PDA

View Full Version : Fan Friday 7-2

justasportsfan
07-02-2010, 01:29 PM
3 - Hey Chris,

I know everyone has their questions about the new offense under Coach Gailey that is being implemented and I guess my question won’t be any different. However, mine is concerned with the WR position this fall. With Lee Evans the obvious #1 and James Hardy emerging as the possible #2, who do you see filling out the rest of the pecking order for this position with all the talent we have at that position in guys like Parrish, Johnson, Easley, Roosevelt, Huggins, Jones and anyone else?
Thanks for all the news as always.

Korey
Ashville, NY

CB: I don’t think Hardy has anything locked down by any means and even he would tell you that. He got off to a slow start in the spring coming off an injury and Steve Johnson had arguably the most consistent spring. Marcus Easley showed big play ability and the rookie free agents all showed they’re capable of playing on this level.

I think Roscoe is the top slot guy, but the #2 WR role is wide open going into camp. I personally would narrow it down to Hardy, Johnson and Easley, but Chan Gailey isn’t doing that.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/07/02/fan-friday-7-2/

psubills62
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to end up seeing Spiller and Easley in the slot more and more as the season goes on. Especially if Parrish under-performs yet again.

justasportsfan
07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to end up seeing Spiller and Easley in the slot more and more as the season goes on. Especially if Parrish under-performs yet again.

ServoBillieves
07-02-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm excited about the possibilities of this receiving corp. This year? No... but seeing how Stevie and James can perform in the system without T.O.'s shadow this year, of Roosevelt and Easely who can step up and perform from the late rounds/UDFA, and if Jackson/Parrish can finally live up to their early round potential.

Flame away.

justasportsfan
07-02-2010, 01:34 PM

Easely could also play the oustide opposite Lee too.

We could end up with players who can play several positions. We should be able to move them around.

ddaryl
07-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm excited about the possibilities of this receiving corp. This year? No... but seeing how Stevie and James can perform in the system without T.O.'s shadow this year, of Roosevelt and Easely who can step up and perform from the late rounds/UDFA, and if Jackson/Parrish can finally live up to their early round potential.

Flame away.

for me this is what might make the season a little more exciting.. Watching young guys take some steps ot being future contributors and possible stars.

psubills62
07-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Easely could also play the oustide opposite Lee too.

We could end up with players who can play several positions. We should be able to move them around.

Yeah, my comment about Easley was probably more wishful thinking than reality. He's raw, so they'll most likely just have him learn the outside receiver position before giving him anything else to learn.

Now that I really think about it, if Parrish isn't doing much, they might just move Evans to the slot on the 3 and 4-wide sets, putting Johnson/Hardy/Easley at the outside.

madness
07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Ooh I'm posting #4 in the Troup thread.

jamze132
07-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Man, if we just had a LT, C, RT, and a QB, we could be pretty good!

X-Era
07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Parrish for LeBron straight up!

Beebe's Kid
07-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Evans in the slot is a ****ing fantastic idea.

My guess is we will forget about Hardy...well most of us. There will always be the few that won't let it die. I think he is going to be out hustled, and out performed, and at the end of the day, he will be the odd man out.

JCBills
07-03-2010, 11:05 AM
for me this is what might make the season a little more exciting.. Watching young guys take some steps ot being future contributors and possible stars.

That's all any Bills fan with perspective can ask for this year. All I want to see is growth.

Dr. Pepper
07-03-2010, 11:21 AM
roscoe in the slot will be a disaster. we're all going to miss drops reed if that happens.

BillsWin
07-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Lee and Easley on the outside, Johnson in the slot, Parrish cut and Hardy in on redzone plays.

That wasn't so hard. I could be the head coach.