PDA

View Full Version : If I could take over now.....

clumping platelets
07-04-2010, 11:11 PM
this is what I would do......

Dump Connolly on whoever would take him. Give me at least a C/F prospect for Portland and a cond 2011 pick.

Trade RW Stafford to any team that can give us a prospect and/or cond 2011 pick

Trade D Sekera to any team that can give us a prospect and/or cond 2011

Sign D Andy Sutton, D Brett Lebda, C John Madden, and RW Aaron Asham

Would that not improve this team?

Ebenezer
07-05-2010, 08:03 AM

Dump Connolly on whoever would take him. Give me at least a C/F prospect for Portland and a cond 2011 pick.

No offense but that is not exactly a revelation. Other than DR and LQ find somebody to disagree with you.

chernobylwraiths
07-05-2010, 10:50 AM

I like the moves made to get players off the team.

I would like a guy like Sutton and I think John Madden would be great, but he might be a little too expensive and he might be just looking at another try for the Cup. Someone like Belanger might be decent as a penalty kill center.

I am surprised the the Rangers are keeping Chris Drury and his seven mil a year salary. If he were bought out, I would love to get him back at half or a little more of his salary. I would also resign Raffi Torres. He plays with toughness and has some offensive ability, though he didn't show much for the brief time he played for the Sabres. If I were trading for someone that isn't a superstar, I would go for a guy like Shane Doan.

I also wouldn't mind trading anyone on this team with the exception of Miller and Myers. I think a guy like Roy might be good bait as his contract isn't terrible and he has another two years on it I believe.

SabreEleven
07-05-2010, 10:54 AM

This would mean they actually cared about winning. I'm not so sure they care about anything but profits.

trapezeus
07-05-2010, 12:02 PM
i'm pretty sure that darcy has taken a long 4th of july weekend for the last 10 years....so irritating.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
I zero problem getting rid of Connolly, we have been patient with him for long enough. He has to have some trade value out there and I would think if it was a prospect, it would be a decent prospect.

I get the feeling that Stafford goes somewhere and becomes a 30 goal scorer. I think he just isn't motivated here. I think a mid level prospect is all he is worth.

There are still free agents out there that helps your team. Andy Sutton would be a good replacement for Tallinder, same sort of player yet you get more defense and toughness with Sutton. Lee Stepniak could help, he isn't what I wanted when free agency started but hometown boy that was on fire at the end of last season.

If there is any way to land Bobby Ryan, I am on board with that every day of the week, but that would probably mean dealing some picks and good prospects and I know this team loves them.