing about gailey, i am hopeful, but skeptical.

billz83
07-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Jackson wasn't expected to play the role of probowler the minute we brought him in.

Do you think it's a wise thing for the new FO and coaching staff to just go out and impulsively hire every probowler out their without checking first what they have on their roster in their first year? What is it about "building through the draft " that you don't understand? Which probowl WR's and LT's that were available should we have brought in?

hahaha summa yall jus DRINKIN that sysurpppppp like Russell huh..whateva this incompetent organization says yall ALL FOR IT!!! they built REALLY WELL thru the draft huh..the positions we NEEDED! we didnt even bother with till the last day of drafting..we NEED a LT so we should have brought SUMONE in that would have made this team better the problem is WILSON runs this team like a thrift shop..over a decade this team has SUCKED..now we are ranked the LAST TEAM IN THE NFL..and people are suprised?!and what i mean by pro bowl is players good enough to be considered..sumthing the bills dont even know about considering the TALENTLESS team this team has become..lets rank LAST in passing again and say we improved..sum people are just straight brainwashed..

JCBills
07-07-2010, 03:45 PM
hahaha summa yall jus DRINKIN that sysurpppppp like Russell huh..whateva this incompetent organization says yall ALL FOR IT!!! they built REALLY WELL thru the draft huh..the positions we NEEDED! we didnt even bother with till the last day of drafting..we NEED a LT so we should have brought SUMONE in that would have made this team better the problem is WILSON runs this team like a thrift shop..over a decade this team has SUCKED..now we are ranked the LAST TEAM IN THE NFL..and people are suprised?!and what i mean by pro bowl is players good enough to be considered..sumthing the bills dont even know about considering the TALENTLESS team this team has become..lets rank LAST in passing again and say we improved..sum people are just straight brainwashed..

And he got all mad when I asked him why he posts.

better days
07-07-2010, 03:48 PM
i do like that the pats cut bait with this guy after what? 2 or 3 years? Meanwhile, we are still reading stories about how mccargo is getting a shot to pan out.

One of the keys of a good team is recognizing bust early and moving on. That being said, i'd love for this guy to blossom under us. With dick as a coach, i knew that was impossible. knowing next to nothing about gailey, i am hopeful, but skeptical.

Some guys need to be cut as a wake up call, Cris Carter comes to mind as an example.

BertSquirtgum
07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
hey, billz83. every post that i read from you is the same bull**** over and over again. at least post something with some insight once in awhile. come on man. your posts are a joke.

if you dislike the bills that much, find another team. i hope summer school starts soon so you'll be busy instead of posting jibberish here.

JCBills
07-07-2010, 04:09 PM
hey, billz83. every post that i read from you is the same bull**** over and over again. at least post something with some insight once in awhile. come on man. your posts are a joke.

Look out, now you're a racist according to him.

billz83
07-07-2010, 04:12 PM

if you dislike the bills that much, find another team. i hope summer school starts soon so you'll be busy instead of posting jibberish here.

som insight?! all ur posts been the same ol BULL**** tooo..talkin bout get another team..u koolaid drinkin fans need to find another team..i been a diehard bills fan for life and i will die a diehard bills fan understand that?? just because we criticize the ******ED incompetent decisions by our favorite team we arent fans?! itz not MY FAULT we are the WORST team in the NFL..thas that old man wilson that ran my favorite team into the GROUND..his TIME IS UP and needs to move on..talkin bout immature everytime sumone disagrees with u sysrup drinkin fans u say they gotta go back to summer school or sum ignorant **** like u know us?! and u constantly talkin **** like u got a problem..y dont u go suck wilsonz **** again.

BertSquirtgum
07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
basically, you just mixed the words up from your past post and posted again. not a surprise from someone who can't pass the 10th grade.

billz83
07-07-2010, 04:24 PM
and u think u provide insight?!? hahahaha pathetic bills fan that still thinks ralph wilson is a great owner and hes done everything he can to put a winning team on the field..ur definitely a lost fan who doesnt even know how to handle criticism..if u wanna defend this PATHETIC UNTALENTED team then do so..dont start talkin **** though because others are living in REALITY and know this team has MAD ISSUES..issues the bills CHOSE to IGNORE.

billz83
07-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Look out, now you're a racist according to him.

NO just U..ur a racist because u like to call minorities racist things and u know what im talkin bout but u can FRONT on this board like ur not a racist..like i said before i hope u grow the balls to do it in REAL LIFE..and may god bring what u deserve when u do.

JCBills
07-07-2010, 04:46 PM
NO just U..ur a racist because u like to call minorities racist things and u know what im talkin bout but u can FRONT on this board like ur not a racist..like i said before i hope u grow the balls to do it in REAL LIFE..and may god bring what u deserve when u do.

Uh, what? I've already explained this to you, you started calling me racist because you had no other card to pull. I'm all for insults, but labeling someone something like that is an insult and then some. Keep contributing to conversations though, it seems to be your thing.

billz83
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Uh, what? I've already explained this to you, you started calling me racist because you had no other card to pull. I'm all for insults, but labeling someone something like that is an insult and then some. Keep contributing to conversations though, it seems to be your thing.

i had no other card to pull?!? hahaha ur a racist becuase u call black people n****** and u can front all u want all that racist **** u said about vick is STILL RACIST...it dont matter if he served jailtime and whatever..hes STILL A better MAN then ull EVER BEEE..i hope u come out the closet u covert racist...keep drinkin the koolaid laced sysrupppp..keep thinking we dont have QB and OLINE problems..and all these players REALLY ARE pro bowl caliber even though most arent even good enough to be backups or practice squad scrubs on another team...u truly are a BLIND FAN who doesnt know **** about this team...thinkin bell and merideth are going to "pan out" hahaha..and just for the record u being an ingorant fan doesnt make u a racist..u being a RACIST makes u a racist idiot..i really hope u do show ur TRUE colors in real life so sumone smacks the **** outta u..

JCBills
07-07-2010, 04:59 PM
i had no other card to pull?!? hahaha ur a racist becuase u call black people n****** and u can front all u want all that racist **** u said about vick is STILL RACIST...it dont matter if he served jailtime and whatever..hes STILL A better MAN then ull EVER BEEE..i hope u come out the closet u covert racist...keep drinkin the koolaid laced sysrupppp..keep thinking we dont have QB and OLINE problems..and all these players REALLY ARE pro bowl caliber even though most arent even good enough to be backups or practice squad scrubs on another team...u truly are a BLIND FAN who doesnt know **** about this team...thinkin bell and merideth are going to "pan out" hahaha..and just for the record u being an ingorant fan doesnt make u a racist..u being a RACIST makes u a racist idiot..i really hope u do show ur TRUE colors in real life so sumone smacks the **** outta u..

Oh, you did have another card to pull, which was the put words in someone else's mouth card, which you pulled to set up the racist bit. We disagreed, you called me racist. Good job.

billz83
07-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Oh, you did have another card to pull, which was the put words in someone else's mouth card, which you pulled to set up the racist bit. We disagreed, you called me racist. Good job.

nope ill tell u again y i called u a racist since ur a lil slow..ur a racist cuz u called vick a n***** and a buncha other BS like hes a thug and all that other crap along with it..if ur not a racist then dont say STUPID IGNORANT **** racist people would say..i disagree with most of the koolaid drinkers doesnt mean they are racist..im callin u racist cuz of what u said and beacuse u was RUNNING UR MOUTH like u was gonna do suttin..and then u went and snitched and got me kicked off the BBMB..so go ahead and BS all u want but if ur not a racist then dont say RACIST **** u dumb****!

Tatonka
07-07-2010, 05:11 PM
billz83.. i am assuming that you have not met JC in real life.. so can I get a link to the **** your spewing?

JCBills
07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
nope ill tell u again y i called u a racist since ur a lil slow..ur a racist cuz u called vick a n***** and a buncha other BS like hes a thug and all that other crap along with it..if ur not a racist then dont say STUPID IGNORANT **** racist people would say..i disagree with most of the koolaid drinkers doesnt mean they are racist..im callin u racist cuz of what u said and beacuse u was RUNNING UR MOUTH like u was gonna do suttin..and then u went and snitched and got me kicked off the BBMB..so go ahead and BS all u want but if ur not a racist then dont say RACIST **** u dumb****!

Sorry bub, way off. Whatever helps you sleep at night though.

billz83
07-07-2010, 05:15 PM
billz83.. i am assuming that you have not met JC in real life.. so can I get a link to the **** your spewing?

yo honestly i dont care if hes black or a minority..the point is he was sayin racist **** on the BBMB..then started talkin **** to me..then snitched and got me banned..and now hes instigating **** on this site..leaving comments on my user CP talking ****...and truthfully im going to the BILLS-PATS game in FOXBORO..if hes got a problem with me ILL BE THERE and no god from NO religion will be able to help him if he comes brings me problems..

billz83
07-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Sorry bub, way off. Whatever helps you sleep at night though.

haha sleep at night..we gun play and do thingz u only seen in movies and i sleep JUST FINE at night..

JCBills
07-07-2010, 05:17 PM
yo honestly i dont care if hes black or a minority..the point is he was sayin racist **** on the BBMB..then started talkin **** to me..then snitched and got me banned..and now hes instigating **** on this site..leaving comments on my user CP talking ****...and truthfully im going to the BILLS-PATS game in FOXBORO..if hes got a problem with me ILL BE THERE and no god from NO religion will be able to help him if he comes brings me problems..

LOL

I'm instigating? Both times YOU have PMed ME. I'm instigating?

If I said anything remotely racist on BBMB, I would have been banned because that is a family forum. I probably did call Vick dumb and a thug, does that make me racist? Nope. In your eyes? Apparently.

This is what I deal with though.

JCBills
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
haha sleep at night..we gun play and do thingz u only seen in movies and i sleep JUST FINE at night..

I thought you said you weren't trying to act hood?

billz83
07-07-2010, 05:19 PM
LOL

I'm instigating? Both times YOU have PMed ME. I'm instigating?

If I said anything remotely racist on BBMB, I would have been banned because that is a family forum. I probably did call Vick dumb and a thug, does that make me racist? Nope. In your eyes? Apparently.

This is what I deal with though.

keep BS and lyin..itz all good all u racist fools will get whats comin to u believe that.

JCBills
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
keep BS and lyin..itz all good all u racist fools will get whats comin to u believe that.

Apparently everyone is racist on here now? I don't feel the need to lie or talk **** over the internet, you can't say the same.

billz83
07-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Apparently everyone is racist on here now? I don't feel the need to lie or talk **** over the internet, you can't say the same.

itz funny how u keep tryin to recruit people to ur side?! im not calling ANYONE RACIST EXCEPT FOR U! and im talkin **** cuz u was talkin **** to me for sumthing u disagreed with..so next dont go around talkin **** online..cuz id bet my BMW u wouldnt DARE look me in the eyes and run ur mouth..thas over a 25K car thas how confident i am..so go run along to ur KKK meeting.

ZAZusmc03
07-07-2010, 05:24 PM
This is ridiculouz. Billz83 iz now on block, believe that!

JCBills
07-07-2010, 05:27 PM
itz funny how u keep tryin to recruit people to ur side?! im not calling ANYONE RACIST EXCEPT FOR U! and im talkin **** cuz u was talkin **** to me for sumthing u disagreed with..so next dont go around talkin **** online..cuz id bet my BMW u wouldnt DARE look me in the eyes and run ur mouth..thas over a 25K car thas how confident i am..so go run along to ur KKK meeting.

all u racist fools

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plural

What side? The one that's laughing at you? Oh, those people, you mean everyone? They got here before I did.

billz83
07-07-2010, 05:35 PM
all u racist fools refers to racist people like URSELF not the other posters on this board..anyway like i said i dare u to show up at the PATS-BILLS game..for real..all **** talkin aside..ur an ignorant racist clown u deserves nothing but the worst hell..i actually got a life to live and **** to do so im out..dotn got time u argue with a racist ass clown...funny a racist piece of **** so says racist slang but denys hes racist..u are the biggest ***** ive ever had the pleasure to talk to online on any message board..dont forget to take ur pills tonight before u go to sleep..

JCBills
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
all u racist fools refers to racist people like URSELF not the other posters on this board..anyway like i said i dare u to show up at the PATS-BILLS game..for real..all **** talkin aside..ur an ignorant racist clown u deserves nothing but the worst hell..i actually got a life to live and **** to do so im out..dotn got time u argue with a racist ass clown...funny a racist piece of **** so says racist slang but denys hes racist..u are the biggest ***** ive ever had the pleasure to talk to online on any message board..dont forget to take ur pills tonight before u go to sleep..

You should do stand-up.

ZAZusmc03
07-07-2010, 06:00 PM
You should do stand-up.

He should do Elementary school visits to tell kids to stay in school...

Jeff1220
07-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Wow. I saw this thread near the top of the list and thought there might be some sort of new insight into Chad Jackson trying to make it on the Bills. Instead I'm stuck reading all this back and forth racist accusation drivel. :mad:

JCBills
07-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Wow. I saw this thread near the top of the list and thought there might be some sort of new insight into Chad Jackson trying to make it on the Bills. Instead I'm stuck reading all this back and forth racist accusation drivel. :mad:

I apologize for hijacking the thread, but I'm pretty sure everyone is sick of his posts.

BertSquirtgum
07-08-2010, 12:41 AM
i want to take a beer **** on billz83's face. does that make me a racist? the poo shall be wet and splatter his face completely. i think he deserves it wholeheartedly.

justasportsfan
07-08-2010, 10:05 AM
and got me banned....

I'm waiting for you to get banned here too.