PDA

View Full Version : Ten Bills To Decide 2010, No. 5: Torell Troup

madness
07-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Ten Bills To Decide 2010, No. 5: Torell Troup (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/6/30/1544258/ten-bills-to-decide-2010-no-5)
When the Buffalo Bills selected Central Florida nose tackle Torell Troup in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft (at No. 41 overall), it's fair to say that more than a few eyebrows raised around Western New York.
http://www.billszone.com/mt/images/newsicons/bills.gif buffalorumblings.com/Brian Galliford | Posted at 11:51 AM

DraftBoy
07-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Completely lost the entire article on this statement;

Stopping the run starts with nose tackle play, however, and with all proper apologies to Kyle Williams and Lonnie Harvey, Troup by default is already the Bills' best run-stopping nose tackle.

justasportsfan
07-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I gotta say , I've enjoyed reading the articles from that site lately.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Completely lost the entire article on this statement;

You displeasure for Troup is comical.

DraftBoy
07-01-2010, 11:51 AM
You displeasure for Troup is comical.

Has nothing to do with my opinion, which is actually very high on Troup. But it shows a complete disregard for doing research and seeing that Harvey not only has the most exp as a 3-4 NT is actually an excellent run stuffer as well. Who had nearly identical numbers to Troup his senior year and didnt have the luxury of having two 10+ sack DE's on either side drawing attention from him.

Research goes a long way to knowing what you're talking about, the writer didnt do enough.

DraftBoy
07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
For those interested, a Lonnie Harvey highlight video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STi4DT1nE3M

Workout video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoxFwVxpwAM&feature=related

WeAreArthurMoates
07-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Has nothing to do with my opinion, which is actually very high on Troup. But it shows a complete disregard for doing research and seeing that Harvey not only has the most exp as a 3-4 NT is actually an excellent run stuffer as well. Who had nearly identical numbers to Troup his senior year and didnt have the luxury of having two 10+ sack DE's on either side drawing attention from him.

Research goes a long way to knowing what you're talking about, the writer didnt do enough.

Gotchya, I totally agree with you there then. Except, I credit Troup for having those to double digit sack guys. When OC's are still gameplanning to double team you and not the edge rushers it speaks for something. I really want to see Troup and Harvey on the same line in some situations.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Personally, I think Harvey's quickness we can put him at end like the Ravens do with Ngata.

ParanoidAndroid
07-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Gotchya, I totally agree with you there then. Except, I credit Troup for having those to double digit sack guys. When OC's are still gameplanning to double team you and not the edge rushers it speaks for something. I really want to see Troup and Harvey on the same line in some situations.

You might.... if they go 4-3 on occasion. With the bodies they have at DE, it might be tough for that combo to see the field on anything other than goal line work.

JCBills
07-01-2010, 06:23 PM

That argument goes both ways, neither posted double digit sacks before last season, so one could say Troup's improved performance allowed the DEs to get loose often. Either way, I do think it's kind of a weird statement for the author to make, and isn't really worth arguing until they hit the field. I like Harvey a lot, definite dark horse to be a long term part of the NT rotation. If both him and Troup pan out, that's a young duo with the potential to be one of the best (you know this), and everyone already knows how good Kyle Williams is, let's all just hope everyone is able to make the jump.

DraftBoy
07-01-2010, 10:49 PM
That argument goes both ways, neither posted double digit sacks before last season, so one could say Troup's improved performance allowed the DEs to get loose often. Either way, I do think it's kind of a weird statement for the author to make, and isn't really worth arguing until they hit the field. I like Harvey a lot, definite dark horse to be a long term part of the NT rotation. If both him and Troup pan out, that's a young duo with the potential to be one of the best (you know this), and everyone already knows how good Kyle Williams is, let's all just hope everyone is able to make the jump.

True but considering they each had over 5 in 08 (Geathers 5.5, Miller 7) its not like they came out of no where either.

JCBills
07-02-2010, 05:59 AM
True but considering they each had over 5 in 08 (Geathers 5.5, Miller 7) its not like they came out of no where either.

Yeah, respectable numbers, but probably not the opposing OC's main concern, at least at the beginning of the year. Their pass rushing ability won't really affect how they approach the run, so I don't know, it'll be interesting to see who does what in the league though.

tampabay25690
07-02-2010, 06:43 AM
I was 1 of the few that was very happy to see Troup drafted this early.
I see him play many times while at UCF and this guy reminds me a little of BJ Raji but has a quicker 1st step.
May take him a year or 2 but with him Kyle Williams, and Harvey this will make our DT a bit stronger. The DT play is the biggest key to the 3-4....
I see Troup in on 3rd downs or when they run packages with 2 DT and put him over the OT...

DraftBoy
07-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Yeah, respectable numbers, but probably not the opposing OC's main concern, at least at the beginning of the year. Their pass rushing ability won't really affect how they approach the run, so I don't know, it'll be interesting to see who does what in the league though.

I have to strongly disagree with you but we aren't going to get anywhere on this.

madness
07-02-2010, 02:42 PM
4 - Chris
We have heard very little about Kyle Williams. Will he be our nose tackle? How is he doing? I know he is a great player but is he a fit at nose tackle and if not who is,and then where would Kyle play?
Ron from Greensboro , NC
CB: Kyle is the starting nose tackle. Defensive coordinator George Edwards realizes Williams does not have the prototypical size of a nose, so he’s going to adjust the scheme accordingly, though he won’t say what those adjustments will be. I believe that when all is said and done that Kyle will play about 75 percent of the snaps at the nose with Torell Troup playing 25 percent. Williams will be in for any and all passing down situations, with Troup (not Harvey) giving him a break on some obvious run downs.

The last buffalo fan
07-02-2010, 05:24 PM
For those interested, a Lonnie Harvey highlight video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STi4DT1nE3M

Workout video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoxFwVxpwAM&feature=related

that mofo is huge and really can move!!

JCBills
07-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I have to strongly disagree with you but we aren't going to get anywhere on this.

Haha I know, it's kind of a two-part argument, attention payed to who in what situations.