X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCBills
    • Jan 2010

Brohm Says He's Ready

Brenden Schooler came out of nowhere Sunday to reject a Dolphins field goal attempt. How he do it? How did the play come about?

"I feel like I can fully compete for this starting job. I feel like I'm ready to take charge out there. We'll see what happens. But I feel like I'm at a position where I'll be able to put my best foot forward and make a legitimate run at the starting job."
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Brohm Says He's Ready

he is the only QB that gives me hope on the roster....

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Not like everybody else in the NFL and some guys out it wouldn't say the same thing. If you don't FEEL ready, you shouldn't be in the NFL in the first place. If you don't SAY that you feel you are ready, you WON'T be in the NFL. In other words, and with all due respect, this really means nothing. What matters is that he PROVES that he is ready and produced on the field. Talk is cheap. We always hear the most positive things in the offseason, and then the whole house of cards falls down when things play out.

Gotta admit that I'd be more excited to see Brohm win the job than anyone else. Hopefully, if that happens, he does well...needless to say. If anyone else wins the job and doesn't light it up, people will be screaming for Brohm all year. you can count on that, even though he hasn't proven a thing in the NFL yet.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

didn't he say this last year when we got him? didn't he say this before his start in atlanta?

i'm not anti-brohm, but i'm tired of these articles from bills players. i would rather see a not available for comment article and then outstanding performance.

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
          didn't he say this last year when we got him? didn't he say this before his start in atlanta?

i'm not anti-brohm, but i'm tired of these articles from bills players. i would rather see a not available for comment article and then outstanding performance.
          he might have been ready speed wise for the atlanta game but we all know he did not know the playbook, he had 1 week to learn it give the guy a break on that game.

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i'm not saying brohm can't win it, but we've been reading this articles for years, and no one has meaningfully stepped up to the plate and made the fan's desires their desires.

I really do have my fingeres crossed that gailey has everyone up to speed and that we make a ridiculous run that no one saw coming.

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by feldspar
              Not like everybody else in the NFL and some guys out it wouldn't say the same thing. If you don't FEEL ready, you shouldn't be in the NFL in the first place. If you don't SAY that you feel you are ready, you WON'T be in the NFL. In other words, and with all due respect, this really means nothing. What matters is that he PROVES that he is ready and produced on the field. Talk is cheap. We always hear the most positive things in the offseason, and then the whole house of cards falls down when things play out.

Gotta admit that I'd be more excited to see Brohm win the job than anyone else. Hopefully, if that happens, he does well...needless to say. If anyone else wins the job and doesn't light it up, people will be screaming for Brohm all year. you can count on that, even though he hasn't proven a thing in the NFL yet.
              It's just an offseason nothing-to-talk-about article. Yeah, it doesn't say much, but he recognizes he needed time to adjust like most QBs do, and he's working hard to be successful. Good to know I guess haha.

Comment

• JCBills
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus

Someone gave him an interview then? I don't think any QB would be 100% ready being on a team for 5 weeks.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

I have a sister's cousin's baby daddy uncle twice removed that works at the Courier Journal, and it appears we have, once again, been given the Kool-Aid.

Apparently there was more to this article than was printed, which there always is, but this is particularly interesting.

When I asked Brohm about his chances of starting this year, his response was interesting, "I was cut in Green Bay. I was on the Practice Squad, you know that right? I don't stand a chance in this league. I was already, for all intents and purposes, out of the league, and the Bills were stupid enough to grab me off of the trash heap. What am I supposed to do? Turn down the money?"

Brohm wasn't seeing the Bills' chances through rose colored lenses either, " This team? How is THIS team going to do? We are going to lose at least 18 games. We have no quarterback, offensive or defensive lines, and our coaches wouldn't cut it as water boys in NFL Europe. These fans will believe anything you tell them, so I just said all that stuff about Gailey and the offense. We're ****ed, bro. ****ed hard." he said, laughing.
                  I knew it!! The rest of the world is in on the joke!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

coaching is the only thing that will change this team aorund long term and short term....

and coaching could change the fate of all of our QB's...osmething so many here are not figuring into their mindsets..

Brohm will succeed if Gailey coaches him to succeed.. same goes for Edwards or Fitz..... it will come down to gameday decisions and preperation somethings Jauron was incapable of.

and all players are ready wether they are or not... nobody looks into the camera or speaks into the microphone and says "I don't feel I'm ready"
                    Last edited by ddaryl; 07-06-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Not really surprised. With a full off-season learning the playbook and participating in the mini camps, he SHOULD feel much better than he felt ANY point last year when he joined the Bills mid-season.

The second part of feeling given a chance to start may be more revealing. When he was drafted in GB, he knew he'd not start in his rookie year. The next year with Rogers establishing himself, he knew he had no shot at all. Here, this time, he felt he had a legit shot.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        and coaching could change the fate of all of our QB's...osmething so many here are not figuring into their mindsets..
                        Because players are not video game characters with coaches at the controls.
                        Because players are unique individuals who will succeed or fail based on how good they are, and also how good the players around them are. Coaching is one small factor.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

I like his description of Gailey's offense.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

I don't care what people say. Edwards sucks, Fitzpatrick sucks. They both have proven suckage.

Brohm is the least known level of suck.

Give him a shot.

Edwards makes me sick and Fitzptrick is laughable. Brohm is different.

This is a throw away season, so give the kid a shot. We'll either be pleasantly surprised or in good position to draft a stud.

Win-win in my opinion.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                              Brohm is the least known level of suck.

Give him a shot.

he got cut in favor of a late draft pick.

I do however think he is getting better as time goes by but I'm not ready to pull the plug on Trent until he fails in Gailey's system.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X