PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe training with Chad Ochocinco

BillsWin
06-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Anyway twitter I'm headed to #MemorialField (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23MemorialField) on south beach to train with my coach and Roscoe Parish from the #Bills (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bills), see y'all later

http://twitter.com/OGOchocinco :wtf:

SquishDaFish
06-28-2010, 08:25 PM
With his talent I dont mind any Bills WR training with him.

BillsWin
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Will it do any good? Parrish has been a big disappointment at wide receiver.

SquishDaFish
06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Never know. Maybe our new coach will get something out of him. We know Dickey couldnt get the talent out of anyone period.

tampabay25690
06-28-2010, 08:49 PM

He also hasn't had a Offensive coordinator to get him the ball....
I would suck 2...

trapezeus
06-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Roscoe Once?

Prov401
06-29-2010, 03:26 AM
Roscoe Once?

I giggled. :p:

theanswer74
06-29-2010, 05:57 AM
Lee Evans has been a bigger disappointment, is it his fault?

Mr. Miyagi
06-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Roscoe UnoUno

jamze132
06-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Traning with Ochocinco can't be a bad thing, can it?

The last buffalo fan
06-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Roscoe Once?

Roscoe UnoUno

:spit: :up:

psubills62
06-29-2010, 10:06 AM

Bigger disappointment? Seriously?

Evans
893 yards per year (average), 6.5 TD's per year, 15.8 YPC, 4 total fumbles over 6 years

Parrish
217 yards per year (average), 1.8 TD's per year (including punt returns), 10.9 YPC, 12 total fumbles over 5 years

http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901

http://www.nfl.com/players/roscoeparrish/profile?id=PAR686635

You can argue Evans has been a relative disappointment, but to say he's a bigger disappointment than Parrish?

theanswer74
06-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Bigger disappointment? Seriously?

Evans
893 yards per year (average), 6.5 TD's per year, 15.8 YPC, 4 total fumbles over 6 years

Parrish
217 yards per year (average), 1.8 TD's per year (including punt returns), 10.9 YPC, 12 total fumbles over 5 years

http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901

http://www.nfl.com/players/roscoeparrish/profile?id=PAR686635

You can argue Evans has been a relative disappointment, but to say he's a bigger disappointment than Parrish?
Lee Evans is the #1 WR, #1 target, makes 9 million.

54 catches and 800 yards average the last 3 years is a huge disappointment for a #1 WR.

Yes Evans is the Bigger disappointment.

justasportsfan
06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
ya'll should be pointing at the qb's and the predictable/conservative offensive schemes before blaming any of the wr's.

theanswer74
06-29-2010, 10:42 AM
ya'll should be pointing at the qb's and the predictable/conservative offensive schemes before blaming any of the wr's.
Thats my whole point.

How can anyone say Parrish is a disappointment when our $9 million #1 WR is averaging 54 catches and 800 yards the last 3 years.

It makes no sense. Obviously the QB, OL, and Scheme are effecting the WR's. WR IMO is the most dependent position in the NFL, you need others to do well so you can do well.

justasportsfan
06-29-2010, 10:59 AM
How can anyone say Parrish is a disappointment when our $9 million #1 WR is averaging 54 catches and 800 yards the last 3 years.

His being paid 9 million is not his fault. Hard to live up to what you're paid when under Dick everyone knew where Lee was going to be especially the defense. Lee became one dimensional because he was made to run mostly in the outside .

Lets not forget Trent who had no confidence throwing the ball deep which in turn made Lee useless.

When Fewell took over, all of a sudden the passing came alive despite a crappy Fitz at qb. All of a sudden TO started playing like what he was brought in to do ,help Lee.

trapezeus
06-29-2010, 11:18 AM
"passing game coming alive" in 2009, is a relative term. it still sucked under fewell.

justasportsfan
06-29-2010, 11:20 AM
"passing game coming alive" in 2009, is a relative term. it still sucked under fewell.
yes it did but compared to when Dick was there it was better.

psubills62
06-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Thats my whole point.

It makes no sense. Obviously the QB, OL, and Scheme are effecting the WR's. WR IMO is the most dependent position in the NFL, you need others to do well so you can do well.

Because Parrish sucks.

What you don't seem to realize is that Evans has shown the ability to be a very good WR. Parrish has not. It seems fair to me to say Evans is being misused. Parrish has never shown the ability to be a consistently good WR. While there's a possibility he wasn't given the appropriate opportunities under Jauron and co., the most reasonable explanation is the simplest one - he's not good. He's a disappointment.

Beebe's Kid
06-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Evans has been neglected.

I always go back to the 2nd NE game last year. When it became apparent that Fitz wasn't going to go laser show, he started heaving the ball towards Lee, who then went and got it. That almost brought us back into the game.

Lee has made some highlight-reel catches, with a very small sample size...

Lee is not the problem. People get a hard on for him, because they need to keep blaming somebody, anybody. The truth is this teams offense wasn't bad...it was non-existent. We have not had an NFL-caliber offense since Dickie started running the show.

Gailey is known for, and has repeatedly said that he will, get the most out of the talents that his players possess. Lee has great hands and great speed. Lee is not a guy that you have to dig very deep to find how to use him.

Roscoe is quick, with unproven skills at WR. I think that he has a lot of pride, and is ready to show us what we've been missing. Working out with Ocho Cinco is a little alarming, we might lose the little fella under a sombrero.

trapezeus
06-29-2010, 12:36 PM
if gailey can't get evans out of double coverage though, i think we have to start wondering how good evans really is.

i get it. he was screwed like everyone else before and the offenses were not imaginative at all, but if gailey can turn our qb situation into a positive, and it doesn't involve Evans getting back over 1,000 yards, he might be our number 2.

justasportsfan
06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
if gailey can't get evans out of double coverage though, i think we have to start wondering how good evans really is.

i get it. he was screwed like everyone else before and the offenses were not imaginative at all, but if gailey can turn our qb situation into a positive, and it doesn't involve Evans getting back over 1,000 yards, he might be our number 2.
Even though Jake knew Steve Smith was going to be covered, he threw it to him anyways while Trent wouldn't throw even when Lee was open.

theanswer74
06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Do people understand the difference between a #3 slot WR and a #1 WR?

Just making sure.

Mr. Pink
06-29-2010, 10:50 PM
His being paid 9 million is not his fault. Hard to live up to what you're paid when under Dick everyone knew where Lee was going to be especially the defense. Lee became one dimensional because he was made to run mostly in the outside .

Lets not forget Trent who had no confidence throwing the ball deep which in turn made Lee useless.

When Fewell took over, all of a sudden the passing came alive despite a crappy Fitz at qb. All of a sudden TO started playing like what he was brought in to do ,help Lee.

You're right it's not Lee's fault he took 9 million. Any of us would have.

It is the front offices fault for overvaluing an average wr and overpaying him.

justasportsfan
06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
You're right it's not Lee's fault he took 9 million. Any of us would have.

It is the front offices fault for overvaluing an average wr and overpaying him.

yeah. he's average because the guy you keep defending was so conservative and so predictable when it came to his offensive philosophy. We shall find out soon enough how stupid Dick was offensively and we'll see if you will still come out and defend the guy.

Dick would have made Ocho cinco look average

Mr. Pink
06-29-2010, 11:23 PM
yeah. he's average because the guy you keep defending was so conservative and so predictable when it came to his offensive philosophy. We shall find out soon enough how stupid Dick was offensively and we'll see if you will still come out and defend the guy.

Dick would have made Ocho cinco look average

Dude, I've given plenty of examples in the past of guys in conservative offenses who put up the same exact numbers Lee Evans has. These guys were not stars, they're average NFL players.

It's good to see the fans, like the front office, completely overvalue guys who while yes are needed to build and compliment a roster are nowhere near star caliber.

Lee Evans would be a good number 2 to compliment a guy, unfortunately he's a 1 here because the talent behind him is just that bad and also unfortunately he's in a contract paid to elite WRs.

justasportsfan
06-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Dude, I've given plenty of examples in the past of guys in conservative offenses who put up the same exact numbers Lee Evans has. These guys were not stars, they're average NFL players.

It's good to see the fans, like the front office, completely overvalue guys who while yes are needed to build and compliment a roster are nowhere near star caliber.

Lee Evans would be a good number 2 to compliment a guy, unfortunately he's a 1 here because the talent behind him is just that bad and also unfortunately he's in a contract paid to elite WRs.

Dude, you are using conservative offenses of other teams that Dick didn't coach. FACT IS , Dicks has a history of bad offenses as a head coach for the most part. Both at chicago and buffalo.

1999 the bears had the 8th ranked offense.
2000 23th
2001 26th
2002 29th
2003 28th

He only had 1 good offensive season as a HC. Do you even want me to pull out the buffalo bills offense under Dick?

Yes ,some conservative systems have succeeded BUT NOT Dicks. Other conservative systems weren't predictable and didn't not play not to lose.Easy for you to blame the platers when history PROVES , Dick is good at setting up players to fail.

Go argue with the facts

BertSquirtgum
06-29-2010, 11:46 PM
you guys think he is going to mcdonalds with him everyday too?

Mr. Pink
06-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Dude, you are using conservative offenses of other teams that Dick didn't coach. FACT IS , Dicks has a history of bad offenses as a head coach for the most part. Both at chicago and buffalo.

1999 the bears had the 8th ranked offense.
2000 23th
2001 26th
2002 29th
2003 28th

He only had 1 good offensive season as a HC. Do you even want me to pull out the buffalo bills offense under Dick?

Yes ,some conservative systems have succeeded BUT NOT Dicks. Other conservative systems weren't predictable and didn't not play not to lose.Easy for you to blame the platers when history PROVES , Dick is good at setting up players to fail.

Go argue with the facts

And there's plenty of conservative offenses that haven't worked.

Kevin Johnson 2001 84 catches 1097 yards 9 tds 25th offense in scoring in the NFL.

1999 66 catches 986 yards 8 tds 31st offense in scoring which was dead last.

Guess he shoulda been paid elite money too right?

How about Marty Booker on that 2001 Bears team? 100 catches 1071 yards 8 TDs...elite money right?

Even better Marcus Robinson on the 1999 Bears! 84 catches 1400 yards 9 TDs...also elite?

Was that enough fact for you?

Philagape
06-29-2010, 11:56 PM

Lee Evans is irrelevant. He's a different player.
Some players have disappointing numbers because of their surroundings. Others do because they suck.
Not all players are the same.

Mr. Pink
06-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Lee Evans is irrelevant. He's a different player.
Some players have disappointing numbers because of their surroundings. Others do because they suck.
Not all players are the same.

When you're getting paid elite money you should still put up numbers regardless of what is around you. It's not like other receivers haven't done the same as Lee in just as bad of offenses. The difference is those guys never got elite money.

Lee getting paid half of what he makes now isn't a bad investment, unfortunately for us as fans and the team, he is getting paid to be elite. Something he clearly is not.

For Lee, he gets to laugh all the way to the bank about the team completely overvaluing him and paying him bucks.

justasportsfan
06-30-2010, 09:43 AM
When you're getting paid elite money you should still put up numbers regardless of what is around you. It's not like other receivers haven't done the same as Lee in just as bad of offenses. The difference is those guys never got elite money.

Lee getting paid half of what he makes now isn't a bad investment, unfortunately for us as fans and the team, he is getting paid to be elite. Something he clearly is not.

For Lee, he gets to laugh all the way to the bank about the team completely overvaluing him and paying him bucks.

I agree, Lee needs to have better nos. but you talk as if it's his fault. He doesn't throw to himself . He doesn't design the plays nor makes the calls.

We shall see soon enough with Gailey at hand.