PDA

View Full Version : WR Johnson Eager To Contribute

homeslice5484
06-30-2010, 08:57 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/WR-Johnson-eager-to-contribute/376f64ed-b9b5-4c22-aaf3-b185b4b6aff4

"Entering his third season in the NFL, expectations for wide receiver Steve Johnson are very high. The former University of Kentucky star was selected to the All-SEC first-team in 2007, after gaining 1,041 yards and 13 touchdowns that season for the Wildcats. He was chosen the Most Improved Offensive Player by the Kentucky coaching staff, and as a result of his efforts, was selected with the 224th overall selection in the 2008 NFL Draft by the Buffalo Bills.

So far in his young pro career, Johnson has appeared in only 16 games, hauling in 12 passes for 112 yards and two touchdowns for offensive coordinators Turk Schonert and Alex Van Pelt. With head coach Chan Gailey and offensive coordinator Curtis Modkins assuming control in 2010, all healthy players have seen considerable repetitions in offseason workouts to aid in mastering the nuances of the new offensive scheme.”

homeslice5484
06-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Been saying it since he was drafted, hopefully he proves me right...I believe he will!

ServoBillieves
06-30-2010, 10:22 AM
"Other players on the offensive side of the ball have taken notice of the wide receiver’s efforts thus far, including quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, who named Johnson as one of the players who had a sharp offseason and will contribute significantly this season. Feeding off the positive outlook shared by his teammates, Johnson said he wants to bring as much excitement as he can to the team, and to Bills fans, in 2010."

I was happy with the thought until I realized it was Fitzy who said it...

jamze132
06-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I thought he looked pretty good in the limited time he was on the field, especially in his rookie season. Thanks Dick and Co. for letting him progress even more last year. ****ing douchers.

SABURZFAN
06-30-2010, 05:33 PM
i'd like to see him help improve the WR position. that depends on the QB too.

bigbub2352
06-30-2010, 10:31 PM
i gotta say he may have been the complete victim of poor coaching from OC to WR coach to HC...think about it the play calling and the utilization of the player's on the roster...and not to mention the QB play

Just saying that he could turn out to be a hell of a football player if gailey is as good as advertised with his so-called dynamic offense

i for 1 hope he is the next andre reed

Tatonka
06-30-2010, 11:19 PM
it is kinda funny how similar both his and easly's college careers are..

Eventually
07-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Always have a soft spot for those late round picks. Really hope he shines this year, now that it appears he'll get his opportunity. Not sure how many rec/yds/tds there will be to go around this year but I do think he'll show a big jump in development nonetheless.

Beebe's Kid
07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
The ol'boy got rid of his dreads...that may hurt the man-crush factor.

I like SJ, and I hope he does well. With that being said...I hope all of the Bills do well. 16-0, biatches!! Billieve.