X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Re: Another Parrish thread

He spoke about himself in the third person...I am not sure he has earned the right to do that.

I hope it works out for him. I don't know why, but I always had a soft spot for the the little fella. I think Dick was a Dick for benching him. The fumble ultimately cost us that game, but it should have been put away long before that.

Roscoe seems mild mannered, and very respectful. I find it funny that Roscoe was the guy Dick chose to pick on...another confirmation that this team had no collective nuts last year.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

This is Roscoe's last chance to see the field outside of punt catching.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Dick benches one of the few guys on the roster who can actually make a big play and give you field position, go fiqure. Is it any surprise that all his teams sucked and was the worst head coach in Buffalo Bills history.
        Big shock, your punt returner fumbled a punt. It happens occasionally. It's not like it was a chronic habit with him. He's one of the best punt returners in the league and the moron benches him.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

Pretty clear!
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
            Dick benches one of the few guys on the roster who can actually make a big play and give you field position, go fiqure. Is it any surprise that all his teams sucked and was the worst head coach in Buffalo Bills history.
            Big shock, your punt returner fumbled a punt. It happens occasionally. It's not like it was a chronic habit with him. He's one of the best punt returners in the league and the moron benches him.
            with Parrish, it happened more than occasionally. And even when he didn't fumble, he'd field punts inside the 10 yard line or attempt to field them on the run or run backwards in an attempt to get an angle and lose yards. The guy was a walking mental mistake who earned a seat on the bench. In order to say he's one of the best punt returners in the league, you have to remember the handful of touchdowns while forgetting the plethora of mistakes.

With Jauron, well, I have to admit it's odd that Parrish was the only guy on the team that Jauron felt the need to hold accountable. There were probably 8 other starters who deserved to be benched as much-if not more- than Parrish. But the reality is that Parrish has never lived up to the hype and never moved beyond rookie mental mistakes, and he deserved to be benched.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

am i reading this right? you are calling jauron a bad coach because of his stance on Parrish?

Dick Jauron sucked because:
              1. no fire
              2. no clue on offense
              3. would not go for the win
              4. could not develop a team identity
              5. got cute when doing what worked succeeded
              6. could not manage a game clock to save his life
              7. was a nice guy that players didn't want to talk bad about but at the end of the day wouldn't play hard for at all.
              1209234. claps even after the worst possible scenario has played out.

Dick Jauron was ok because:
              1. he sat Roscoe.
              2....i have no idea

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I think benching Roscoe was one of the few things Dick got right. His main problem was that he refused to hold anyone else to the same level of accountability.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  I think benching Roscoe was one of the few things Dick got right. His main problem was that he refused to hold anyone else to the same level of accountability.
                  while I don't think much of Parrish ,I would like to see what Gailey can do with him. If he fails then, only then will I know that Dick was right.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

That's because Roscoe was the only player on the team Dick could beat the crap out of.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

with Parrish, it happened more than occasionally. And even when he didn't fumble, he'd field punts inside the 10 yard line or attempt to field them on the run or run backwards in an attempt to get an angle and lose yards. The guy was a walking mental mistake who earned a seat on the bench. In order to say he's one of the best punt returners in the league, you have to remember the handful of touchdowns while forgetting the plethora of mistakes.

With Jauron, well, I have to admit it's odd that Parrish was the only guy on the team that Jauron felt the need to hold accountable. There were probably 8 other starters who deserved to be benched as much-if not more- than Parrish. But the reality is that Parrish has never lived up to the hype and never moved beyond rookie mental mistakes, and he deserved to be benched.
                      Wow...you could just about insert any name here, couldn't you?

Nobody on this team ever improved significantly on what they were able to achieve as a rookie. I hope to hell that Gailey can actually coach these guys up.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        am i reading this right? you are calling jauron a bad coach because of his stance on Parrish?

Dick Jauron sucked because:
                        1. no fire
                        2. no clue on offense
                        3. would not go for the win
                        4. could not develop a team identity
                        5. got cute when doing what worked succeeded
                        6. could not manage a game clock to save his life
                        7. was a nice guy that players didn't want to talk bad about but at the end of the day wouldn't play hard for at all.
                        1209234. claps even after the worst possible scenario has played out.

Dick Jauron was ok because:
                        1. he sat Roscoe.
                        2....i have no idea

Are you kidding me ? I don't think you need to explain Dickies mistakes to any Bills fan. Parrish was just one of many.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

So your position is Parrish is a bad punt returner ?????

I will give you wr if Gailey doesn't get it out of him, but the guy can return punts.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                            I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                            • Jul 2005

Not sure what needs to be translated.. I had no problem understanding what Roscoe said...

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

So your position is Parrish is a bad punt returner ?????

I will give you wr if Gailey doesn't get it out of him, but the guy can return punts.
                              Define "bad."

He makes a lot of great plays as a PR. He also makes a lot of stupid ones. He's high-risk, high reward. Yes, punt returners will fumble on occasion. I can live with that. It's the constant mental mistakes that bother me. I can't live with fumbling because he tried to catch a short punt running forward at full speed. I can't live with losing 12 yards on a return late in a 1-score game. I can't live with fielding the ball inside the 10 and pinning a poor offense in the shadow of their own goalposts.

The guy could be one of the greatest punt returners of all time if he could just keep his head in the game and not think about the endzone every time. Sometimes the smart play is letting the ball sail over his head for a touchdown, or running forward and taking the 8-10 yards that are available. He has never shown the ability to understand that.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X