07-02-2010, 10:07 AM
:shelby:

Miller must be livid.

Wolffman
07-02-2010, 10:14 AM
source? Did he say it himself?

OpIv37
07-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I'll wait for a source before posting a reaction, but if that's true, I'm going to be fuming.

RockStar36
07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
He hinted at something to that effect this morning when I was listening to the radio. That they have one or two guys in Portland that they feel are ready to come up to the NHL.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't believe a word that guy says anymore. There are still defensemen out there that can help you. Andy Sutton is a fine player. MA Bergeron can help you PP.

OpIv37
07-02-2010, 10:41 AM
He hinted at something to that effect this morning when I was listening to the radio. That they have one or two guys in Portland that they feel are ready to come up to the NHL.

did he mention who?

THATHURMANATOR
07-02-2010, 10:47 AM
did he mention who?
Obviously Weber( who is most certainly ready) and Grangani (who is very skilled as well)

I would love a kaberle type player though.

Michael82
07-02-2010, 10:48 AM
I hope that he's just talking right now. If this is true, I will be pissed! :mad:

JD
07-02-2010, 10:49 AM
He said it yesterday in an interview on wgr. nickolasmendola tweeted it.

ddaryl
07-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I hope that he's just talking right now. If this is true, I will be pissed! :mad:

I've already figure it to be fact...

this team is not going to do anything in FA.... I wish they would but it's been obvious the last few years on how this team chooses to operate.

RockStar36
07-02-2010, 10:58 AM
did he mention who?

I can't remember specifically but Thurm is spot on, it's those 2 guys that are the most ready to step up, if this were to be the case.

I have a hard time taking anything he says seriously though. Lots of this is GM speak and negotiating tactics. I guess we'll see.

Nighthawk
07-02-2010, 12:23 PM
If this is the organization's idea of upgrading this team, then they are even more stupid then we thought. The more they screw up, the more right they prove all of the fans that question their ability.

RockStar36
07-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm not defending this decision if it's true, but I do have a question.

What is the point of having an AHL affiliate if you don't eventually move some of those players up to the NHL team?

Nighthawk
07-02-2010, 12:28 PM

What is the point of having an AHL affiliate if you don't eventually move some of those players up to the NHL team?

What's the point of FA or trading if you never decide to upgrade where you need it...especially if you the upgrade is not in your organization now?

RockStar36
07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Thank you for answering my question

OpIv37
07-02-2010, 12:31 PM

Our team is stocked with players who came up through the AHL affiliate- what has it gotten us?

Nighthawk
07-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Thank you for answering my question

No offense, and I usually agree with you on many things, but you're making up every excuse in the book for this organization . The fact is, and nobody can argue this, is that this team is/was not good enough and needed to be upgraded. Promoting from within with what they have is not upgrading.

RockStar36
07-02-2010, 12:38 PM
No offense, and I usually agree with you on many things, but you're making up every excuse in the book for this organization . The face is, and nobody can argue this, is that this team is/was not good enough and needed to be upgraded. Promoting from within with what they have is not upgrading.

I'm not making any excuses.

I want Kaberle in Buffalo...BAD.

I'm just simply saying that sometimes you do have to promote from within, that is the point of the minors.

Was everybody this down on Miller when he was brought up from the AHL?

Nighthawk
07-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm not making any excuses.

I want Kaberle in Buffalo...BAD.

I'm just simply saying that sometimes you do have to promote from within, that is the point of the minors.

Was everybody this down on Miller when he was brought up from the AHL?

No, because he was a "superstar" in the waiting...totally different thing. Miller is more comparable to everybody wanting Myers here last year because we all thougth he was going to be very good. Same thing applies to when Miller was coming throught the system.

DMBcrew36
07-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Fine with me if they focus on picking up a forward or two.

This quote also doesn't rule out trading for a d-man.

OpIv37
07-02-2010, 01:56 PM
No, because he was a "superstar" in the waiting...totally different thing. Miller is more comparable to everybody wanting Myers here last year because we all thougth he was going to be very good. Same thing applies to when Miller was coming throught the system.

And it's kind of scary that we don't really have anyone in the system like that now. Ennis? he'll probably stay with the team for most of this year. Gerbe? He's average at best. Kassian? He'll be a good 3-4th liner in the NHL but won't ever be a superstar. What you see is what you get. Uggh.

Rumpleforeskin
07-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Just wondering what you guys would think of a Vanek for Kaberle deal? Not necessarily one for one but as the main parts of a trade, with Kaberle agreeing to sign an extension with the Sabers.

rbochan
07-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Just wondering what you guys would think of a Vanek for Kaberle deal? Not necessarily one for one but as the main parts of a trade, with Kaberle agreeing to sign an extension with the Sabers.

I'd rather not give up the best of the forwards. I'd rather see one of the expert mouth-guard chewers go.

Electrici
07-04-2010, 11:30 PM
The way the team responded without Vanek in the lineup indicates (to me atleast) that he'll be staying with this team for the rest of his contract.

BuffaloBeliever
07-05-2010, 04:12 AM
This team needs to trade a second round pick, Drew Stafford and a prospect for Tomas Kaberle and then try to swing a trade for Jeff Carter involving Tim Connolly.