• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Toughness? Scoring? PP?

So far, most of the big names in FA are already gone.

And the Sabres have managed to.... swap Tallinder and Lydman for Jordan Leopold (and maybe Kubina but nothing confirmed at the time of this post).

Who is going to fix the PP? Who is going to add the much needed scoring? Where are we going to get that toughness that we've been missing since the lockout?

Miller's stellar play covered up a lot of problems for this team, but they were exposed during the playoffs. With options running out, the Sabres have once again done NOTHING to address any of them.

I don't understand what the problem is. Are we so strapped for cash/cap space that we can't make any moves? Do Quinn and Darcy simply not see the problem?

Expect another season without playoffs.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Wolffman
    • Jul 2004

Re: Toughness? Scoring? PP?

You're really going to freak out after free agency has been open for a little over 10 hours?

Give them a chance. If they haven't addressed these concerns in a week, then you have every right to be upset. Getting all hot and bothered now is stupid.

Everyone needs to take a breath.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

The problem is not the spending of money, but the morons who run this team. They have no clue what the hell they are doing and do not know how to build a Championship team. These guys are losers and have a losers mentality.

Comment

• RockStar36
        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
        So far, most of the big names in FA are already gone.

And the Sabres have managed to.... swap Tallinder and Lydman for Jordan Leopold (and maybe Kubina but nothing confirmed at the time of this post).

Who is going to fix the PP? Who is going to add the much needed scoring? Where are we going to get that toughness that we've been missing since the lockout?

Miller's stellar play covered up a lot of problems for this team, but they were exposed during the playoffs. With options running out, the Sabres have once again done NOTHING to address any of them.

I don't understand what the problem is. Are we so strapped for cash/cap space that we can't make any moves? Do Quinn and Darcy simply not see the problem?

Expect another season without playoffs.
        The bolded part is about as asinine as a comment can be.

D & S Sports

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
          Very ignorant.
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• rbochan
            Zamboni Driver
            • Jun 2008

If by asinine, you mean pragmatic, then I agree.
            ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
            it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wolffman
              You're really going to freak out after free agency has been open for a little over 10 hours?

Give them a chance. If they haven't addressed these concerns in a week, then you have every right to be upset. Getting all hot and bothered now is stupid.

Everyone needs to take a breath.
              Give them a chance?

Who is left that could solve any of those problems? Give me names and then I'll back off. But by my observation, all of the guys who could help with those issues are already off the table.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

How so? Our D is less experienced, our O and PP are no better than they were, other teams in our conference have improved. We're not going to be able to ride Miller to a division win again.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

Give them a chance?

Who is left that could solve any of those problems? Give me names and then I'll back off. But by my observation, all of the guys who could help with those issues are already off the table.
                  They could sign Kubina.

Then again, the PP d-man might be a guy coming up for Portland. Honestly, do any of us know the answer to that. I really don't know a whole lot of what goes on in Portland and I would assume the same for most of us around here.

As for forwards. Matthew Lombardi and Bill Guerin are both still available and both would be good additions.

Of course, I have no knowledge that either are even being pursued by Buffalo, but they are there.

Edit: Guess not on Kubina.
                  Last edited by RockStar36; 07-02-2010, 08:41 AM.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                    • Sep 2004

How so? Our D is less experienced, our O and PP are no better than they were, other teams in our conference have improved. We're not going to be able to ride Miller to a division win again.
                    Again...I will agree with all of this if the current roster is the roster hitting the ice on opening night. I'm not going to get wound up on July 2nd about it.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Again...I will agree with all of this if the current roster is the roster hitting the ice on opening night. I'm not going to get wound up on July 2nd about it.
                      And this is where your logic fails: where are these magical roster additions going to come from?

Portland? How well are they going to do with a bunch of rookies? That may be the solution in the future but it won't help in the short term.

Trades? Other teams have been trading for a week already. Most of the guys on the trading block are already gone.

FA's? Again, all the big names are off the table.

Maybe you know something that I don't, but at this point I see very limited opportunities to change the current roster.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                        • Sep 2004

And this is where your logic fails: where are these magical roster additions going to come from?

Portland? How well are they going to do with a bunch of rookies? That may be the solution in the future but it won't help in the short term.

Trades? Other teams have been trading for a week already. Most of the guys on the trading block are already gone.

FA's? Again, all the big names are off the table.

Maybe you know something that I don't, but at this point I see very limited opportunities to change the current roster.
                        What is this fascination with 'big names'?

It's like, if I haven't heard of him, he sucks. I don't get that line of thinking.

There are still plenty of people available in FA and trades. Free agency is a whopping 22 hours old.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

It's like, if I haven't heard of him, he sucks. I don't get that line of thinking.

There are still plenty of people available in FA and trades. Free agency is a whopping 22 hours old.
                          That's not the mentality at all. Like I just said in another thread, we need upgrades, not just change. Most of the people in this thread follow hockey more than your average person.

This team needs more scoring and a better PP, not just different names who are equal to or worse than the guys we already have. If we don't improve in those areas, we'll have the same mediocre results we've had the last 3 years.

So, who are these 25-30 goal scorers and PP QB types lurking in FA that none of us have ever heard of?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

It's not about "big" names....it's about going after proven players who have produced in this league. We NEVER do that, it's like they think they're above that, but the funny thing is...they have never won a damn thing doing things their way. Quinn and Regier are two of the dumber individuals in hockey.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

That's not the mentality at all. Like I just said in another thread, we need upgrades, not just change. Most of the people in this thread follow hockey more than your average person.

This team needs more scoring and a better PP, not just different names who are equal to or worse than the guys we already have. If we don't improve in those areas, we'll have the same mediocre results we've had the last 3 years.

So, who are these 25-30 goal scorers and PP QB types lurking in FA that none of us have ever heard of?
                              Maybe not your mentality, but that is most certainly the mentality of many Sabre fans.

The reaction to Leopold yesterday was hilarious.

"Who is this guy, I've never heard of him"

"OMG HE SUCKS!!"

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X