PDA

View Full Version : NFL sirius Today

tampabay25690
07-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Little info and you guys can take it for what it's worth.

I was on Sirius with Jim Miller and Vic Carruci this afternoon. As we know VIC has alot of insight with the Bills.

1 of my questions was about the QB spot and what guys may stay and who may get cut. Vic and Jim Miller both think Brian Brohm will be the odd man out in Buffalo and Trent Edwards will be the starter.....

Vic said he was in Buffalo for mini camp and does not think Brian Brohm has what it takes to be the QB in Buffalo...

Like I said take it for what it's worth................

ddaryl
07-06-2010, 03:54 PM
there is no intelligent reasoning in thinking Fitz has what it takes...

HHURRICANE
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Well, this was my prediction at the end of last season.

If Brohm can't break into the number one or two position he offers very little as the #3 QB. We are better offer carrying two QBs and keeping another guy on the field.

HHURRICANE
07-06-2010, 04:00 PM
there is no intelligent reasoning in thinking Fitz has what it takes...

But if the media is out there watching the 3 QBs throw the ball and Brohm looks bad are we supposed to ignore that?

Novacane
07-06-2010, 04:09 PM
But if the media is out there watching the 3 QBs throw the ball and Brohm looks bad are we supposed to ignore that?

Yes! We should ignore pretty much everything the media says. They think they are experts. They are'nt. They are guys with a public forum to voice thier opinions.

Brohm my not be the answer but neither are the other 2 schmucks on our roster.

Novacane
07-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Vic probably saw a couple bad throws and concluded Brohm does not have what it takes. I like Vic's writing and he may have some inside info when it comes to who the Bills may sign, release, etc. When it comes to him offering an opinion on who looks good or bad in practice I take it the same as I take most opinions posted on this board. With a grain of salt.

djjimkelly
07-06-2010, 04:39 PM
ive been listening to sirius for years and jim miler has been homerishly behind edwards.

hes not the type to back off on what he likes even if they suck. keep listening and u will find that out.

and for the record all these guys suck only thing is brohm hasnt had a chance to prove it yet

PromoTheRobot
07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Why does Vic Carucci have any insight into the Bills anymore? He's been gone from Buffalo for years.

PTR

Nighthawk
07-06-2010, 05:11 PM
For the record...Vic is not very connected to the Bills anymore and has rarely been correct recently. Jim Miller is an absolute tool...I listen to him everytime he is on and he is just not very insightful. Let's not forget that this guy believed that Dickey was a great coach and should've kept his job.

Nighthawk
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Why does Vic Carucci have any insight into the Bills anymore? He's been gone from Buffalo for years.

PTR

He hasn't been gone, I believe he still lives in Buffalo, but you're correct, he is not very connected to the Bills anymore.

Goobylal
07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Opinions are like, well, you know. Training camp, and then the regular season, will really tell us what's what.

homeslice5484
07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Vic also said we were not speaking to Cowher or Shanahan....

Goobylal
07-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Carucci was the one who reported Peppers to the Pats last year for just a 2nd rounder. I haven't listened to a thing he's said since then.

DraftBoy
07-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Everytime a reporter says something negative about the Bills...it is unbelievable to a certain degree.

tampabay25690
07-06-2010, 07:41 PM
He hasn't been gone, I believe he still lives in Buffalo, but you're correct, he is not very connected to the Bills anymore.

Yes he said he still lives in Buffalo and follows the BILLS...
SO I think he may have some insight....
The guy only worked for the Buffalo News......

tampabay25690
07-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Vic also said we were not speaking to Cowher or Shanahan....

Who really knows what was really discussed anyway????

tampabay25690
07-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Everytime a reporter says something negative about the Bills...it is unbelievable to a certain degree.

Wasn't really all negative they both were saying the Bills will be competitive to a certain degree....
Said all the pressure is on Chan on getting this offense in motion...
Was good listening though....

Commissioner
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
For the record...Vic is not very connected to the Bills anymore and has rarely been correct recently. Jim Miller is an absolute tool...I listen to him everytime he is on and he is just not very insightful. Let's not forget that this guy believed that Dickey was a great coach and should've kept his job.

I love it ...

When people don't like what they hear.... they immediately attack the source.

But then they think they can judge the QB's by the 3 minute footage they see of them from mini camps.

Nighthawk
07-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Yes he said he still lives in Buffalo and follows the BILLS...
SO I think he may have some insight....
The guy only worked for the Buffalo News......

Lives in Buffalo, but does not follow the Bills on a working basis. Trust us, he is not that connected to the workings at One Bills Drive.

Commissioner
07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Lives in Buffalo, but does not follow the Bills on a working basis. Trust us, he is not that connected to the workings at One Bills Drive.

He does the post game show after every Bills game on WEDG.... He's the National Editor for NFL.com. I'm sure he's got connections everywhere especially from the area he's from.

Stop kidding yourself.

tampabay25690
07-07-2010, 05:09 AM

Dont trust you on this statement....

tampabay25690
07-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Like I said take it for what it's worth thats what was talked about yesterday on Sirius.....
Just wanted to share it with my Bills friends.
Why do people right away have to pick apart everything.
I am not one to EVER come on here and spread a rumor.
Just wanted to state a fact.
It's so funny how some of you because you watch a blurb on buffalobills.com that you know whats going on at camp. I listen to radio shows all day while driving so I do get to hear quite a bit of info all day long....

I guess that's why I don't post a thread all the time....
I do believe VIC CARUCCI is a reliable source for the Buffalo Bills he is still very close with Allen Wilson with the Buff News....

malvado78
07-07-2010, 05:40 AM
But, but Brohm says he's ready...
;)

YardRat
07-07-2010, 05:48 AM
I'm sure Carrucci still has some connections to the team, but highly doubt that he is 'inside' the inner circle enough to glean any comments that might indicate which QB's may or may not stick.

If Brohm doesn't make the squad, his NFL career is probably over. Being a second-round pick relegated to the practice squad is bad enough, but a QB being cut by the Bills should be a resume' killer.

tampabay25690
07-07-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm sure Carrucci still has some connections to the team, but highly doubt that he is 'inside' the inner circle enough to glean any comments that might indicate which QB's may or may not stick.

If Brohm doesn't make the squad, his NFL career is probably over. Being a second-round pick relegated to the practice squad is bad enough, but a QB being cut by the Bills should be a resume' killer.

Hey to be honest I hope he is wrong and Brohm is the starter....
I think us Bills fans need a change.
We just want to win!!!!!!!!!

ddaryl
07-07-2010, 07:27 AM

pretty much... I know I am.... especially after numeorus reports and video of Brohm lookng good just recently

DraftBoy
07-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Wasn't really all negative they both were saying the Bills will be competitive to a certain degree....
Said all the pressure is on Chan on getting this offense in motion...
Was good listening though....

No what I mean is that because they had the audacity to be critical of a Buffalo Bills player they will now be bashed and have their qualifications questioned despite being nationally renowned and respected reporter.

Anyone who dares be critcial of the Bills shall go to damnation! Except Op, he's the only one its ok for.

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 08:21 AM
No what I mean is that because they had the audacity to be critical of a Buffalo Bills player they will now be bashed and have their qualifications questioned despite being nationally renowned and respected reporter.

Yet, if he goes to Bills practice next week and says "Brian Brohm looks GREAT and I think the Bills might surprise some people this year!", everyone will be talking about how Carucci is so much better than Jamie Dukes and Rich Eisen, and how we really should trust his opinion.

Ed
07-07-2010, 12:10 PM
I think Vic is just giving his opinion on what he's seen so far, which is probably more insightful then most. But how could anyone have any real info on the qb situation right now when training camp hasn't even started. If it's truly an open competition, then not even Chan Gailey knows exactly how things are going to shake out. And with the three qb's we have right now, I don't think any particular scenario would surprise anyone.

tampabay25690
07-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Yet, if he goes to Bills practice next week and says "Brian Brohm looks GREAT and I think the Bills might surprise some people this year!", everyone will be talking about how Carucci is so much better than Jamie Dukes and Rich Eisen, and how we really should trust his opinion.

IMO Jamie Dukes is terrible.....
I have always liked Carucci to be honest...

tampabay25690
07-07-2010, 12:11 PM
I think Vic is just giving his opinion on what he's seen so far, which is probably more insightful then most. But how could anyone have any real info on the qb situation right now when training camp hasn't even started. If it's truly an open competition, then not even Chan Gailey knows exactly how things are going to shake out. And with the three qb's we have right now, I don't think any particular scenario would surprise anyone.

Well said

Nighthawk
07-07-2010, 12:19 PM

Exactly...

OpIv37
07-07-2010, 01:36 PM
IMO Jamie Dukes is terrible.....
I have always liked Carucci to be honest...

Eh, I didn't mean to call you out personally, and you may not be one of the people who does this, but there is a trend of hypocrisy on this board when it comes to the national sports media.

When the media is trashing the Bills (as is usually the case), people on this board attack their credentials, accuse the media of being biased, or accuse them of not paying enough attention to the Bills to have an informed opinion.

But when someone in the national sports media says something good about the Bills, suddenly people get all excited and consider it a sign of good things to come.

So, the general sentiment on this board is that the tone/content that the media takes regarding the Bills determines their credibility.

I used to get mad when people in the media trash the Bills, but now I get mad at the team for creating a situation where trashing the team is justified.

tampabay25690
07-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Eh, I didn't mean to call you out personally, and you may not be one of the people who does this, but there is a trend of hypocrisy on this board when it comes to the national sports media.

When the media is trashing the Bills (as is usually the case), people on this board attack their credentials, accuse the media of being biased, or accuse them of not paying enough attention to the Bills to have an informed opinion.

But when someone in the national sports media says something good about the Bills, suddenly people get all excited and consider it a sign of good things to come.

So, the general sentiment on this board is that the tone/content that the media takes regarding the Bills determines their credibility.

I used to get mad when people in the media trash the Bills, but now I get mad at the team for creating a situation where trashing the team is justified.

It's cool...
That is 1 reason I don't start threads on here is because of others that have false info that they try to pour on people.....
Just wanted to pass on info....
When I pass things on usually it's true or 95% known....
I will be HONEST I hate rumors and thats what alot of the crap on here is....
There are a few on here I will open up and read that I trust what comes from them..
What VIC Carucci said is the same that I have heard from other media outlets, but I hope Brohm comes threw and proves us all wrong and wins the starting job...

Nighthawk
07-07-2010, 05:30 PM
The fact is, Jim Miller is lame and Vic is not exactly pouring out Bills breaking news any longer. I am not one to trash national media who talk negatively about the Bills because the Bills deserve it until they prove otherwise. However, it still doesn't take away the fact that Miller is a complete moron who never says anything negative and thinks everybody is a good player or good coach. I like Vic, but he just is not that connected anymore with the Bills, that's not an opinion, that's a fact. He may be right, but it isn't because he's been told anything from some insider at the Bills.

Goobylal
07-08-2010, 07:31 PM
As the other thread states, Thurman Thomas, who is infinitely more connected with the Bills than Vic Carucci and especially Jim Miller, said his money is on Brohm.

DraftBoy
07-09-2010, 07:24 AM
As the other thread states, Thurman Thomas, who is infinitely more connected with the Bills than Vic Carucci and especially Jim Miller, said his money is on Brohm.

Thurman Thomas is an idiot. It wouldnt suprise me if he actually isn't anymore connected. He's basically a PR guy, he meets the players and does community stuff but that doesnt mean he knows anything or anybody. Hardly anybody in the organization (is it anybody but Ralph) has any connection to him even. Why would they let him have good info?

WeAreArthurMoates
07-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Thurman Thomas is an idiot. It wouldnt suprise me if he actually isn't anymore connected. He's basically a PR guy, he meets the players and does community stuff but that doesnt mean he knows anything or anybody. Hardly anybody in the organization (is it anybody but Ralph) has any connection to him even. Why would they let him have good info?

I agree DB, Thurman talks out of his ass and what he said pretty much means Brohm's got no chance.

Goobylal
07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Thurman said he talked with Brohm and watched him in practices. Not to mention Thurman has actually played the game, and played with a HOF QB in Kelly. So I'd value his opinion well before Carucci or Miller.

tampabay25690
07-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Thurman said he talked with Brohm and watched him in practices. Not to mention Thurman has actually played the game, and played with a HOF QB in Kelly. So I'd value his opinion well before Carucci or Miller.

lol

Goobylal
07-09-2010, 05:19 PM
lol
Funny, that's what I did when I read what Carucci and Miller said.

tampabay25690
07-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Funny, that's what I did when I read what Carucci and Miller said.

The funny thing is I believe what Vic Carucci says over a EX player...